Army Thread Thursday 29th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1549828 wrote: :wavin: Hiya YouKayBee! How's things with yourself today?
    Things are ok but I keep getting that I'm going to crack up feeling, but that's normal for me.

Got car insurance quote and for 2nd year running it's 'normal'.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Yo brats.

Molls hope you got the wind in yer hair (and not Joe's wind) as ya VVVVVRRRROOOooooooommmmm across dem oirish roads

Amy - Reccie, a lovely name. Really looking forward to officially meeting here. Promise I wont jump up and down in excitement and frighten the pup. Hmmmm... better tell Amy that being a gecko is not an excuse to either a) chase me round the garden b) eat me c) call me a frog.

Satzuma!! How the devil are you? That Mr S got all jumpy with the sun out again?! SUN? BEER! GARDEN! OUTSIDE! NOW! Ah, but sometimes it's just nice to enjoy the sun for what it is... and what it does... it's a groovy ball of fire.

1.5 days to go at work (have to pop in Saturday to say tata to the kids/hand over to their new teach)

And 3 job interviews lined up next week :thumbs: Wed, Thurs and Fri (it;s the friday one i want)

Comment

Yo Satz and D'Arsey! :waving: I'm hoping Amy won't chase you Arsey... that could prove to be problematic!

Had to go and take a phone call and now have to go and MAKE a phone call. It's one of those days today, when things are just getting away from me... feeling totally disorganized.

UK... I think we all get that crack-up feeling now and then. When I start to come over a bit dodgy like that I try to distract myself with some mindless nonsense... anything except dwell on it, know what I mean? :l

Comment

RunningCourage;1549834 wrote:
          And 3 job interviews lined up next week :thumbs: Wed, Thurs and Fri (it;s the friday one i want)
          Jeeze I missed that! Tell us more balloch!

Comment

Zenstyle;1549848 wrote: Yo Satz and D'Arsey! :waving: I'm hoping Amy won't chase you Arsey... that could prove to be problematic!

Had to go and take a phone call and now have to go and MAKE a phone call. It's one of those days today, when things are just getting away from me... feeling totally disorganized.

UK... I think we all get that crack-up feeling now and then. When I start to come over a bit dodgy like that I try to distract myself with some mindless nonsense... anything except dwell on it, know what I mean? :l
            Sometimes I wonder which side of the drop-in I should be on, but I think that's a good thing?

Depression is in my family on one side, but so is determination on the other. Good job I have both!

Amy is lovely and different too. She's going to be loved by the Army.

I felt sad for Amy Winehouse and am convinced the media only made her worse.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

:goodjob: on already having interviews lined up, D'Arsey!

Portuguese chicken pieces, potato wedges, braised sweet potato, garlic mushrooms and broccoli for dinner. Nothing for afters, though :upset:

How was the day out Molls?

:wavin: the rest of youse
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mollyka;1549850 wrote: Evenin! Must go read back! Back in a few
                you STILL reading? :H

Zenstyle;1549849 wrote: Jeeze I missed that! Tell us more balloch!
                One on Wednesday - up Aberdeen way... i lived there for years... thought I'd got away so not sure about if i really wanna go back. It's a similar post to what I have, P/T, so would need something else... but it would be work.

One on Thursday is in Edinburgh - working for Young Carers, developing relationships with schools... Bit too much like desk work methinks... but still, money and it's maternity cover do not forever

One on Friday is for a small org - agency for Youth Theatre in Scotland - that I know well - it's a 7month secondment cover. Right now this is the one I'd like.

tiptronic_ct;1549857 wrote:
                :goodjob: on already having interviews lined up, D'Arsey!

Portuguese chicken pieces, potato wedges, braised sweet potato, garlic mushrooms and broccoli for dinner. Nothing for afters, though :upset:

How was the day out Molls?

:wavin: the rest of youse
                Mr T: Desert:

Comment

Sorry Molls - you back already!! Ye must've been typing when i posted!

Comment

Dear Sweetpeapantaloonytoons,

Where the feck are ye?

Love from

F. F. D'Arsey

Comment

mollyka;1549865 wrote: Are we missing Tweety? Feck it - haven't been round enuff myself to know who's here or not !
                      Third job sounds pretty much ideal alright Arsey - sure go flat out for them all and then take your pick mebbe??
                      Maybe she was here like only 48 hrs ago... but just shouting out. Knowing her she'll be uber busy with responsibilities and stuff.

Yup.. that's the plan... though I am hoping that IF i get one, i can at least get a week off!

Comment

How come everyone calls at once? Un-effing-real.

Mollers! I'm wanting to go for a spin on a bike! My ex husband had a couple of motorbikes and I love getting the cobwebs blown away like that...

Arsey... it's great that you have three interviews. Good work our boy! :goodjob: Is the one you want only for 7 months or am I reading it wrong? (The "reading it wrong" thing has been known to happen!) :H

The hole in my bedroom wall is driving me nuts today. How can it be THIS difficult to do FFS? It's fuckin DOORS! Gah... I'm getting pissed off now, will do it myself at this bloody rate. (

Comment

Ukblonde;1549852 wrote:
                          Depression is in my family on one side, but so is determination on the other. Good job I have both!
                          I've been ruminating on the "chicken and the egg" theory in regards to depression/stress/emotional upheaval/life factors -v- *just* being an alkie. I'm not sure where one set of issues ends and the other begins. I reckon it's not as simple as just being an addict... and maybe it's not about one thing setting the other off... maybe it's just about it being a total Catch 22 with the "issues" and the "boozing"... they feed off each other.

Comment

General wavings, yoooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooos and good evenings.

for D'Araey and his 3 interviews.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm so excited I'z bursting.

Gawd we're only away a couple of days but I'm doing the thing I love best. Writing lists.

Oooooh and get this we're buying our very own 15litre water carrier. We usually borrow me brothers......................how pawsh are we.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1549869 wrote:

Arsey... it's great that you have three interviews. Good work our boy! :goodjob: Is the one you want only for 7 months or am I reading it wrong? (The "reading it wrong" thing has been known to happen!) :H
                                You read right my zen! It is only 7 months... but that's fine for now. I have other plans playing out in my head. It might mean 6 months next year being a bit :egad: but why worry about that now? One step at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X