Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 22nd August

Goooooooooood morning, folksies

Had a good sleep, and feeling more refreshed today. Not sure if it's the placebo effect, but I'm already bouncier than I have been in a while since starting taking my supps again. Does sugar intake also play a role? I've been trying to cut out some of my late night choccie eating.

Not too bad a day ahead, as far as meetings go - only three, all in the morning. Will allow me to catch up on some other stuff I've been neglecting.

Have a lekker day, Army!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Dear Tipps,

Sugar is the enemy.

Love, Zenners

Comment

I've been woken up by thunder... We get bad storms here in the summer but WTF there's no rain, just the thunder. Weird as all get out.

Went to karaoke (can anybody spell that without spell check cos I can't) tonight and I sang "Pictures" with me mate wot is a karaoke-er. I fink it was allright cos when I sat back down the dude beside me high fived me. I'm very suspicious though. He could very well have been trolleyed. In fact, I think this might have been the case. So all my hopes for American Idol or The Voice are dashed... boo hoo.

Jacks... I read the end of yesterday's thread... are you not feeling well? :l

I'm wide awake now dammit! :stomper:

Shall do a Satz OMMM thing and try and slumber. Have a good start to your day folksies... and see yiz on the flip side. If I sleep darnitt.....

Comment

Morning Mr Tipps and La Zendude :wavin:

Comment

Good morning MrT and nighters our Zenny :wavin:

MrT- Glad yer feelin bouncier already! Congrats and big thanks to you again- it really does help to have long-termers about the house-:goodjob:

Well our Zennifer- ya never know, yer mano at the karaoke mighta been a scout for that Cowell boy! Fair dues to ya for partaking- something I could never do drunk nor sober! Hope ye get some kip m'dear xx

Tis very foggy atop o this hill one resides on, cant even see me car this morn! Have that horrible wipedoutness us poor woman hafta experience each month No nice in fact tis horrible! Feck sugar being the enemy- God help anyone comes between mise and a bar of choccie the day- wouldn't know whats hit em!!

Hoping to get a half day in work today- will see.

Jacks- hope yer feeling better:l Everyone have a loverly day xx

Comment

Mr T, apparently sugar is the enemy, cutting down on late nice choice of choccies would, i reckon, would help. Apparently a slice of bread helps sleep as a late night stack (thus my toast and tea every night - look forward to it almost as much as the ol' bottle of wine :H).

Edit - MORNING PEAPEA!!

Comment

:hiya: and biya MrD'Arsey- Iz Late!!

Comment

Dear PeaPea

Don't let me or anyone come between you and your choccie.

Here, have it all - !!

Love F. F. (Froglet) D'Arsey

Comment

Zenstyle;1546690 wrote: I've been woken up by thunder... We get bad storms here in the summer but WTF there's no rain, just the thunder. Weird as all get out.

Went to karaoke (can anybody spell that without spell check cos I can't) tonight and I sang "Pictures" with me mate wot is a karaoke-er. I fink it was allright cos when I sat back down the dude beside me high fived me. I'm very suspicious though. He could very well have been trolleyed. In fact, I think this might have been the case. So all my hopes for American Idol or The Voice are dashed... boo hoo.

Jacks... I read the end of yesterday's thread... are you not feeling well? :l

I'm wide awake now dammit! :stomper:

Shall do a Satz OMMM thing and try and slumber. Have a good start to your day folksies... and see yiz on the flip side. If I sleep darnitt.....
                  Dear Mr Cowell,

Have you heard of the Zendude?

She IS the next American Idol.

Snap her up before Mr Jones does.

Kind regards,
                  F. F. D'Arsey

PS :goodjob: on becoming a father.

Comment

RunningCourage;1546700 wrote: Dear Mr Cowell,

Have you heard of the Zendude?

She IS the next American Idol.

Snap her up before Mr Jones does.

Kind regards,
                    F. F. D'Arsey

PS :goodjob: on becoming a father
                    :H

All right I'm convinced. I'm going to apply to Americas Got Talent with mine and Moller's sword swallowing act. She knows what's what as she's in Swords a lot... hehe... insider info! :ey:

Comment

Bottle of wine dream

OKAY folks, just sharing thsi (and will prolly copy n paste for Stella too)... had the most vivid dream last night about having a bottle of wine.

The facts:

It was Rose.
                      It was in a bar somewhere
                      I was by meself (I think)
                      I was very conscious of doing it. i knew it would end this quite phenomenal (for me) AF period.
                      I felt the effects, but was not trolleyed.
                      I remember remembering after i had drunk it that tomorrow would be Day 1... or the start of a new relationship - call it modding, drinking sensibly, whatever...
                      I remember being conscious of the fact that I could have a glass or two of wine, and not the whole bottle... which may have stirred up the question could I drink sensibly? [footnote on this below].

When i remembered the dream as i was brewing me espresso this morn, I was, tbh, quite relieved that I had not drunk a whole bottle of wine. I am also aware that next Friday (30th) will be a bit of a challenge - last day work coincides with staff BBQ, and a friend at works leaving do... which will now also be mine. Plans are already afoot as to what we will all do once we've escaped the staff BBQ - into town, a bar, a club etc etc... It would be very easy, maybe, to just let everything drop and drink.

And what makes me think I wont, other than I don't feel i should (or want to???) is that i have a marathon on the Sunday.

[FOOTNOTE: To drink sensibly.... Plenty of people who drink "Sensibly" by their standards are peeps who like to get pretty drunk - not lairy or incapacitated, but just merry. This is not "sensibly" as in the government health guidelines, this "sensible" drinking is perceived as social and could well involve drinking twice the amount of units recommened per day. As an example, many a man's sensible drinking might be seen as 4 pints down the pub after work. Or to share a bottle of wine with a partner. Both are not out of the extraordinary in terms of how much one drinks, but they are clearly above recommended health guidelines. Yet these imbibers would / could term it as Sensible... Indeed perhaps peeps here would term it as sensible compared to what and how they were themselves imbibing...

Perhaps it's about why we drink - to get drunk, or to share/mark an occasion (be that dinner, a wedding, birthday, end of the day drink etc?

Comment

Now that I've bored you, I'll go fix breakfast and return with a burp and a fart to let you know normal service has resumed :H

Comment

Zenstyle;1546702 wrote: :H

All right I'm convinced. I'm going to apply to Americas Got Talent with mine and Moller's sword swallowing act
                          . She knows what's what as she's in Swords a lot... hehe... insider info! :ey:
                          Bit early for that kinda info, Zenny?! :H

Comment

Actually i read that different - as in Molls' Swords swallowing act, as in an act she does in Swords not with swords.

That's just my dirty mind.

As we can see normal service has resumed :yay:

Where's Doc for a quick one liner?!

Comment

RunningCourage;1546707 wrote: Bit early for that kinda info, Zenny?! :H
                              Ahhhh Jaysus!

Forget the sword swallowing. I'm thinking I'll concentrate on being a mime. (Now lets see what ye can do with THAT laddie!) :H

Thunder's gone, lights going out... see yiz a bit later... X :l

Comment

Working...
                              X