Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What it feels like.

Macks & Lisa,

I love you both, and my heart goes out to you both ........
    sigpicXXX

Comment

What it feels like.

Hi Macks...I feel ticked off at times when i have talked myself into not drinking. I am trying to do moderating right now.

I have to be honest though i loved the morn after feeling of waking up guilt free, alert and happy...and dare i say it a bit smug!!on the 45 days AF i did recently.

I am in the situation that i,m not ready to do the final leap into AF YET but sure as hell know thats a thought that makes me angry...

i need to do a lot of re framing in my head and get rid of this "deprived " attitude..There are some good recommendations on various books that help with this...I,ve read them all!!!!just need to put it into practice.

Emotions have a lot to answer for..some dys i feel so strong and dont drink...and then up comes the urge..i do try and stick to my current plan of twice weekly wine..but am not complacent as i know as my history has shown..i can soon slip into the old ways.

so lets have a groups scream and get on with it...good Luck

regards Cassy

Comment

What it feels like.

Macks & Mrs Macks,

Determinator and I have been thru some of this.
        When you are best friends with your spouse who disappears in the bottle, you miss them like crazy.
        You wonder why they would rather spend time with the bottle instead of with you, since it creates a separation.

I know he felt more 'normal' with a drink in him and if I had any idea how abnormal he felt without a drink,
        he felt I would be meeting him at the door with a drink (preferably topless).

I read somewhere that I needed to be somewhat detached and not so responsive to his drinking.
        Let him slide down his hole, let him cover his own arse, don't ask for explanations.
        Easier said than done when you would take a bullet for him.
        He will do what he intends, with or without me. I removed myself as a target.
        If he chose to climb out of his dark hole, it was because he chose to.
        No more resenting me and being angry because I was not the reason for his choice.
        His wanting a better life and to be a better man were the reasons.
        It's a stronger foundation than guilt. Easier said than done, of course.

Someday you will be sitting in your backyard, bbq'ing steaks, enjoying your children remembering this obstacle and proud of yourselves that you tackled it and succeeded.

Happier times ahead.
        Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

What it feels like.

Brilliant Awesome quotes, I have done that declaration thing to my husband, now he is on tenderhooks every time I have a glass of wine which is driving me the the other way, i.e. don't tell him, become even more secretive, etc....

Comment

What it feels like.

Hey there Mack,
            If you haven't tried Kudzu Rescue, I would strongly suggest if.. Also some people find alot of success with calms forte (spelling not sure of)
            Hope this helps you some.
            ~Niblet~
            P.S. We're all pullin' fer ya !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
            X