Army Thread Wednesday 21st August

x-post Recs! :hallo:

Comment

RunningCourage;1546526 wrote: x-post Recs! :hallo:
        Hiya! How was your day?

Comment

Recluse;1546503 wrote: Hiya zenny! Sounds as if a fair few folks are not over happy with the tree trimmers - couldn't the HOA get someone else to do the job next year?

Sorry about the sore throat - the thought occured that karaoke singing might not do it any favours. Mind you, a sore throat might not do yer singing any favours either! :H

And hurry up and get yer arse down to the gym!
          Just back from the gym Sargent Reccy SIR!!!

One of the HOA board member's garden got maimed so, yep, I bet these guys won't be doing it next year! :goodjob:

Or............ I could use the sore throat as an excuse not to sing! :ey:

Arsey... I love Breaking Bad! There's a new series starting here soon...

Comment

Recluse;1546527 wrote: Hiya! How was your day?
            Fine Recs - it's all in the open now at work that i'll be away next Friday.

So now it's just counting down... 7 days to go

I do notice, however, how oppressive i find the office when my line manager is in. Maybe it is only me, but when she's not there, i feel so much lighter. It's not as if she's a tyrant :H But yeah... REALLY aware of how I was feeling when she was in today, and how relieved i am that she's not in tomorrow and Friday...

How was your day? Good run there?

Comment

Ya Zendude!

Comment

Zenstyle;1546528 wrote: Just back from the gym Sargent Reccy SIR!!!
                Excellent! :thumbsup

Zenstyle;1546528 wrote: One of the HOA board member's garden got maimed so, yep, I bet these guys won't be doing it next year! :goodjob:
                That's good!

RunningCourage;1546529 wrote:
                I do notice, however, how oppressive i find the office when my line manager is in. Maybe it is only me, but when she's not there, i feel so much lighter. It's not as if she's a tyrant :H But yeah... REALLY aware of how I was feeling when she was in today, and how relieved i am that she's not in tomorrow and Friday...
                I reckon it's fairly normal to feel more relaxed when the boss isn't around arsey - I certainly did. I suppose it's a question of degree.

RunningCourage;1546529 wrote:
                How was your day? Good run there?
                My day was fine, thanks. Reading, cooking, shopping, housework and a decent run. One problem I have when running is what to do with keys and stuff. Would you mind telling me how you deal with the problem, or do you have a pocket in your shorts?

Comment

RunningCourage;1546530 wrote: Ya Zendude!
                  Yo D'Arseydude! (That's a mouthful!)

The feckin tree trimmers are back. This shit only took a day last year and we're on day 3... useless twats!

In other news... my handbags from eBay arrived and they are in excellent nick. Doesn't quite make up for the drunk shower incident but has restored my confidence somewhat! :H Did you see the "eBaying under the influence" thread Arsey? It got deleted when I cleared all my posts and threads but it was pretty amusing what people had bought while they were trolleyed!

Comment

Recluse;1546531 wrote:

My day was fine, thanks. Reading, cooking, shopping, housework and a decent run. One problem I have when running is what to do with keys and stuff. Would you mind telling me how you deal with the problem, or do you have a pocket in your shorts?
                    Well when i run i take two things: my nano or music and my house keys. Both fit in the back wee pocket of my shorts - the ones you can fit a credit card into and have a zip.

I used to wear one of those things round your arm with my old phone, but when i got me new nano, i ditched that.

Oh and when i do long runs (more than 15miles say) and want gels i make sure i am wearing a top with a wee pocket like my shorts have and stuff a few in there. Got a water bottle so carry that too for longer runs. Am looking at getting a gel belt though - might do for the Moray Marathon. Hope that helps. Whizzy may have suggestions too.

Comment

Recluse;1546531 wrote: One problem I have when running is what to do with keys and stuff. Would you mind telling me how you deal with the problem, or do you have a pocket in your shorts?
                      Get thee a small bum bag Reccy... couldn't find a pic of a small one. They call them fanny packs over here... :wow: (Yer fanny's yer bottom in America...)

Comment

Zenstyle;1546535 wrote:

Did you see the "eBaying under the influence" thread Arsey? It got deleted when I cleared all my posts and threads but it was pretty amusing what people had bought while they were trolleyed!
                        :stomper: I missed that.
                        Maybe before my time?

Comment

mollyka;1546534 wrote: A tense sorta boss does my head in - Charlie . Aka tibetan monk IS THE tensest person on the planet - he's like a dry monk as opposed to a dry drunk :-) today's boss on the other hand is so laid back its almost scary!!!!
                          :H

Feck me, is that not a bit of an oxymoron... a tense monk?

Comment

Hello molly How did your chat with the other granny go?

Comment

RunningCourage;1546536 wrote: Well when i run i take two things: my nano or music and my house keys. Both fit in the back wee pocket of my shorts - the ones you can fit a credit card into and have a zip.

I used to wear one of those things round your arm with my old phone, but when i got me new nano, i ditched that.

Oh and when i do long runs (more than 15miles say) and want gels i make sure i am wearing a top with a wee pocket like my shorts have and stuff a few in there. Got a water bottle so carry that too for longer runs. Am looking at getting a gel belt though
                              - might do for the Moray Marathon. Hope that helps. Whizzy may have suggestions too.
                              Learn something new every day. Had no idea such a yoke existed. Think one of them's what you might need Reccy?

Comment

RunningCourage;1546538 wrote: :stomper: I missed that.
                                Maybe before my time?
                                Maybe I'll start another one... it WAS feckin funny all the crazy shite people bought. One2many was drunk and mispelt the dog's name on it's personalized collar, Jackie bought a red wedding dress (she was happily married to Sir Pee at the time) and I bought an obnoxious piece of shit shower that I HATE, LOATHE AND DETEST on a daily basis. :upset: There was all sorts of shite people bought!

Comment

Working...
                                X