THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Louise, Thank you very much, letting go is something I'm slow to do /learn. My garden has a few weeds. But at least I'm not mowing hay. I love you ,but one thing I have to ask do You take that thing off your head to sleep? Or is it permanetly attached?

have a great day!
    Mary

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Well Done Louise, Love ya lots sending you a vitual hug xx
      Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Louise,

That was lovely, thanks once again for sharing your wonderful way with words with us ..... You are an inspiration to us all ....

Love & Hugs :h :l :h :l
        sigpicXXX

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Wow, thank you all for your kind and lovely words, I love you all so much....

The gardening metaphor came to me as I was looking out at my garden, all the bushes and trees are busy preening themselves in their new party frocks, the new plants are pushing themselves up through the ground, all in all its a new begining for everything....

Also, gardening is something which can't be rushed, once the seeds and bulbs have been planted you just have to have patience, nothing happens overnight... Its just the same with giving up drinking, there is no magic pill which promises instant success, as we all well know, its little steps which then add up to giant strides after a period of time....

So for those of you who say you have a garden full of weeds or just a bare patch of ground, don't give up, persevere, keep on with those little steps, the harvest is well worth it...

NJSailor, you asked me what my resolve was to stop drinking.. I wish I knew then I could share it with all of you.. The only thing I can think of is that on the 29th Sept I bought 3 bottles of wine from the supermarket, intending them to last me for 3 days.. Well when I woke up the next morning on the 30th there was less then half a bottle left... I remember finishing the first one and opening the second, but after that everything is a blank...

I realised I had come to one of those forks in the road, I had a choice, I had been here before, many times, and always choose to try and cut down my drinking, despite the fact that I never could... I think I was honest with myself for the first time ever about it all and I said to myself, I am an alcoholic, and its all or nothing when it comes to drink, so, from now on its going to be nothing... Of course it hasn't been nothing, giving up drinking has enriched my life more than I thought possible... Also I haven't had to do it all on my own, I have all the wonderful supportive people here, RJ's book and the supplements, meditation, oh and a hundred and one things to distract me

As I said in a post a few months ago, I'm almost glad I have this problem with alcohol, because if I was a " normal drinker " would I now be enjoying my life to the full, looking forward to each and every day, or would I be seeing each day as just another boring and mundane time to get through??

And Simeybear, If you really want to know, yes I do take the green helmet off at the end of the day.. I have attached a picture of me in my night attire, see, I'm human after all!!!

Love to you all,

Louise :h Attached files [img]/converted_files/226312=928-attachment.jpg[/img]
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Having just read your post Louise, I am thinking that i am making a mistake in moderating. I might be kidding myself that i can do that. It particuarly struck me when you said while you were drinking you used to pick at old scars to keep the past memories alive. That is exactly what i do. Its like i want to re-live some awful memories and feel bad again. Its like i want to punish myself for some reason.

You are just so strong and I really admire you. Keep planning and preparing. If your post wasn't an inspiration, I don't know what is. I still have quite a long way to go. Thankyou. Bella xx

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

I know I first thought I would moderate but as the first month went by something came over me and I knew I needed to continue abstaining. And now I really know I can never go back to even drinking a little bit of beer. Sad but true. Like you guys say.....its like a weed, and it spreads quickly. Its so hard to sterilize the ground and we have to be so picky what we allow back in to grow. It could be bad and take over again.

ooohhh scary thought!
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Thank you Louise...and I'm so very happy for you....A big thanks to RJ too for taking the time, energy and determination to have this site and program here for others....Just Louise's success is worth it yet there are so many others too.

thanks for sharing what you learned about letting go of the things that can destroy us if we don't....i still have quite a few of those to let go...

But you know Louise I can't help but think that those Green helmets have some kind of magic power... how about making and selling those...we all need some magic

Congratulations!!!
                Control the Mind

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

You take my breath away.
                  Anemone

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

you are always there for whoever needs it especially me just wish i was doing as well as yourself ,a big massive welldone to you,you are such an insperation

love maryt

Comment

THE LAST SIX MONTHS.

Thanks Louise and congratulations on this wonderful achievement - you deserve it - you are such an inspiration to us all each day!
                      Love always
                      Jen
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                      X