Comment

Army Thread Tuesday 20th August

Yo doc :waving:

Comment

Where'd ya go doc? :stomper:

Comment

So news from the work front is that they have agreed to let me go ASAP. And are suggesting even quicker than I thought: out by the end of next week. With September being paid as normals but not having to work. It has a name. Like in lieu. Or sumfink. Anyway, I am happy wih that as it means I'm out ASAP and not hanging on and neither does the org need a hanger oner.

Orf for a walk before returning to me desk.

Comment

RunningCourage;1545988 wrote: So news from the work front is that they have agreed to let me go ASAP. And are suggesting even quicker than I thought: out by the end of next week. With September being paid as normals but not having to work. It has a name. Like in lieu. Or sumfink. Anyway, I am happy wih that as it means I'm out ASAP and not hanging on and neither does the org need a hanger oner.

Orf for a walk before returning to me desk.
            It's called Pay in lieu of notice or Garden leave
            :wavin: Froglet

EDit: don't take it personally - we do it here all the time.

Comment

D'arsey ??????where are you :stomper:

Comment

I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an Oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.

Comment

the 10 funniest jokes of the Edinburgh Fringe. Apparently
                  The 10 funniest jokes from the Edinburgh fringe 2013 - in punchlines and pictures | Culture | theguardian.com

Comment

Afternoon! :hallo:

Fink the site was offline for a little while there.

Glad you're happy with your leaving arrangements arsey and I agree with you that having you hanging on isn't good for anyone. Congratulations to your brother, by the way.

Hope the plumber'll be able to get your living room sorted out quickly molly. Hate living in a mess, myself - it's a major drinking trigger for me. Sorry about the telephone abuse at work - there's absolutely no excuse for it whatsoever in my book. Hope you have better luck on the phone today too Jackie!

Sorry about the slip foxy, but well done on managing four sober days. Try not to let it get you down. Anyway, good to see you posting again.

I'm not surprised you're still knackered peapie - hope you haven't had to go to work today? Maybe another siesta would be in order?

Enjoy Borrowdale whizzy - I'm dead envious!

"Scottish harridan" doesn't sound very zen-like, zenners. You might have to re-think your MWO handle if this continues...

I hope your next appointment goes well so's you can carry on running inchy - well, I hope it goes well regardless of the running.

Comment

Hiya Reccie, D'Arsey, Satzy and all :hiya:

Good news then D'Arsey on the work front

Ashamed to say that yeah Reccie one had another siesta this afternoon!! Work were on the phone earlier lookin me to do extra tomorrow so I reckoned should get all me rest in when possible! Good news from hospital- ventilator is off and cousin is sitting up talking. Delighted so I am!

Ok now where did I put the dyson?! Long time since ive used it!

Comment

sweetpea29;1546043 wrote: Hiya Reccie, D'Arsey, Satzy and all :hiya:

Ashamed to say that yeah Reccie one had another siesta this afternoon!! Work were on the phone earlier lookin me to do extra tomorrow so I reckoned should get all me rest in when possible! Good news from hospital- ventilator is off and cousin is sitting up talking. Delighted so I am!

That's brilliant news about your cousin peapie! Hope this means you can cut down on the worrying a bit now.

Nothing wrong with taking a siesta - if you need it, you need it!

I've a Dyson too - a handheld thingy and definitely one of my better purchases - I use it several times a day cos it's so convenient. It's brilliant for when you make a mess in the kit hen - you can sort out crumbs and stuff within seconds.

Comment

Recluse;1546049 wrote: That's brilliant news about your cousin peapie! Hope this means you can cut down on the worrying a bit now.

Nothing wrong with taking a siesta - if you need it, you need it!

I've a Dyson too - a handheld thingy and definitely one of my better purchases - I use it several times a day cos it's so convenient. It's brilliant for when you make a mess in the kit hen - you can sort out crumbs and stuff within seconds.
                          :H Mines one of the bigger ones Reccie- how could it be possible to lose?! Ah well it has turned up and is sitting lookin at me near speaking 'use me'!!

Crumbs in the kit hen are a big pet hate of mine! I turn into psycho woman when the bro makes toast and doesn't use a plate for it -ARGHHHH!! A wee handheld would be handy alright- but will hafta make do with a wee brush n dustpan for now!!

What are ye doing today? Did ye get a run?

Comment

sweetpea29;1546043 wrote: Hiya Reccie, D'Arsey, Satzy and all :hiya:

AH PP that's GREAT news altogether :l inkele:

Comment

sweetpea29;1546052 wrote: :H Mines one of the bigger ones Reccie- how could it be possible to lose?! Ah well it has turned up and is sitting lookin at me near speaking 'use me'!!

Crumbs in the kit hen are a big pet hate of mine! I turn into psycho woman when the bro makes toast and doesn't use a plate for it -ARGHHHH!! A wee handheld would be handy alright- but will hafta make do with a wee brush n dustpan for now!!

What are ye doing today? Did ye get a run?
                              Mmmm....think I would struggle to lose a full-size Dyson in my little house - you must have a very big house to be able to lose yours! The handheld one would be perfect for your brother's toast crumbs though.

I had a good run yesterday evening, so prob won't run today although I'd like to. I find I need to give the old legs about 48 hours recovery time between runs, ideally. Might go for a walk later, but I'm mostly reading today and doing housework and grocery shopping and stuff. Nothing very exciting, sadly.

:hallo: satzuma

Comment

RunningCourage;1546027 wrote: I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an Oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.
                                Oh dear :kaching:

Comment

Working...
                                X