Oprah Show Tomorrow (4/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen the teasers for tomorrow's Oprah show. Among other things, it states that a man was alcoholic for 50 years and "can a pill make him stop?" It is supposed to be about cutting edge treatments for addictions. Wonder if the topic will include Topamax?

I won't be able to catch the show (during work hours), so can't wait to hear what the show is about.

Journey

Thanks for sharing, i will try to check it out, I am not sure what time it comes on here, but i will look it up./
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. I just put it on my calendar so I will not forget.

Be well-
      lucky

Comment

That alcoholic guy from the Oprah commercial actually was on HBO's series of programs -"Addicition". I saw HBO's Addiction and he actually was on Topomax, so I was very interested. I think alll the people ontomorrow's Oprah are from the HBO special. I'll watch.

Comment

HBO: Addiction: Treatment: Which Treatment Should I Pursue?: Prescribed Medications Can Help People Recover from Addiction

here is the link to the HBO documentary, I watched the video of the two guys on topa, it was very interesting...
          It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Thanks Vic You stress me out. I wish you could quit running and stay still girlfriend-

Comment

HBO Series

The HBO documentary was excellent and if you missed it you can order the entire DVD from the HBO Store for $25. Many of you here will see that you are very much ahead of the curve when you view the the link Victoria shared.

RJ
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

I watched it today. It was very moving. However, they did not tell the drug the alcoholic was on.
                Anemone

Comment

I watched it too but kept getting called out of the room for something, so I was wondering if they mentioned topa. I've also ordered the CDs from HBO so that I can watch the whole thing. Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X