Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOING FINE PLUS

By "plus" I mean I had some thoughts I wanted to share--

If you are like me you probably have watched more than a few episodes of Intervention.
    I was just thinking this morning about how the people doing the intervention read their letters to the addict-starting with "I have seen your addiction affect you in the following ways...."
    SO I started thinking-DRINKING AFFECTS ME IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS-
    >Kills brain cells
    >Damages organ systems
    >Makes me ashamed
    >Makes me sick sick sick
    >Damages relationships
    >Causes embarrassment
    >Jeopardizes all that is good,, i.e job, ability to function at optimal level etc
    >Invites legal issue
    >Wastes $$$
    >Wastes time
    >Makes me think I am clever,attractive, witty and charming.....when in fact I am anything but

I could go on. And I realize this is just a different format for stuff we all agree on anyway. But it did run through my mind when I thought about having a business dinner Wednesday night and how MAYBE I'd have a drink. STUPID

So I took my ab and went on my merry way.

Peace and love

DOING FINE PLUS

I agree Ann... Also;

- robs me of my dignity
    - causes anxiety
    - makes me argumentative
    - makes me fearful
    - sends me to sleep!
    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

DOING FINE PLUS

ALL OF THE ABOVE

Yes-the list is endless. And everything on it is BAD.

In my case it seems to be critical to keep in mind that "having a drink" means one thing-getting DRUNK. There is simply no such thing in my case as "having a drink."
      It ain't happening.

I have a week in Chicago soon for business too, and just like the Vancouver trip-I will be sober! There will be plenty of drinking in the hotel bar. I wish I could say that I could have a light-hearted social evening with colleagues in said bar, but that is not happening either.
      If I am not drinking I will simply stay away. Maybe I will get to that point but I'm not too concerned about that.

Have a great Monday all!

Comment

DOING FINE PLUS

So good to hear you sounding like your old (as in the last several months) self, Ann !
        Your posts are so enthusiastic and inspiring - I love reading them.

:h NS

Comment

DOING FINE PLUS

I love reading them, too, NS!
          That list IS endless for us. Planning to drink for us is like planning to walk into a propeller...makes about as much sense! Just move on! Don't dwell on it and all will be well! Commiserating at the bar with colleagues ain't all it's cracked up to be!

You sound so much happier, and I couldn't be happier about that!!
          XO, B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

DOING FINE PLUS

Same here Ann...what is "a drink?" I've never had that before in my life!

Stick with the AB as long as you need, I know I sure depend on it from time to time. You sound great...keep it up!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

DOING FINE PLUS

Just what I needed to read the morning, Ann. Thanks!! :l

PS - I was antiquing yesterday and found an incredible, hard shell case for Sedona's new Guitar..this case is easily a few hundred dollars in the shops...$35.00 !!!!!
              Total Score! :yay:
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

DOING FINE PLUS

Hey Kradle

Cool! I got a WAY cool cocktail/coffee table for $50. Painting it soon and it will be terrific!
                I love doing that

Comment

DOING FINE PLUS

HAHAHA

Hey Byrd-I like it-walking into a propeller----good one. I heard one the other day. I would rather get into a phone booth with an alligator and sandpaper it's ass.

Open mouth. Insert poison. Cross fingers for continued survival.

Comment

Working...
                  X