Army Thread Monday 19th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTAB;1545603 wrote: Nope I'm grand thanks, no woe betide me today.

Now JC, you do know you were in Dara's home town dont you?

Hello to Sweetpea & Inchy.
    I do indeed and last May he was in mine for 2 days. :h

Saw him at the City Hall.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

if there's anything more satisfying than a shower after a 2 mile run, well I haven't found it yet haha. now, methinks after that i've earned a biscuit or two xD

Edit: get out of the shower wanting tea n biscuits, write this post in walks wife with a cup of tea n some biscuits. boys psychic I swear.
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Lovely morning all! (afternoon to most of you) I successfully took the eldest back to college without me having a meltdown. Was a little sad last night, but I'm better. This weekend I did something so stupid...but funny. Since I have not been drinking (almost 6 months) I have lost weight and been eating healthy, etc. Lots of energy most days. We were up in the mountains at my sister-in-laws who has a ton of beuatiful land - all grass covered. I was playing volleyball with my three girls and they dared me to do a cartwheel (I used to do lots of gymnastics as a youth)...so I did. And I did one better. I did a roundoff. Super smart. Not. Something snapped in my right butt cheek and I pretended all was well and laughed through the searing butt-cheek pain. It has subsided a little, but I did that Saturday and we had to take my eldest to her dorm/house - ON THE THIRD FLOOR NO ELEVATOR. That was fun. Holy hell, what a dork I am. It is better this morning, but I will be 49 next month, so what the hell was I thinking. It was worth it though. My kids laughed there heads off and were amazed at my good form...lol Today I took the day off (not because of the searing butt-cheek pain) but needed a day to get stuff together for the school year. Can't believe Summer is over. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day. Off to get ready for the day with my two of three girls Love to you all.

Love Waggy
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

mollyka;1545609 wrote: Sorry for disappearing where we had a slightly damp raised wooden floor we now have a deluge!!!
          Going extremely gratefully to work like NOW recster!!!!!
          Laters gaters!!!!!
          Hope your plumber has the deluge under control by now molly! Anything to do with plumbing makes me nervous. The other week I left the plumber and his assistant alone in the house for an hour or so and came back to find a bucket placed on the floor in the middle of the lounge to collect the water that was coming through the ceiling from upstairs. Needless to say, things weren't going according to plan!

Comment

InChains;1545626 wrote: if there's anything more satisfying than a shower after a 2 mile run, well I haven't found it yet haha. now, methinks after that i've earned a biscuit or two xD

Edit: get out of the shower wanting tea n biscuits, write this post in walks wife with a cup of tea n some biscuits. boys psychic I swear.
            Sounds as though you've got him well trained, inchy :goodjob: Well done on your run - I prefer a long soak in a bath afterwards, myself.

Hi waggy Sorry about yer bum!

Comment

mollyka;1545537 wrote: Arsey still has a few weeks work left apparently - may just be achully ------- working? :-)
              Naw - doubt that :H

JackieClaire;1545532 wrote: Now here's weird topic for the day.

Now not many of you know this, in fact I don't think any of you know this but I have a rather big crush on Dara O'Briain.

Anyway last night I dreamt that he called round and stayed for a cup of tea and held my hand (nothing saucy happened). The craic was great.

Trouble was when he went to leave he wouldn't take me phone number. He was awfully polite about it all.

Woke up feeling a bit errrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm unwanted.

Does anyone know Sigmund Freud?I have a pic of DD up close & personal ( drunk in a Dublin pub ) with him Jackser - I 'll dig it out - make yer jealous :H

mollyka;1545540 wrote: I George -- not even his GORGEOUS good looks - he has a right twinkle in his eye --- mind you --- against every bit of my better judgement --- I do think there's something 'about' Simon Cowell
              Ah no :no: Molls - he has MANBOOBS.

JackieClaire;1545545 wrote:
              Funny you should say that. My hairdresser's husband was made redundant after 25+ years as an accountant and used his redundancy money to re-train as a plumber/electrician.

Apparently he's as happy as a pig in muck getting away from the corporate shite.
              I LOVE to hear those stories - I think a lot of people spend the majority of their live like square pegs in round holes. So I love when someone finally gets to do something they love. Saw it here with a batch of redundant technicians who went on to do ALL sorts - :goodjob:

Recluse;1545632 wrote:
              Hope your plumber has the deluge under control by now molly! Anything to do with plumbing makes me nervous. The other week I left the plumber and his assistant alone in the house for an hour or so and came back to find a bucket placed on the floor in the middle of the lounge to collect the water that was coming through the ceiling from upstairs. Needless to say, things weren't going according to plan!
              Oh me too Reccie - the thought of all that water up there scares me !
              Yes I've had the water through the light fitting , leaking shower into kit hen - the works.
              Like tanks / expansion tanks WTF
              Then there is that overflow pipe yoke out back - scary :egad:
              I have nightmares about it constantly.

Comment

soorry about your bum waggy - nothing worse than an injury too embarassing to admit to/cry about (I slipped on ice and fell on my bum in front of a crowded bus shelter this past winter, got up and had to laugh even though I think I broke my bum and just wanted to have a good wail about it xD)

N a bath would be lovely Reccie, but tis one of the pleasures denied me by my skin - a bath is also known as 20 minutes itching with added water haha. had to wash my hair anyway, made the most of it.

and relumbing - the pipes to the radiators in my old house (where my mam lives) were not waterproof. At all. quality living xD
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchy - I 've been observing your posts recently and you sound great - really. i am delighted for you. Even the odd 'slip' hasn't deterred you
                  I'd LOVE to just take off running like you have :goodjob:
                  I've heard from dedicated runners that is is like a form of meditation - so can only be good eh ?

I wish you all the best Incheroo :l

Comment

satz123;1545640 wrote: Oh me too Reccie - the thought of all that water up there scares me !
                    Yes I've had the water through the light fitting , leaking shower into kit hen - the works.
                    Like tanks / expansion tanks WTF
                    Then there is that overflow pipe yoke out back - scary :egad:
                    I have nightmares about it constantly.
                    Oh good...'snot just me then!

InChains;1545644 wrote:
                    N a bath would be lovely Reccie, but tis one of the pleasures denied me by my skin - a bath is also known as 20 minutes itching with added water haha. had to wash my hair anyway, made the most of it.

and relumbing - the pipes to the radiators in my old house (where my mam lives) were not waterproof. At all. quality living xD
                    It's a shame about the baths inchy - I do sympathise. As for the pipes to the radiators - it sounds like yet one more reason to stay where you are. I reckon you've landed on your feet there. Nothing to do with luck BTW, you made your own.

Comment

InChains;1545557 wrote:

Reccie: Running in converse, no foot support at all! Hows your running going? enjoying it?

Yer 20, yeah? OK, yer knees may hold out til Sept, but then I'd def take reccie's advice and get some proper running shoes. Honest, until i took it up seriously a year past Jan, i ran in shoite sneakers - and my knee, inner thigh and ankles all said: :no:

Reccie's right too cos when you go to the running shop they should do an analysis on your gait n stuff. But def get the shoes. Either that or take up basketball.

JackieClaire;1545594 wrote: Not bad at all, Inchy. I admire your taste.

Saw this man and thought for a mo' it was Mr Waits. Can;t say i like the heavy metal stuff meself. Prefer the Trad, the Ol' folks, and the just plain weird and wonderful...

http://youtu.be/H5fA184R6EA[/video]]I'M HAPPY

InChains;1545626 wrote:
                      if there's anything more satisfying than a shower after a 2 mile run, well I haven't found it yet haha. now, methinks after that i've earned a biscuit or two xD
                      Try an ice bath after 26 miles...

achully, that's pure fecking hell on earth, but AFTER the ice bath... Ahhhhhhh...bliss.

satz123;1545640 wrote:

Ah no :no: Molls - he has MANBOOBS.
                      So Doc, yiv dissed MANFLU, MANBOOBS, what next?
                      MANWILLY?
                      MAN?
                      :H

Comment

hallo everyone :hallo:

Comment

Hey Mr D'Arsey :hallo: How was work?

Comment

sweetpea29;1545713 wrote: Hey Mr D'Arsey :hallo: How was work?
                            Eyop there Piddlepantalotties, och i is fine. Spent half the day sorta studying for me course - all stuff that I could argue was part of me work anyway... Tomorrow's an important meet re my redundancy process - timelines and monies. My line manager wants me to stay on either F/T until mid Oct, or as a freelancer doing the classes i teach until Nov. Personally, i think that's a bit of a fucking cheek. Say in one breath we dont want you - but in another, oh, can you stay so as we got classes covered and any change over is smooth?!?!

So, I'll very likely be saying no i want out of there ASAP, and fingers crossed i can be out by mid-sept.

Yada yada et al...

Anyway's how's your day been? Seen your cousin today? Any more word on how she is?

Comment

RunningCourage;1545715 wrote: Eyop there Piddlepantalotties, och i is fine. Spent half the day sorta studying for me course - all stuff that I could argue was part of me work anyway... Tomorrow's an important meet re my redundancy process - timelines and monies. My line manager wants me to stay on either F/T until mid Oct, or as a freelancer doing the classes i teach until Nov. Personally, i think that's a bit of a fucking cheek. Say in one breath we dont want you - but in another, oh, can you stay so as we got classes covered and any change over is smooth?!?!

So, I'll very likely be saying no i want out of there ASAP, and fingers crossed i can be out by mid-sept.

Yada yada et al...

Anyway's how's your day been? Seen your cousin today? Any more word on how she is?
                              Ah D'Arsey, that does sound feckin cheeky and insensitive of them- beggers. Just you do what suits Mr D'Arsey- will cross me everythings that tomorrow goes as you wish it to:l Have you come across any other opportunities? Is yer Monday school thing separate from that work? Heart goes out to you for all the angst and shit you've to face through all this xx

Not gonna see cousin today, she's still in ICU, still on ventilator, working hard with physio to regain strength and mood a tad brighter. Her hubbie showed her a video of baby which made her smile Ive been a lazy bint- did a spot of housework, went to tesco then home for a siesta!! Just up again now!!

Comment

sweetpea29;1545719 wrote: Ah D'Arsey, that does sound feckin cheeky and insensitive of them- beggers. Just you do what suits Mr D'Arsey- will cross me everythings that tomorrow goes as you wish it to:l Have you come across any other opportunities? Is yer Monday school thing separate from that work? Heart goes out to you for all the angst and shit you've to face through all this xx

Not gonna see cousin today, she's still in ICU, still on ventilator, working hard with physio to regain strength and mood a tad brighter. Her hubbie showed her a video of baby which made her smile Ive been a lazy bint- did a spot of housework, went to tesco then home for a siesta!! Just up again now!!
                                Lazy bint my arse! You of all people deserve a day of nada. The wisest and smartest people tell us we can only be our best if we rest, reflect, turn off, tune out, sleep. Siesta till yer hearts content!

There's achully a number of semi-interesting jobs popping up - stuff i could do for a few months or a year. So yeah, just beginning to ping out job app's etc. "Ping" out makes it sounds like i can ping em out as easy as throwing a frisbee... job app's take forever with me.

Off to go read, bacinabit...

Comment

Working...
                                X