One Step at a Time - September 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9, in reality she broke her foot due to being way intoxicated. At first the hospital could not operate on her due to level of alcohol in her system, they had her on all sort of cleansing or what ever they give to try and bring her alcohol blood level down. This is where they discovered her fluid out was brown and upon further exam it became apparent that liver and kidneys were in shutdown mode. After a week in the hospital and when they tried to fix her foot the "simple" surgery became a whole day of rescue and 24 hrs after in ICU she slept and never woke up.
    Her significant other told me that she had been drinking heavy since loosing her older sister and best friend 2 years ago and never recovered from that loss. I had seen her a few times since then but never ever realized this had gone this far, he had tried on many occasions to get her help but to no avail.
    As I said before this had been a shocking reminder for me and the value of what I have in my hands with my own life and my child's, that if ever uncle AL or his friend Nick coma knocking I will take a deep breath and remember her.
    The rest of her family is not saying much and I am going to respect that, but I want to live and be healthy.
    Love you guys.
    FT.
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I am here
      just sad....that's all
      Dottie...PLEASE keep us posted
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Are you ok Mama??
        Thinking of you...LOVE YOU! :l

Thinking of you too Dottie :l
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

:l :h :l :h :l to everyone. That's all.
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

I am ok....I have little crying spells, but I will be fine.
            Some COOL news....
            look at Jacksonville.com...Clay is on the Home Page for sports!!
            if you flip thru the slide show I think he is #25 and then my whole family (not me) are slide #77.
            off to cook dinner and do some laundry....mundane, lose myself chores!
            thanks for all the hugs and love...

Comment

On Dottie, I'm praying for a good out come for you! I have never heard that you could throw clots with cancer. Will you keep us posted?

Mama you sound so sad! I hope you can find a little ray of sunshine today!

Pauly, my worst symptom was the shakes. I was shaking so bad I could barely feed myself. The doctor had to give me something. I never want to go there again!

On a happier note my hubby's test results for the most part were normal! Thank god, we are so relieved! Some abnormalities in his blood work, but his heart is fine!

Watching dancin with the stars tonight! I would usually fall asleep because of the al, looking forward to watching and remembering the whole thing tonight! Good night friends!

Comment

Lizann - so happy that hubby's results were good. Sorry that there are some issues but sounds like positive news.
                Amazing to watch TV and remember the next day, huh?

Mama - Great big hugs going over to you. You are just going thru such a hard time now. It's hard to watch this. :h

Glass - Great big hugs going back to you too!!! You are suKch a special person. :l

FT - "I want to live and be healthy"......what a great statement right there. Thank you for sharing your story. You have so much to live for......we all do. :l

Dottie - did you get any news today or do you have to wait for the results???? I am thinking of you.

K9 - what's up with the cravings??? Good for you for taking the pill. Goodness knows that I would have a hidden bottle here. So, all I have to do is swallow that little white pill. So far so good. You never came back to finish what you were saying? What is going on???

Pauly - I hope you had a good Monday. About the withdrawal symptoms. I'm not sure if I ever really had any. I had a hard time sleeping. But, that probably had a lot to do with my Cpap machine not working. I guess I was irritable for a few days. No - let me rephrase that, I WAS irritable for a few days. :H:thanks:

JDG - So great to see you. I'm so glad that you are staying sober. That is great! I did have to laugh at your comment about a chastity belt for boys. :H I remember feeling that way when my son was younger.

Kradle - how are you doing? I've been thinking of you!

Have a great evening/day - whereever you may be.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mama - the pic of Clay was great! I didn't see the one of your family though.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

awww Nora..thanks for looking
                    up at a sparrows fart this morning...
                    it was a quiet evening and Grant stayed with Nana and Pop. He is so good with him. I think what has hit me so hard is that two weeks ago he walking and talking...now he cant even feed himself.
                    Enough gloom and doom...today is a new day and I will embrace it and be thankful all the little things.
                    Dottie let us know about your test
                    Nora..I am glad are TTFP'ing:H
                    so good to see you JDG
                    Pauly...hang in there babe....PLEASE!!
                    I never had withdrawal....just general disgust with myself
                    Have we lost Juja?

Comment

Lizz - I am glad hubby bubby had good reports!!

Comment

mama bear;1557298 wrote: Some COOL news....
                        look at Jacksonville.com...Clay is on the Home Page for sports!!
                        if you flip thru the slide show I think he is #25 and then my whole family (not me) are slide #77.
                        Oh wow Mama - that is very cool!!! So now I know a superstar! :H

Love you all sweeties :h Have a great week!
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

hey everyone,up early here too couldnt sleep,but then again i never can,dr.gave me this stuff called vistaril for anxiety,he says im anxious not depressed duh,anyways i took one sunday at 1 and an hour later i was shaking and my heart was racing,i thought it would just make me tired,not that shit but it could have been withdrawal,ugh confusing,i looked up this med and all i could find is its an antihistamine,not much info,anyways what a relief on your hubbys tests lizann,and where is juja dangit?luv ya guys have a good one
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

never heard of vistaril Pauly
                            well...my son will soon be officially computerless, tvless, and grounded for life.
                            he is not turning in homework and all sorts of things are coming to light....

Comment

Mama - Can I join you in your sadness?

I never have had to post anything this "heavy" before (well seems that way, my antics as a drunk were all about ME, this is about Sierra :upset

So here I go friends. Last night I took Sierra out to dinner because I just know something is wrong. I just know it, even though she's been denying it forever.

She finally opened up to me. She said that she hears "voices" in her head and here's the worst part...she has been cutting herself. I never in a million years would have thought my sweet little girl was this tormented inside. I remained calm and she told me she felt like a weight was lifted.

We are going to the doctor today. I was sleepless last night, to say the least.

p.s. Doubling up on AB....no way am I drinking over this...that would not help my baby at all. In fact I hope it hasn't added to it. So sad today.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Good day to all my wonderful friends,
                                I see that we all have issues that we are dealing with and am so glad that we are here to support each other, without you I would not be where I am today.
                                Mama, GHF, K9, Pauly, Nora and all the others you are all in my thoughts and I offer you all strength thru my thoughts to you.
                                Hope you all have a good week and stay strong.
                                FT
                                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Working...
                                X