Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring a ding ding. Get your Undies on for Spring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great news Missy. Can I uncross now? I haven't been to the bathroom for two days!

What a contented looking pusscat!

Happs - technology drives me batty. good luck.
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Pretty good ay girls? office has just moved into that room and had a complete purge on the way. It won't be long before it looks 'creative' again.

I think only the provider can unlock you Happs. And only if they feel like it.:H

I think Wilson is keeping guard duty on the electric fence.

Great news about the unit Missy. How long so you think you'll be here? I suppose that would be the decider with the cats, would it?
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1560338 wrote: That's great news Missy. Can I uncross now? I haven't been to the bathroom for two days!

What a contented looking pusscat!

Happs - technology drives me batty. good luck.
        definitely glassy :H:H

We are signing a six month lease. That was the owners preference (I guess they wantto make sure that we aren't irresponsible types - the application form asked for our parent's address :H:H) but it suits us well as hopefully in 6 months time things will be a bit clearer with my work situation and we'll know whether Mr B has been able to get work or not. If all is going well we will hopefuly be able to roll it over - if not we'll either buy a bus and tour Australia or tuck our tail between our legs and see if Betty and Wookie will welcome us home
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Missy, you must feel like you're a pair of students...bring out the bong and the wild music I say...

Bridge, I'm following an Optus link to unlock this f%#%@r - it better bloody work...

Comment

You know Happy, I've been thinking that myself over the last year or so and it is very liberating!! Mr B had his first kid at the age of 20 and has never lived outside NZ. I was pretty transient and travelled the world from my mid-20s to mid-30s, but I've been pretty settled since then. So this whole thing is a bit of an adventure for us and a chance to see some more of Australia and the world from a Sydney base. It is definitely pushng us out of our comfort zone anyway!! We've downsized, got rid of lots of "stuff", dealt with a lot of embuggerances and baggage from both of our pasts, and now want to move forward as a couple of ageing hippies :H Mr B in particular is very much looking forward to kicking off the shackles of being a responsible home-owning tax-paying citizen - one of the issues that we had about finidng a house is that while I'm still reasonably happy with suburban life, he wants to rediscover new music, new coffee bars and a new self! (And his father lived until he was 92, so he figures he has a few more years to do it in!!)

I just like being able to wear singlets in September and go swimming outside in the afternoons!

But one of the things that I've been interested in is that over the time that we have been shifting ourselves across the Tasman, lots of my other friends have been doing something similar - they all in their 50s and have either never had kids or have recently had their youngest leave home. One friend has shifted herself and her new partner back to Dublin where she was born (but grew up in NZ); another decided to live in Paris for a year (just because it was something that she had always wanted to do!!) having got all her kids through University; and another threw in her job as a senior nursing person to go and do aid work in the Solomons. I think its about being at an age where you think "well, is I dont do that thing that I've always been wantng to do now, I'l never get to do it".

I was thinking about it too when we had that discussion about places we wanted to go and several people mentioned Nepal. I went to Nepal - to the Annapurnas and the Himalayas - in 2001. I'm so glad I did - a few more years or procrastnation and my arthritis would have prevented me from doing the walks that I did (or at least made them more painful!!)

I've had a somewhat contemplative afternoon and have got absolutely no work done with organising stuff about the shift .....
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

myhappyplace;1559785 wrote:
              1 Nice pics Rags btw.
              2And no, no balls. Customs could think I was chucking a Schapelle...1 Thanks Happs,
              2 :H

Glass Half Empty;1559812 wrote: Thanks for the photos Rags
              Stunning macro photography!
              No worries Glassy. All done with my point and shoot PowerShot ZX40.

Guitarista;1560127 wrote:
              Morning roo's,

A recent study shows.....'people with messy desks are more creative' Yes!

Have a pearler out there y'all.
              This is almost too embarrassing to post but it beats Tawny hands down.

In glorious panorama I present.... my study.

Comment

Guitarista;1559879 wrote: Here's a free 2 week meditation course coming up with our mate Chops.

http://www.mentorschannel.com/WildDi...Blast_23_09_13
                Hey Mr G.
                Reckon you can post that again closer to the date? You've seen what a mess my study is.... the reminder note will just disappear into the general mess.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1560331 wrote: and the books on the to of the printer aren't lined up evenly and symmetrically :H

Tawny - I love the back view of contended cats contemplating the outside world from their inner sanctum!

Big news - thanks to all your crossed bits, the application we put in for the apartment was approved. So we now have an address! I'm now motoring through the list of things that need to be done - pay deposit, pay bond (organise overdraft because I didn't have enough money to pay bond), hire washing machine and fridge, organise movers, try to remember what we brought with us ........

Where's Saffy gone to? Disppeared again??
                  The other part of me does actually clean up and get almost anal lining things up, but this seldom happens.

Want a hand moving stuff? I can bring up the ute. As long as we don't scratch it (inside joke).

I must go and take a peek at Mr Rags' study with my camera. Back in a tick.

Comment

Mr Rags' study.

I think the Rags' win.

So why aren't I more creative?

Comment

Hope Bendigo Gold gives a better return than IMB

Comment

I'd win if I could figure how to post a pic.....
                        It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                        Mother Theresa

Comment

Jeepers Rags

I just saw those photos and thought you'd been burgled!
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

nicelife;1560387 wrote: I'd win if I could figure how to post a pic.....
                            Apply yourself, woman. Apply. Go to fuskinphotobucket like the rest of us do ...

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1560388 wrote: Jeepers Rags

I just saw those photos and thought you'd been burgled!
                              That's why we keep them like that. No self respecting burglar would want to sift through the mess looking for the valuables. :H

Wait till I do my October clean up. It'll look a bit better I hope.

Comment

Hey Nicey,
                                Have you actually signed up to Photobucket?
                                If so it should be reasonably easy for you to upload.
                                I'll Pee Emm you.

Comment

Working...
                                X