How I quit, so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I quit, so far

After years of alcohol abuse I knew I was committing a slow voluntary suicide, but didnt give a sh1t! I had become fat, depressed and occasionally suicidal. One day something clicked in my head and I decided to do something about it. It was after watching 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead' about a guy called Joe Cross who was as the title suggests - Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. He went on a 60 juice fast and has a website called rebootwithjoe.com

The reboot plans are all about getting healthy, no alcohol, no ciggies, no food - just juices and blends or smoothies, made from 20% fruit, and 80% vegetables. I thought I would give it a go. Not a serious juice only fast, but the 15 day reboot, that eases you in wirh smoothies and soups at first. I really expected to miss the booze, but I didn't. I suppose I was too busy missing the food!

I am now two weeks in and have lost 20 lbs in weight and I feel great. My sense of taste has come back and my sense of smell is improving too. Yes I do still have cravings for wine, and the ciggies, but when I do I have a juice or a smoothie instead. I do not want to sound patronising or insult anyone's integrity, I just thought I should share what has worked for me, in the hope it might work for you. If it does for even only one person, it will have been worth it!

Just google rebootwithjoe and the documentary can be found on YouTube.

How I quit, so far

That is a great documentary! I did watch it about six months ago and immediately purchased a juicer. I did well for a few months but than I got lazy. It's so true that a fresh green juice gives tons of energy. I have not been doing well on my drinking lately so I will get out the juicer and see if that helps to motivate me again. But I second your post... I think everyone should check out this documentary, it's worth the watch.
    Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

How I quit, so far

:hI loved that Documentary, Red and there's no question that it prompted me to get more serious about getting AL out of my life Forever...

I also bought my juicer soon after like Mein..I've had my busy/lazy months but summer has helped kick me back into juicing...I grew a boat of beets!!

I have never done tet total juice fast though I followed some people On joe's Web site. Are you planning on doing the 60 day? If you do, I hope you will post...perhaps if I have a juice buddy, I could do it.

Well done on the weight and the Vices:goodjob: Joe would be so proud! :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

How I quit, so far

i find clorophyll tablets work wonders too, you can buy them anywhere, they are full of alkaline, the opposite of what booze gives you (acidic diet) . its the equivalent of eating your greens about 5 times a day, and they stop cravings too

Comment

How I quit, so far

thanks for sharing......I'm going to check it out!
          Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
          [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

How I quit, so far

Hi Redred,

I also loved that documentary. Amazing how his overall health turned around. I need to start using my smoothie maker again...good to see you here!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

How I quit, so far

I am going to give the juicing and blending another 15 days and see if so can loose another stone. if so, I might follow Joe's 60 days approach. I'll let you know how it goes. At the moment it is more likely that I will fall off the wagon with a Chicken Curry than a bottle of wine, as I am so hungry!

Comment

How I quit, so far

Red.....what kind of juicer do you have? I'm thinking about starting with the 3 day program first then working my way up.
                Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

How I quit, so far

In the UK its called a Sage, in Australia it is called a Breville. I also use a Vitamix blender.

Comment

How I quit, so far

As I don't stop for lunch until I finish working, I usually get in too late for a complete lunch I find a smoothy will hold me off until dinner and help my weight issue. Don't know if I could live on it though. I do a lot of physical activity for work. A 3 day cleans sounds good though. Keep us posted how this goes.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

How I quit, so far

maybe you could eat some fruit and veg whole to fill you up a bit?
                      10-06-2012

Comment

How I quit, so far

A site that's helped me with diet and taken my mind off Al is Marks daily apple .
                        Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                        Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Working...
                        X