Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Hi everyone,

I've been off line whilst in the bush for Easter. Being in the bush taking photographs settled my mind a lot and did me good. Having arrived at the safari camp we were staying at 2 close friends arrived to celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary. The whole thing was a surprise (had no idea they had booked to stay at the same place) and we spent one day fooling around in the pool ending the day with sun-downers on Sunset hill, well into the dark.

I had decided a while back that I would try moderation drinking during this trip but the real test came having close friends who drank a lot and the fact that we were celebrating my friend's 1st anniversary obviously was a temptation to go over board! WELL I DIDN'T. I paced myself and drank lots of water and for the first time was very concious that I couldn't let myself down and all my efforts during abstantence. In a way I was quite scared about trusting myself and making a fool of myself and I think this played a big role in keeping me within limits! I felt myself questioning my motives and whether I had infact let myself down drinking at all but because I stayed in control I felt relatively secure though inwardly scared. I don't trust myself yet.... and won't for a long time, if ever. I did go to bed leaving a drink unfinished and I smiled inwardly about that. A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Anyways now back to work I will revert back to not drinking and keep alcohol at bay except for special occassions. I don't think I'm tricking myself back into boozing though I'm well aware how conniving alcohol has been in my life and knowing how much better everything has been since starting MWO I've got to stay focussed and with this program. I missed this site and all of you that I have got to know here whilst away. All of you are my crutch and the suport I need. New week, new beginnings and I pray I can keep this additude to booze up.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Isn't it a GREAT feeling? Hang onto that thought, Elizabeth.

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Good for you... the first step is done...:happy:
      Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Elizabeth, well done... I think you are on your way, you seem to have the right mindset now for dealing with this.... That safari holiday was certainly a test which you passed with flying colours... :goodjob:

Take care, Louise xx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

That's brilliant - keep it up!!

Chasy
          xx
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Right on Sister. it feels great doesn't it. I passed an Easter where i didnt have a gulllet full of Mimosas, Alize, and vodka drinksand Pinot Grigio wow!!!! I think it is the first time in 11 years(i was pregnant with daughter that year). Keep up the great work! Slightly jealous of your excursion to the bush though, still cold and snowy in NE USA.Carry On!!!!!! Rudemama

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Elizabeth, that is so good!!!!! Isn't it the best feeling to know you walked away from what was remaining in that glass rather than drink it. I did the same last nite I was tempted to overdrink poured it and let it set on the night table. Looked at this morning and thought I won. YOU WON. You are incredibly strong and I know you can do this. You are growing my dear.
              Love You
              Mar

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Good job!
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Good on ya, Elizabeth, really. For us as your fellow fighters that means a lot! Well done!
                  Paddy
                  Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Elizabeth, Well Done ....:goodjob: It does feel good doesn't it .....

I did the same over easter, I have drank every day over the weekend, but no where near what I was drinking last year, but I was really tired last night and went to bed early, even left a glass of wine in the bottle which is the first time for years ....

Felt so good looking at it this morning :H :H
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Thanks guys. I could'nt do it WITHOUT YOU.:l :h :thanks:
                      Ps Blah Mood sign only reflects my totally unproductive f...ed up day in the office getting no where! We need a FRUSTRATED MOOD SIGN HERE!!!!
                      A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Good for you E! You keep up the great work! I too am trying moderation, got to try everything once eh? I'm fed up of abstinence and want to try and be like other people. 1 or 2 glasses with a meal when i'm out? It worked well while i was away with family. Being home alone is a challenge though. Bella xx

Comment

A FIRST FOR ME IN YEARS!

Awesome job Elizabeth!! Sounds like you have this down!!

Bella, just don't have it at home if that is the challenge this moment. Try it when out with friends. I still have to do that I think with my favorite as I can really have a hard time hearing it call me. Why have that torture?!

Comment

Working...
                          X