• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2013

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Welcome to our Septemberthread a few hours early. :welcome: We are having a heat wave here. No air conditioning - so going to turn this off & lay in front of the fan. :H:H

I'm feeling better finally. Ready to get back to it all. Glad to have you all here with me. :l
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora and I'm back on day one but hopefully it will be the last. The 7 days AL were great and god knows why i decided to have A wine which ended up in a BOTTLE. oh well up and onwards. Its hot here too for spring and enjoying it as it has been a cold winter in Melbourne.

good luck
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I was reading the August one step at a time. I enjoyed how friendly everyone seems with one another. Perhaps I will now keep checking in for September. Not looking forward to the end of summer!

Comment

Hi all

Nora - I'm so glad to hear you're sounding better. You've really been through a rough time so keep being gentle to yourself. (Mama - take that boot out, right now! :H)

Hi available and Lizann - welcome and I'm so glad you're joining us.

Mama, K9, JDG, Pauly, Kradle :l and let's make this a really great September.

:h:h
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Welcome to Available & Lizann!!!! So happy to have you join us. :l:l

I slept for a bit but woke up sweating again. :upset: I'm about to try again.

Glass - every single time I read your signature, it gives me a boost. 'You can dig the ventilation or you can sing the blues'
            That is seriously how I am trying to live my life now. I know that I haven't been looking at the Glass Half Full for the past 6 months. But - that is how I truly feel. So, I'm ready to get back to it. Thank you for being such an important part of this for me. :l

Ok everyone - onwards & upwards. One step at a time. Take a step today. :goodjob:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello dear ones!

Checking in here. Nothing especially positive to report, but I had a need to say hello.

Have a fantastic September everyone. I don't know about the rest you, but I'm glad fall's around the corner.

Love and hugs,

JXOXO
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi everyone

Well other than feeling bad for drinking i am feeling positive after day 1. I dont really want to do anymore of those but we know the pull of AL.

Nice to see you again Juja you were on here when i started a year ago, nice to see old friends still trying.

Thanks for the welcome Nora and Glass its a nice place to be in the nest with all the support.

My bedtime, another busy day with my two girls. Picking up eldests wedding dress tomorrow so that will be exciting.

Have a great day/night.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I would really like to do this one step at a time. I've been at day one a hundred million times it seems. I still have a difficult time saying I'll never drink again but I also haven't had more than 2 months af at a time. So I hope that if I move along slowly but surely, and work on trying to change my way of thinking and how I deal with uncomfortableness, I will realize that I don't want it in my life. And I'll be strong with my decision.

Comment

Good morning everyone. :ranger

Nora when I opened this thread I was looking for 'last' page which of course isn't there as this is the FIRST! Well the Summer has gone and I'm mixed as to it's passing but...

You have been such an inspiration to me Nora. Truly. :l

Jura so glad to see you, :h Love that you check in regardless, I need to do more of this,..

Hugs to everyone...the girls just stumbled out find bed so I better hop to!

Happy first day go Sept !!
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hi Lifechange. So happy to have you here with us. :welcome:

Juja - glad that you checked in. I've been thinking about you so much. :h

Kradle - you are so sweet. You are a special person. :h

I'm having a lazy morning. Hubby is not feeling well. Hasn't been feeling well for weeks. That's why he didn't go to the Memorial last weekend. Anyway, it's hard sometimes. Trying to deal with his mood. Oh well - enough complaining.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day (or night - depending on where you are). I wanted to go to a great Vegan restaurant but don't think that Scott will feel up to it today. Maybe tomorrow.

Think I'll go read some more before I head to the gym. :wavin:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just checking in on this Sunday afternoon. Trying to be positive but I've definitely had a few obstacles today. My first inclination would have been to reach for the bottle, but there are none in the house and frankly I just don't have the desire right now anyway. My hubby is facing some health issues presently and decided this morning he will consult with his doctor this week. This is causing me much anxiety as he his such a healthy strong man. I need to be here for him now but I'm scarred to death. We also found out that my "aunt" who is 95 is in liver failure and certainly is very near the end. She is in hospice. I have always said I want to grow up to be like her, such an amazing woman. So I am very sad right now. We are planning a picnic with the family this evening reminiencent of our recent trip to Paris. Baguettes, Brie, French wine (for me cranberry juice) and pics of th Eiffel Tower. Trying to keep my chin up and stay sober. Would appreciate some prayers right now. Thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

Prayers are definitely being sent your way. It is so hard to cope with the health issues. Plus, knowing that you are going to lose a loved one. I'm glad that you are planning a family picnic. That does help. We had a Memorial for my cousin last weekend and it felt so good to be with family. :h
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hey my peeps,havent been on in a bit,been moping and yes drinking,too much mental stress right now,and yes the drinking only makes it worse,just feel like crud,yes sept will be better,it has to be,this needs to be done! just mother in law not gonna make it,money probs,dang everything!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh Pauly - I am so sorry. :l:l I wish there words to comfort you. :h
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X