Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 20th August

Good morning, Army.

I need to give myself a big heave and a push. I dunno if its the after-effects of the manflu or what, but I need to force myself to get going. Or maybe I need more ME time and BE time.

Anyhoo... have a lekker Tuesday, everyone.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Aways up this early, Tips?
    My jasmine is in bloom, days are getting longer, wind is busier than usual... What does that mean in Pretoria?
    SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!
    Have a lovely day!
    xxx

Comment

Morning Tipps Solitaire and all to come. Sorry I've been awol a few days. Just had a few problems to sort out and just wasn't up to posting much here or fb. Thanks sweetpea for pm. I was lurking and reading over the weekend. I had a slip but i'm over it just bloody fed up battling this poxy addiction. I feel guilty ashamed depressed and all that goes with the after effects but i'm ok and sober 4 days. I don't know whats next but just odat. Not feeling great mood wise still but i'll be ok.:upset: Anyway time for a coffee.:cupajoe:

Comment

Firefox;1545907 wrote: Morning Tipps Solitaire and all to come. Sorry I've been awol a few days. Just had a few problems to sort out and just wasn't up to posting much here or fb. Thanks sweetpea for pm. I was lurking and reading over the weekend. I had a slip but i'm over it just bloody fed up battling this poxy addiction. I feel guilty ashamed depressed and all that goes with the after effects but i'm ok and sober 4 days. I don't know whats next but just odat. Not feeling great mood wise still but i'll be ok.:upset: Anyway time for a coffee.:cupajoe:
        Not had time to read back the last couple of days Foxy but just read your post.

So sorry that you fell off the wagon but so glad that you are back in the ring:goodjob: When is the cruise? Soon I think??

Hi Solitaire and Tips enjoy the end of winter.

I am in the Lakes on a 3 day all inclusive deal ?125 for 3 nights full board Sheep in the field outside beautiful hills and lakes all around. Off for a little run in the Borrowdale valley in 15 minutes.

Comment

Good morning Tipperooo, The luvverly Sol, Foxyloxy, Our Whizzy.

Back to fight another day, Foxy. So pleased to see you posting.

Right little gadabout aren't you Mrs A.

Tippers, sounds like you need a few days of for a bit of pootling. It's good for the soul.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning to the luvverly Molls.

Thank goodness I don't like boats so much so even an all inclusive cruise couldn't tempt me even back in the day.

Get sea sick on a pedalo.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning

Comment

Hello.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning Reccybear and KTabbers,

And cheerio must away to woman the phones.

Please, please, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeee don't let it be like Friday.

Bacinabit.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1545924 wrote: :H Well - meet your brother --- Joe!!! Think half the reason he's learning mindfulness is to try and get himself on a boat for 2 hours from Larne to Stranraer:H
                    It's funny --- it was the last bastion --- the one thing that I would have said even up to a month ago 'I couldn't do a cruise' --- there was an ad on the tele only the other day and I just said to him 'yep -- no prob - I could do that now' ---- just don't want to:H

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh Foxy -- just imo every relapse --- or as you call it a 'slip' is quite serious -- it sets our brain back --- and I just feel that it's good to examine it. On other threads I see 'slips' being discussed in terms of 'oh I didn't go overboard, I only had a couple of drinks' --- to me, that's not the point --- AT ALL -- any alcohol in MY system would cripple me mentally and emotionally -- reckon the aul bod. would prolly go a round or two with a bottle of vodka --- it's just not understood by so many on here..... oh shit, I'm pontificating again --- mebbe need to go to work!!!!
                    Have to agree about the slip/relapse as I did it so many times:upset: Only way for me is NO AL ever. But then we all have to find our own way out I suppose
                    Hi Reccie tabbers and JC.
                    Lovely breakfast and now off to Threlkeld for a little walk

Comment

Breakfast eaten too and its off to work so I am.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Mr T, Foxy, Molls, mrsa, solitaire, Jacs, Recs, PeaPea, Tabbers and the rest of you.

Just orf to work the now.
                        Tuesday.
                        Long day.
                        With run at end.
                        Will pop in from Skiverville.

Arsey's thought for the day. While getting prepared to do a Satz and OM for short whiley early this morning, my fecking laptop ran out of battery (it needs to be permanently connected to the mains - but it's lead came out) and momentarily died.
                        I shouted "FUCK!" and felt me cold morning blood begin to boil.
                        Such a small thing, eh?
                        And it is the small things that get us - or switch a switch and make us fume, lose our temper...
                        But it is not the small things that we fume and lose our temper about.
                        Realised that "me" "I" whatever that thing is, isn't actually bothered about waiting 3 or 4 minutes while my lappie reboots... but inside there is a deeper, perhaps more complex vat of emotional lava that needs tempered less it explodes.

rrrooooAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR

Arsey Versus The Volcano :H:H

Comment

Good morning all , had the worst cravings ever last weekend , but got through them , and also last night , which was my darts/lads night . Stayed in , watched breaking bad . Delighted now . Off from work today and bringing my son now to Aquatic Centre (indoor waterpark) feeling on top of the world. I read a lot here last weekend . Your threads are powerful and WORK .
                          Have a great day all , thanks
                          Damo in Dublin xxx
                          Still trying !!!
                          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Good morning everyone

Good to see ya back Foxy- was missin ya:l Sorry ye slipped last weekend- is there anything you can identify that led-up to it? Those feelings of guilt, shame and depression are familiar to many of us here- ye know the longer ye get AF the further away from those feelings we go. ODAT is the only way to go...

Hiya Sol and Damo- good to see yis here too Damo - so glad ye got through those cravings- good man yerself! Was sorry to see yer hurlers got beat but am sure ye are all v proud of them!

MrsA- was wondering where ye had got to! That place sounds beautiful- acully sounds much like me Da's house- only its the Irish sea he's looking at! Is good for the soul.

MrT- sorry yer not back to full power- maybe you should take some me and be time?

Mr D'Arsey- whats happening? You ok?:l None of us can hold on to a deep-seated anger/unease indefinitely- not good for the body or soul dear man. Let that volcano erupt- maybe just don't do it at work

Hiya Jacks, Reccie, Molls and KTAB :hiya:

Just got me weary arse up outa the leaba, so feckin tired even with near 9 hours sleep, think last week was running on adrenaline and now the well is dry!

Comment

Morning all. Back to work after a few days off. Did not check one email which is very unlike me. I had no interest in being harrassed during family time. I certainly could get used to this! My butt-cheek injury is healing thankfully...and I do not see any more gynastics for me in the immediate future...lol

Hope eveyone has a great day

Waggy
                              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                              X