X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2013

Gosh...how do ya'll stay up till 1 am??
    I am lights out by 9 or 9:30..
    Nora..are you getting a bug?? Why are you so tired?? other than the fact that you are middle aged, have a disabled husband, work to support the family, and are an alcoholic...:H
    More Bossy Pants for me today, I am sure
    comforters, mums and pumpkins.....sound so nice.... I miss the change of seasons. In Florida it's always hot and sunny, or hot and rainy
    Sound like everyone has a good night
    Pauly...a baby in the house would be terrifying, so I feel you on that one
    OK....off to rule the universe for a few hours...
    love you all to bits
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm with you mama, ready to sleep by 9:30!

Hope you're feeling better today Nora.

I'm off again today. Everyone has gone and the house is quiet. I love my days off! ill be off in a few minutes for my run, which i hate, but i do what i gotta do. Hubby is back at the doctor for a follow up, but he's feeling better! He lost 15 pounds! He makes it look so easy.

Today is my mom and dads 59th wedding anniversary! They went to Lancaster PA for a few days to celebrate, even after ll these years. How cute are they? That's love.

Wishing you all a happy day! I'll check in later

Comment

hey everyone,yeah im im bed by 9 or 9:30 too,ive stayed up later before and it messes me up,im dreading work wednesday is the slowest day of the week,so well all just sit around b.s'ing all day,im pms'ing too (sorry fd and ft)so i see a large bag of cheetos being munched throughout the day haha,well i hope you all have a good day,ill check in later
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow, guess something must have been off in the alignment of the universe, my Tuesday was lousy too.
          Hope your Wednesday goes as quickly as it can Pauly, sitting around with nothing to do and not getting paid for it is the worst. Hope the bosses aren't too stuffy, nosy, and ask too many questions Mama.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Liz - Your parents do sound cute...they remind me of mine. Sunday was their 51st anniversary. They get on each others nerves, but they love each other very much! Or maybe they just get on MY nerves? HA Just kidding...I'm lucky to have them!

Mama I hear ya...I am in bed before 9:00 usually. I read for 45 minutes or so, but staying up past midnight? Yeah that hasn't happened in a decade. LOL We don't have change of seasons here either...nor do we even have rain! I'd love it to rain once in a while.

Well Sierra is in a BAD mood today. I'm frankly getting tired of this roller coaster. There is a young woman in our church that Sierra is very close to. I watched this girl grow up, in fact she was a flower girl in my sisters first wedding 20 years ago...so basically she is family. Anyway, turns out she has the same mental issues as Sierra does...they got to talking about it one day. So...the girl (Aimee) is coming over tonight to grub out on some pizza with us and talk to us (me, mostly) about what she's gone through so I can try to at least grasp what is going on...because I seriously am at a loss. Aimee is just a doll, I love that girl and am glad Sierra has her as an older friend (28...real old huh? lol)

I seriously hope I survive this...I'm starting to lose me marbles.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Fly by right now.....Love & hugs to all :h:h

Oh K9 - I'm so sorry. :l:l :upset:
              (Don't forget to TTFP )
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora! I am trying to be patient, but our morning drive to school is something I am starting to dread...it's just dead silence (well, nonsense on the radio that she continually flips the channels of). She says "I don't want to talk". It kind of pisses me off, which is NOT the right reaction, but that's what it is.

Comment

I SO understand you K9....don't you just want ti slap the shit out them sometimes?? Patience is SUCH a virtue for a teenager's mom.......
                  Hope Aimee is able to help
                  by the way Niner......who are you having a fling with here???? DO TELL.....
                  snarfing down a salad a re-applying lipstick for the 100th time while I wait for visitors.....I gave up on the hair...it's humid as heck here....
                  picture this...I was walking the property fence a few minutes ago and I was picking up tree limbs that had fallen, snapping them in half and tossing them over the fence...YEE HAW!!!!

Comment

Had a nice walk with the dogs...really cool here today..going to make grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup for lunch...need some comfort food..feeling tired today...maybe it is the weather change but who knows...Poor body is still healing from no AL and the blood clot thingy....I was in much better shape before this all started...not the AL part...that has been a problem for a long time so body is just mad at me I guess...but I am treating it much better now......
                    dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I didn't know I WAS having a fling Mama...but if I am...please fill me in on it...I could use some action.

I'm going to lunch with my sister in a half hour to tell her of Sierra's problems. I haven't really shared with anyone except you guys! I have been researching non-stop...schizophrenia is not what people think it is. People usually think it's when you have all these different personalities...that is called Disaccoiative Identity Disorder...think of that movie "Cybil" where she had like 17 people "in" her. Schizophrenia is more of an anxiety, depression, possibly bi-polar with some hallicinations, including voices. It's a "psychotic" illness. Gosh that sounds bad. :upset:

Comment

Another very quick fly by....

K9 - A doctor can not make a diagnosis on one visit. It would take many visits and many talks. He probably said that because that is something that he can put down on the insurance forms to put the claim thru. Also, there are very man different stages of these illnesses. I have a friend with Dissociatve Identity Disorder and I have friends that are bi-polar. They lead very normal lifes.
                        So - please don't stress out. She is young. She is being open about her problems. You are going to get her the help she needs.
                        Love you friend.........
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I love you too K9 and Nora is right....get off the internet...you will freak yourself out
                          home, tired, sober and going to bed and get ready for more fun tomorrow

Comment

Good evening buds! I am just frustrated today. So forgive me for whining. I don't know. My life feels like a waste of time at times. I want to do the right thing but sometimes I don't even know what that is. I really care about people a lot. Working hard and being a good friend. I am not going to stop doing those things in life. I wasted years drinking and being selfish. I intend on the rest sober and getting threw the ups and downs with those I love and care about. Those would be the sweet people of MWO.
                            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Hey FD - you are a wonderful person. I think we all go thru periods of wondering where we are.....are we doing what we want.....are we wasting time. But, you do matter. You were a great help to me last night. So very thoughtful. So - thank you for being my friend!! :h:h

Mama- how did it go with the uppity ups today? Do you have another day of it tomorrow?? Good luck.

Oh - dinner time.....I'll be back.....:wavin:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

So tired tonight. I'll be up at 5am for work. Ugh, busy day and I will be alone. Bought me a new pair of shoes tonight that I will wear tomorrow. I can't wait to wear them!

I agree k9 researching things on the Internet is just going to make you crazy. I agree with Nora!

FD your life is not a waste of time. I believe we are all here for a purpose. Sometimes it's just not that easy to see. You seem like such a nice person and I for one love all the nice things you say about us, your friends. Hang in there, your an encouragement to me. I'm with Nora you are very thoughtful. Lets continue to help each other thru this! 12 days and counting for me.
                                Sweet dreams my friends!

Comment

Working...
                                X