Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring a ding ding. Get your Undies on for Spring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass Half Empty;1557883 wrote: Well your wish has come true. We have one that will be telling us what to think for the next few years at least, so we can all lie back and think of the ironing.
    I must seek Mrs Abbott's best advice on the laying of tables....Clearly that's the only thing I'll be laying for the remainder of this term.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1557886 wrote: I must seek Mrs Abbott's best advice on the laying of tables....Clearly that's the only thing I'll be laying for the remainder of this term.
      I just read that and thought you were talking about the school term and I thought 'well that's not so bad', seeing as our holidays start on Monday. :H
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Now ladies, Mr G is late home from work. However we will not vex him with questions when he arrives, but have his favourite meal ready to serve, a ribbon in our hair and speak in low soothing tones.
        For he is a man....
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Even if he stays out all night, because that's nothing compared to the day he's been through
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

yeah, but who is going to offer to help him to take off his shoes:eeew:
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Miss Behaving;1557899 wrote: yeah, but who is going to offer to help him to take off his shoes:eeew:

Well one of us will have to.
              He can't do it himself.
              He's the man.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1557897 wrote: Even if he stays out all night, because that's nothing compared to the day he's been through
                and we don't understand the stressful work weary world which he inhabits....
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

well I'm off to bed - sleep well undies!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi all
                    Kinda sucks having the pc in my room and the kids in the LR...I mwould much rather have it other way around...having an awful time at work this week..Mr. G, I played in one of those Christian bands once. Kinda sounded like Black Sabbath...once they found I didnt think their way they gave me the boot hahaha..having a nice cool morning, hope they stay that way...off to the shop soon...

Comment

Morning y'all, :H:H

Well, as a batchelor, it seems i just might have someone to happily take off my shoes and do the ironing. I have had a ripper long convo with a sheila from over yonder. Not Lolita but, although i did have a great convo with her this morning. This new chick is looking ace. But we'll see how it pans out of course. So many possibilities, so much time. It'll all come out in the Omo laden wash.

Have a corker. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

bird;1557909 wrote: Hi all
                        Kinda sucks having the pc in my room and the kids in the LR...I mwould much rather have it other way around...having an awful time at work this week..Mr. G, I played in one of those Christian bands once. Kinda sounded like Black Sabbath...once they found I didnt think their way they gave me the boot hahaha..having a nice cool morning, hope they stay that way...off to the shop soon...
                        I went for a job as a youth worker once for a christian org. They were fairly full on with a little prayer chapel set up for staff. The main man told me straight up. If you're not a christian you won't get a job with them. Crazy i reckon cause they might miss out on some good workers. lol re the band. I understand. Take it easy Bird.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Good morning all.

Crazy dreams. I dreamt my mother's blonde hair got co-mingled with dark Asian hair.

And I was in a department store and went from dept to dept grating cheese.

I do hope we hear from SK soon. I was worried about her and the long drive.

Fingers crossed for you Cinders. I am anxious also about your situation.

Not much to report but the day is still young!

Comment

morning.
                            I am not saying i want to return to the blatant sexism of the fifties but i do regret the shift from a time when one partner could stay home and be there for the kids, without the need to get a part time/full time job in order for the family to get ahead. It could be the bloke or the gal in my book, the balance tween getting ahead but not shoving little ones with daycare too much is something i didn't realize B.C.
                            AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Aspy, I dont disagree with you there ...... I think allowing kids to have time to smell the roses when they are wee (and indeed when they are a bit older) before they get fed to into the educational sausage machine makes them nicer adults.

On the other hand, I also believe that every dollar invested in early childhood education pays huge dividends. And unfortunately not every child has the advantage of having such loving and attentive parents as you and Mrs Aspy.

Bird - hope your work week improves :l

HAve been in problem solving mode for the last 24 hours and pulling myself up by the bootstraps. I had several coffees yesterday with some people about the work situation. They aren't "officialdom" so they cant give me any answers, but it was good to remember that I do have some friends here outside my immediate work environment, that I can call on for support.

And we are putting Plan C into effect for the housing situation - I think we have just been a bit unrealistic in our expectations. I went and checked a place out yesterday - one bedroom instead of two (which means we have the bonus of not being able to have people to visit :H .... although there is soom enough for Mr B's boy) and in one of those really high density type "villages". While it wasn't what we were looking for, it is really close to a train station (which Mr B needs when he is working shifts) and is light and airy and clean (I looked at so many places that were really grubby and sooooo dark and dingy. :upset We will only have a very small balcony for an outside area, but the complex has a really nice (and large) landscaped garden, so I can take my coffee out into the sun and read my Sunday paper. Anyway, the complex has six flats available at the moment, and not many people applying, so the real estate agent has advised me to attend the inspection on Saturday, where she will take prospective tenants around all six, and I'll bung in an application afterwards for the one that I like the best. She reckons that there wont be any difficulty getting one, so that will be one problem sorted. And they also have six-month leases so if things turn to custard at work I wont be stuck with rent payments and no income to pay them with!

better go and do some work - hope it is sunny weather wherever you are!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Missy, Aspy, and all to come.

Good points raised there friends.

Your positive attitude at this time Missy is shining through. Gleaming, glistening, glowing i say. It is a winning attitude where positive outcomes magnetise, i say magnetise. Sunny aspect sounds the go. All the best with it.

Me new website has had to take a back seat whilst i have been dealing with work issues, but now that that's put to rest, i can git on with it. My website builder has just resigned from his job too, so he's been busy tying up loose ends there. BUT, after a convo last night, we should be up and live this weekend.

Have a pearler y'all.

Comment

Working...
                                X