Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring a ding ding. Get your Undies on for Spring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge - I believe things will take care of themselves. In their own time. She'll know when she wants to go. And the concept of the 'Last Supper' is not new.

Comment

Umm...another chook dilemma...April is sitting on her nest...shes gathered all of the other chookies eggs and is attacking us if we step in...not eating either...what's the go here? I've never had one of these types before, she's got me flummoxed...I love that word...f.l.u.m.m.o.x.e.d....

ps..think that TF is right and waiting is the way to let it be Bridge...

Comment

OK Happs - from what I've gleaned ... April needs to go in the 'sin bin' for a while. Solitary confinement until she gets that broody 'they're mine, they're mine' thingy out of her head. Not much point in sittin' on unfertalised eggs, is there ...

Cheeses, who am I to talk ... LOFL

Comment

Geez, you're right....Mrs Google turns up stuff on "how to break a broody hen" ffs...that's a bit harsh...

The Lamp just got her off - gently, as he is after all a very gentle person - and uncovered seven eggs...

Comment

myhappyplace;1552263 wrote:
            The Lamp just got her off - gently, as he is after all a very gentle person - and uncovered seven eggs...
            ... which he will take to fry up on your camping trip. Gorgeous man, he is.

Comment

I'm thinking we can add "boning knife mishap" to Techie's database.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1552150 wrote:

Missy - do you throb your new abode?
                I do Tawny, but I'm going to have to give my hopes over to the Universe .... talked to the Real Estate agent today, and the owner has just bought it a an investment and is keen to get tenants in as quickly as he can. I have five more weeks left on my lease and cant afford to pay double rent for all that time. Two weeks I think we could manage, but we also have to consider paying bonds on getting utilities connected etcetc. Bloody expensive this shifting business!!

Bridge - I'd been warned about how competitive the Sydney property market is! Most of the city we couldn't afford to rent a shoe box in, but we have picked out acouple of suburbs that suit us and are in our price range, so we are just looking there. There ar quite a few places on the market, but a lot of them fall into the "grotty student flat" category. I dont mind small, but I must have clean!!

Does anyone have a butcher that comes in the female variety? And what does she call herself?? I was thinking about it because of the vegetarian butcher that has just opened up along the road from me that I mentioned a few weeks back:

Suzy Spoon the Vegetarian Butcher - Food & Drink - Broadsheet Sydney
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

We just lock our broody B's out of the nesting box for a couple of days until they snap out of it Happs.
                  As it happens the one that is just about to pop her clogs is the broody one.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Had postus interuptus....off with all of the family for our jabs....doctor is a gem, he has 4 boys and is so down to earth...so he didn't blink an eye when the punch-a-thon started after the jabs...this was after the lecture before we get in the car...hmmm...

I think I'll look at locking up my little chooker tomorrow...will see what she's up to...so cute when she's all nested up...funny little things aren't they?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1552264 wrote: ... which he will take to fry up on your camping trip. Gorgeous man, he is.
                      Bloody hope not...I'm a princess, did you not remember?

blondie;1552269 wrote:
                      I'm thinking we can add "boning knife mishap" to Techie's database.
                      :H Its a bit of a worry isn't it?

Comment

Trying very hard to keep up and join in but gee working makes me exhausted these days, so this is the best I can do for tonight, sorry.

Good luck with the chookie dilemmas.

And the car problems

and accommodation issues

and surprise weekend plans

and going through tough times. :h

And tomorrow is a new diem, so let's all carpe the **** crap out of it!

There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1552317 wrote: Trying very hard to keep up and join in but gee working makes me exhausted these days, so this is the best I can do for tonight, sorry.

Good luck with the chookie dilemmas.

And the car problems

and accommodation issues

and surprise weekend plans

and going through tough times. :h

And tomorrow is a new diem, so let's all carpe the **** crap out of it!

No no no no noooo.....

Now look young lady. It seems you've forgot about me. MOI! I've got the day off tomorrow, but that's not all. I'm fielding yer online fanfare from the 4 corners, i say the 4 corners of the globe, and often at the same time! Sheesh! What's an innocent single bloke to do? I've got yer skype, yer tumblir, KTABS facebook page to maintain, yer u tube, yer rotorua rooter page...Look, to tell yis the truth, it's non-stop. What's the point of this post? maybe self reflection!

Noight all. Pizza in the fridge. Just warm it up.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

haha your post Mr.G...heres one of our chookies from long ago. She would go to sleep if you rubbed her belly..I know it looks like shes dead, but just sleeping

Comment

I love that pic Bird. Its made my day.

Comment

Morning all.
                                Was hooning around the streets last night doing 10pm pick ups for he who has a social life and thinking how lovely the streetscape can be of a night. The churches all up-lit and a nice moon. Whole other world actually.
                                Was always too pissed to look up when out of a night.

I'm too scared to look but I think my sick girl might have gone last night. She didn't turn up for breakfast and that's unheard of.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X