Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring a ding ding. Get your Undies on for Spring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebyebridgetjones;1559515 wrote: Have had a frightful afternoon Undies.
    Car broke down, had to get a lift to the cinema. Saw 'Blue Jasmine' which was bloody excellent IMO. Then had to get a taxi home which I haven't (had to) do in I don't know how long. Unfortunately encountered a rather odd driver who wanted to have a 20-30 min conversation about diabetes and his Lebanese mother which I found quite irregular....aren't they supposed to be jetting off to their next job?
    The boy was in a God awful mood because his dinner wasn't constructed on time.
    Anyway, I think I'll just bugger off to bed at this conjuncture....
    You take care young lady. Any serious issues with cabbies or wayward musicians/regen stalkers/local organic farmers/vegan/meat eating bikers, i will be there in a flash to support you to sort it out (not that you need it).

Miss Behaving;1559533 wrote:
    Thanks to you all:h:h

D day for mr b's arrival is the 6th - boy arrives for the week then as well. Boy is almost as excited as I am . I've got the week off so we will have a nice week - manly jazz festival, boats in the harbour, yum cha and long walks
    Yay!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Undies,

Wow, Mr.G - you were a late boy last night. Innernashnl skyping? ***nudge nudge***

Missy - I'm so happy that MrB will be with you soon and a week off in Sydney will be wonderful for the three of you. Such a pretty, sparkly city with all that water. Hope it's good news re the apartment today.

Everybody - have a ripper week. I intend to do something 'special' every day, no matter how little or big. Just something out of the ordinary.

Comment

I was going to ask you whether you are still sleeping in late, but I guess I got my answer!!

And in other news, Team NZ did not secure the Americas Cup this morning :upset: Tomorrow maybe??
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

morning all, about to zoom off to work.

Tawny that sounds like a lovely idea, make sure to keep us posted.

Good luck today Miss B.

G - I thought this time off work was supposed to be for study purposes - you're not going to let your global harem sidetrack you are you? :H

happy day everyone!
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

That sounds like a lovely idea Froglette.
            I am right up for that.

It's lovely day here, but I am going to just ease into it.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Howdy Ho My Undie Lovelies,

Happy Monday!

I'm totally crossed Missy.

Salute to Mr G.

Hope you had a fab time with your friends Cori. Girlfriends rule the world IMHO.

Good idea Tawny. Oscar wonders if he can come and participate. He has gas from a big bone he consumed yesterday, so think about you answer.

Happs - I'm practicing the yoga posi of standing with one leg hooked up to the other. You know left foot placed inside right thigh. I'm getting better each day. I want to be bendy like you!

Glassy - every minute AF is a good one. Not matter if they are put together or not. You do what you suits you!

Man, this weather is just p.e.r.f.e.c.t.

It was nice to see Techie pop in.

Yanker is back today. Gave me a beautiful bright pink pashmina, so all is forgiven for now.

Bridge - hope the easing is pleasing.

Had a fabulous time at the party. An evening filled with stories, realisations, familiar faces from long ago and lovely memories shared. Noice! And, gluten free sponge cake, cream and strawberries. Life could NOT be betterer.

I'll check in later. I'm also feeling very blessed to be able to enjoy your company - and I DO.

MWAH, Nicey.
              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
              Mother Theresa

Comment

I'm up for something special every day too. Ripping idea. Just getting through a few mad days of work then we're off on our holiday this week. Just a bit excited...

Comment

X post Nicey...Garudasana, I'm very impressed

oops, Vrksasana - you're a tree not an eagle

Comment

Yey Happs - sorry but I can't recall where you are off to. No matter where - have a blast!!!!
                    Mother Theresa

Comment

Postcode 2145 Nicey. VERY exotic...

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1559091 wrote: Sorry to hear that Rags, why doesn't she want to take sick leave?

Hi Glassy,
                        It is work related stress, therefore I would have thought it would be a workers comp issue.

Comment

myhappyplace;1559723 wrote: Postcode 2145 Nicey. VERY exotic...
                          Fab postcode! The command post is at postcode 2145. It is indeed exotic..... I reside at postcode 2147.
                          Mother Theresa

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1559515 wrote:

Then had to get a taxi home which I haven't (had to) do in I don't know how long. ....
                            Did you have enough gold bullion to pay for it?
                            I had to pick up the Getz (the kangaroo hit) from the panel beater last week, so caught the 2:53 bus to town then as it was raining heavily got a taxi rather than walk the remaining 1 1/2 km. Cost a whopping $8.70. I reckon that is pretty outrageous.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1559114 wrote: I just lost a long post.

I defamed Mr Abbott in it. Do you think that is why?Yes.

Miss Behaving;1559124 wrote: I was. a bit afraid that that might be the case. It was a bit feminist and rebellious. If I go back to watching Happy Feet can I stay in the country?
                              Read Haps and Glassy's responses.

Miss Behaving;1559517 wrote:
                              Undies please keep your fingers crossed over night that we get the first preference on the apartments that I've applied for - should know tomorrow
                              Let us know as soon as you find out. Fingers crossed for you.

Miss Behaving;1559533 wrote:
                              Thanks to you all:h:h

D day for mr b's arrival is the 6th - boy arrives for the week then as well. Boy is almost as excited as I am . I've got the week off so we will have a nice week - manly jazz festival, boats in the harbour, yum cha and long walks
                              October 6-11 is the Navy review which the boy might enjoy, and October is Sydney Good Food Month.... lots of stalls in Hyde Park, lots of restaurant specials, and if you have any change left over from the taxi, you can get a ticket to see Heston.

Mr Rags and I are busy all Oct so won't be able to get to Sinny for enny iv it.

myhappyplace;1559717 wrote:
                              I'm up for something special every day too. Ripping idea. Just getting through a few mad days of work then we're off on our holiday this week. Just a bit excited...
                              Happs, you'll have a lovely time. Did you manage to get any balls to take with you?

Comment

Is that a beaut bum or what!
                                Showing ladies how to operate our pump.... we had it attached to the tanker with 2 hoses... the ladies loved that they were actually able to start and operate it... without men taking over and telling them how to do it.... which is why we run the women' s awareness programme. One lady was really surprised that women actually fight fires. She thought we stayed behind and made sandwiches.

Tawn, if you're interested, that pump was less than $300! Bargain. You can draught as well, but it doesn't have a non return valve on the draught line (they are about $60).
                                It has 2 hose outlets and comes with 15 metres of hose. We attached extra hoses. At full throttle you can get about 15 metres of water jet. We use it for watering sometimes.

Muffy was there as well. She got a bit muddled up when I said we'd be playing with water so she wore her lifejacket.

Putting out spot fires with whatever is available.

Who farted?

It was a hugely successful day. Ladies went away with a lot more knowledge and confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X