Anyone read Dry by Augusten Burroughs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd throw it out there cause it is a great read (I think) and pretty darn funny. He has several books out there and so far- haven't read them all - they are all great.

He writes fiction and memoirs..short stories
    Lisa

Book

I recommended this book a while back somewhere on this site. It is my all-time favorite book and made me laugh out loud. I have recommended it to many friends and one of them even had her book club read it. It is a hit. None of his others come close to being funny; in fact Running With Scissors I could not get through because I just found it too depressing. Anyone who has not read Dry needs to pick it up. It is an awesome read......

Comment

I need to check that one out... have heard a lot about it.
      Hey Lisa, check under the "What We're Reading" section, a few spots down on the Announcements forum (Our Community).
      Lots of good suggestions for great reads. A lot of them having to do with drinking, self improvement, and the like.
      My fave is "Life is Short, Wear Your Party Pants" by Loretta Laroche. I found that book when I was really having a tough time. Got all these books from the library about finding the "real" you, alcoholism, self help stuff.
      I almost put the "party pants" book back on the shelf thinking, "no, Rebecca, your party pants are what got you into this mess..."
      But it was too enticing to put down! It claimed to teach you how to deal with daily stressors, see things in a positive light, move forward in the face of adversity... that sort of thing.
      Got the book...... never read any of the others:lol

Check out that forum though. Lots of great input.
      Becca

Comment

It's an awesome book, I loved it, and had the opportunity to listen to it on audio tapes, read by the author. I have since, read all of his books. He is a brillant communicator.
        Miss Layla

Comment

I loved dry and agree with doymojo- could not get through running wit scissors- waayyyy too sad and sick.

Comment

thanks for the "what we're reading" info- I'll check that out.
            Yeah....I really love this book. But I liked Running with Scissors too. Reading Sellivision by him now...I'll let you know
            lisaa

Comment

Working...
            X