This is going to be a tough day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simey, you are one of the people I like on this board the most! You are a force... and that's great!

I also think you need to just - stop.

I can really see that you're trying to fix other peoples problems. You will never succeed. It doesn't mean that you don't care, but I think you really need to just let it all go.

I can see why you'd be wanting to seek custody of Callum, and there is obviously more to the abuse. I don't know what the answer to that one is, but if your daughter and her abusive husband are allowing you to buy/pay etc but then block you out when it suits them? I'd be thinking long and hard about that one. I wonder if your daughter will eventually leave him. He sounds like an emotionally abusive bastard from hell ('scuse the lingo).

Lots of love
    Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Simey .... don't really know what to say.... I think if a lot of us could write a book about our lives... there would be so many twists, turns, injusticies, deceit, love, hate, hurt, happiness, confusion....etc etc etc. I have been married twice and have children from a previous marriage (who now live in a different country) and know how bloody twisted things can get. I have had birthday cards/gifts "withheld"/lost in the post, etc, etc. There are some mad, vindictive, confused bastards out there.

Just hang on in there. Hopefully life will straighten out for you all. You are a fantastic person, remember this.

Your Grandson will not forget how important you are in his life... it will be etched in his mind forever.

As I said I really don't know what to say to help but just thanks for all the help you have been to me.
      :l

Comment

Helllo Simey,

I was out of town for a few days and just checked the posts I missed. It's a little delayed, but I wanted to send my sympathy for what you are going through. Family can really put us through the ringer. I pretty much have disengaged from some of my more troubled family members. And thank you for being YOU! I've gained so much from all of your posts. Feel better.

Julie

Comment

Hi Simey,

As they say, you can choose your friends but not your family... I have issues with my youngrer sister, the way she is and the way she treats her children brings back painful childhood memories for me, but she doesn't think she is doing anything wrong...

I can sympathise with you but just hang on in there, it may take some time but things will change..

Thinking of you, Louise xxx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Hi, are you a pisces? I only ask because I am and feel responsible for everyones well being, even people I dont know, seriously I can cry and be upset for people I've seen on tv. But like you I guess I'm sensitive, and find it hard to understand why people do the things they do. I empathise with you, I've had some serious family stuff happen too, all I can do is send you love and hugs, and together with everyone here, we will get better, and live the happy life we deserve, reach out to people who care.

Love Jasmin
            :thanks: :h

Comment

I'm relatively new here to this board, and just read this thread for the first time. Mar, I reach out to you with a "virtual" hug.
              :racer:

Comment

Thank you, Landshark, This will pass. I had the heir. I forgot to have the spare! i just have to learn to live with it.
                I appreciate your hug. Feels nice
                Mar

Comment

Blue Bell's right... kids remember with great clarity the kind of love and protection that you blanket your Grand Son with. You are his rock.
                  A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth, he is my world. I just always hopes he has good memories of me. He is my heart. I tear up as I type that. Just love him so much
                    Smiles
                    Mar

Comment

Of course he loves you!!! I love you and have never even met you. You are always so inspiring and supportive to me. This will pass.....your daughter will see the light in time. Hugs to you....

Comment

Working...
                      X