Army Thread Tuesday 27th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning YouKayBee! What did you watch on Netflix? )

Jacks... I hear you... we're singing from the same hymn book lol! Yer wan indoor's brother is lovely and I heart me mate Kenny to bits but I was SO glad to get me gaff back to meself yesterday arvo!

Reccy... it's quite expensive to start out but so feckin exciting! Any more thoughts on names?

Comment

Recluse;1548747 wrote: Gawd...there seems to be no end to the list of stuff I have to get for the pup Jackie - basket, bedding, travel cage, bowls, collar and lead, toys, litter tray, food, baby gate for the stairs and so on. Some of it's on order from Amazon and I'll prob go to the pet superstore in Oxford later on today to get the rest of it. The little bugger's costing me a bleeding fortune. :upset:
      A litter tray. Ach just plenty of newspaper. Doesn't take too long to house train them. Especially a collie. Just have to keep an eye on them and make sure every time they wake up from a nap take them in the garden.

A stair gate She'll be sleeping on your bed before you can say get down.

Anyhoo you'll get masses of advice at the pet store. They'll be over joyed to see you and your credit card.

I know the morning we got Bess, Sir Pee disappeared to the pet shop and an hour and ?121 later, came back with a blanket, food, balls and an England football shirt made especially for dogs.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1548750 wrote: Good morning YouKayBee! What did you watch on Netflix? )

Jacks... I hear you... we're singing from the same hymn book lol! Yer wan indoor's brother is lovely and I heart me mate Kenny to bits but I was SO glad to get me gaff back to meself yesterday arvo!

Reccy... it's quite expensive to start out but so feckin exciting! Any more thoughts on names?
        Morning YouKayBee.

Yep love me mates (tbh prefer me on-line mates) but the noise and chatter and half conversations.

Making a proper roast beef dinner tonight, yes with Yorkshire puddings (Sweetypea) Need some proper old fashioned food.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1548750 wrote: Good morning YouKayBee! What did you watch on Netflix? )

Well...so far on my not very shortlist I've got molly, willow, maggie, ally, ellie, ella, ivy, nellie, erin, amy, ida, maya, una, evie, tatty and saffy (saffron).

Morning UK bee :hallo:

Comment

Humph not a Jackie or a Zens in sight..............:sulk:

Might sound odd but try shouting names round the house and pick the one you feel comfortable with.

Oh and keep the windows shut. The pup's too young to visit you in the home for the bewildered.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Whatever you call her there will be times when she's known as "that bloody dog" :H :H :H

After buying at least 15 dog beds at ?30+ a time which were eaten at a prodigious pace we bought a second hand sofa for a tenner, best dog bed ever! When he was a puppy he had a crate, brilliant for the pup's safety and your sanity that helped with the house training too! The spray you can get to attract them to pee on the paper pads is good for in the night and anything they shouldn't have makes a satisfactory toy

When we took Charlie for his booster yesterday a crate full of labrador puppieswere brought in, made me want another.
              AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

I watched/listened to a documentary about Auschwitz.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

JackieClaire;1548752 wrote: A litter tray. Ach just plenty of newspaper. Doesn't take too long to house train them. Especially a collie. Just have to keep an eye on them and make sure every time they wake up from a nap take them in the garden.

Anyhoo you'll get masses of advice at the pet store. They'll be over joyed to see you and your credit card.

I know the morning we got Bess, Sir Pee disappeared to the pet shop and an hour and ?121 later, came back with a blanket, food, balls and an England football shirt made especially for dogs.
                  The stair gate is only a short-term thing to keep her confined at night until she's had a chance to learn good behaviour Jackie. And the litter tray is also for use at night - there's no amount of barking that'll wake me up. I don't buy newspapers - hence the litter tray.

Comment

JackieClaire;1548752 wrote: A litter tray. Ach just plenty of newspaper. Doesn't take too long to house train them. Especially a collie. Just have to keep an eye on them and make sure every time they wake up from a nap take them in the garden.

:H:H:H @ "before you can say get down..."

There's expense every time I get a new addition but thus far I've managed to avoid the England football shirt...

Comment

Recluse;1548754 wrote: Well...so far on my not very shortlist I've got molly, willow, maggie, ally, ellie, ella, ivy, nellie, erin, amy, ida, maya, una, evie, tatty and saffy (saffron).

Morning UK bee :hallo:
                      Jayzuz!!!

It's easy for me. The name has to be Celtic in some way, shape or form and with the Chartreux it has to start with a specific letter for the year of their birth...

(And I still like Petra from Blue Peter! Goes with Poppy too...)

Comment

mollyka;1548756 wrote: Mornin! Sorry didn't mean to just disappear - dealing with fairly heavy stuff here - I'm ok tho - I'll b back as soon as poss! LUV yiz all! Xxx
                        You'd blooming better be, me slightly taller than me partner in crime. :l:l
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1548756 wrote: Mornin! Sorry didn't mean to just disappear - dealing with fairly heavy stuff here - I'm ok tho - I'll b back as soon as poss! LUV yiz all! Xxx
                          Well there you are... :l

I hope you get everything sorted m'dear. Life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it? Don't be gone too long... XXX

Comment

JackieClaire;1548757 wrote: Humph not a Jackie or a Zens in sight..............:sulk:

Might sound odd but try shouting names round the house and pick the one you feel comfortable with.

Oh and keep the windows shut. The pup's too young to visit you in the home for the bewildered.
                            :H:H:H

Is anyone else's MWO like treacle? I may have to give in and go back to sleep at this point.

Yer wan indoors is up now too. Feck... think I'll go next door and wake Cheryl up!

Comment

Morning molly Hope you're ok :l

She's going to get a crate to help with the training too spidey. She's got to be very well trained cos it's only a small house and things will be very difficult if she's running amok.

Comment

Zenstyle;1548766 wrote: :H:H:H

Is anyone else's MWO like treacle? I may have to give in and go back to sleep at this point.

Yer wan indoors is up now too. Feck... think I'll go next door and wake Cheryl up!
                                Yes but my internet is very intermittent, supposed to have fibre optic but it doesn't wifi well.
                                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                                X