One Step at a Time - September 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Saturday (and Sunday for Glass)!!!

Ok - I am SO SLOW!! But - so happy for FD & K9. :h I met my best friend on line. On a weight loss site. We live thousands of miles away from each other. But, we talk every day. Love each other very much and we visit each other whenever we can.

Glass - laughed about you being the limpet on the rock. We would NEVER want to get away from you. Then it reminded me of the movie The Incredible Mr. Limpet. Boy, it's scary how my mind works sometimes. :H

Mama - so very happy about Clay. Is he any happier?

Allswell - thank you so much for your kind words. How are you doing?

Caper - glad to see you posting. I know it's hard sometimes. I have the tendency to curl up and want to be alone. But, I'm trying. Kradle said she is committing to coming each day and posting something even if it's just one word. That's what I'm going to try to do too.

FD - I never knew that there was a national beer drinking today. I went grocery shopping today and I'll tell you that I was eyeing those beers. But, not an option, thank goodness.

Liz - isn't it hard with kids sometimes. I know what we went thru with my son. It was hard and I don't ever want to repeat it. Good for you for the run. I'm thinking about heading to the gym. It would do me good.

Love & hugs to everyone.. I'll be back later. I'm reading three different books. I need to finish a couple of them so I can get back to just reading one. :H Hard to keep my story lines straight here.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening all,
      Day 28 and really struggling....but hanging tough....I don't want to start over yet again...
      9:17 and I am drinking lots of water and snacking on healthy stuff.....I will survive...
      dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey Dottie! Good for you for hanging on with the cravings. :l Drinking lots of water is a good idea. It also helps if I eat something. Some fruit or something. I think there is enough natural sugar in the fruit that it takes the edge off. I've been eating lots of a cool whip with pineapple dish. It does seem to help!

Great job on 28 days!!:h:h
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora you really are a sweetheart.
          Dottie hang in there 28 days is amazing! I find eating sugar takes the edge off. My doctor said that when we drink the liver converts alcohol into sugar or something like that, so sugar will take the edge off.
          Caper, good to see you.
          I had a really good day. I ran five miles! My older daughter and I went shopping. Mostly for stuff for the wedding (may). This evening both of my girls and I continued shopping. We had such a wonderful time! We looked for jewelry and shoes for the wedding. My girls got along so well, which isn't always the case. It just warmed my heart! Anyway baked pumpkin muffins and now I'm exhausted in a good way. I feel so good without al, I'm present, I remember everything, it's a beautiful thing. So for today I'm good, 15 days.
          Goodnight all, sweet dreams!

Comment

9 minutes and I am going to bed...
            Thanks so much for the support tonight...
            Day 29 tomorrow..woohooo
            dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie Belle;1562262 wrote: 9 minutes and I am going to bed...
              Thanks so much for the support tonight...
              Day 29 tomorrow..woohooo
              dottie
              WAY TO GO, DOTTIE!!!!:wave::wave:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Lizann;1562261 wrote: Nora you really are a sweetheart.
                Dottie hang in there 28 days is amazing! I find eating sugar takes the edge off. My doctor said that when we drink the liver converts alcohol into sugar or something like that, so sugar will take the edge off.
                Caper, good to see you.
                I had a really good day. I ran five miles! My older daughter and I went shopping. Mostly for stuff for the wedding (may). This evening both of my girls and I continued shopping. We had such a wonderful time! We looked for jewelry and shoes for the wedding. My girls got along so well, which isn't always the case. It just warmed my heart! Anyway baked pumpkin muffins and now I'm exhausted in a good way. I feel so good without al, I'm present, I remember everything, it's a beautiful thing. So for today I'm good, 15 days.
                Goodnight all, sweet dreams!
                Almost missed your post!! So happy for you. 5 miles! WOW!!!! I am so glad that you had a good day (and that they got along ). I'll take a muffin please.

Off to the gym. Look at me - going to the gym at 8:00 pm. Wouldn't have done this a month ago. :H

Great job on 15 days! FANTASTIC!!!

:wave::wave:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!!!!!

My plans for today:
                  I stayed up too late so I am thinking a nap is in my future. :H
                  I'm thinking about going to work for a couple hours. Still in the planning stages.
                  I am thinking about lazing around and reading my book.
                  I am thinking about watching some movies.
                  I am thinking about going to the gym.
                  I am thinking about doing laundry.

Well - I think the nap and book has won. :H

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Glass hope that you had a wonderful day.

Can you believe that September is almost over??????
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning everyone- :groupluv:
                    Hunkered down in between the covers on a rainy Sunday here listening to the kids play XBox.... :egad:

Nora YOU are 25 days today, woohoo! :goodjob:Awesome.
                    I hear you on navigating the grocery store sometimes. I had an interesting experience there several weeks ago as a gal approached me with a big bottle of Citrus Vodka..the AL section is right it the front of Albertons.. and asked me if this was a good choice...she was buying it for her DIL or SIL or some such 'other' person.
                    Well this gal looked seriously 'rode hard and put away wet' as the old saying goes...I explained that I'm not a vodka drinker (which I'm not) but I had a friend who loved it so...
                    If ever there were an advertisement right there in the 'Ol AL section of the grocery store, this gal would be the star...she just looked awful. I almost wanted to write down our web address here but I think we all know she wouldn't have 'appreciated' that...
                    Anyway, excellent job on steering clear Nora and you too FD :l

Liz your day sounds so wonderful with your daughters and your run. I can't wait to be shopping with the twins for their weddings...really...I love going out with them buying clothes and such. Just wish I had unlimited funds! :H

Dottie very proud of you too. The cravings can be just...well...crappy... Well done.

Okay Mama, can you post the link to Clays article? You must be so happy and gratified..all the worry our kids heap on us and here's the reward!!! VERY VERY WONDERFUL! You are an Awesome MAMA!!!:

Caper I'm with you in early days of my 100 day challenge. So far so good...eating again like there is no tomorrow ...I hate that part.

Well, I should get my butt up and start something productive...like a shower!
                    Love you all and happy happy Sunday.
                    Will check in later tonight.
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Afternoon all,
                      Feeling much better today. I want to hit the 30 day mark...been a long time since I have seen that..
                      I slept well last night and was glad about that.
                      This place is great...U ALL get it..
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all, well happy to report back from funeral and I did it all af, this post will be short cuz I hate this new phone! Well done dottie on getting through the rough patches, I'm with you I don't want to start over again, hope everyone's doing good today
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Monday morning here so a quick drop in before work.

Mama congratulations on Clay's game, I'm so glad you were there to see it. Would love to see the article if we can. If you don't want to post it publicly, can you pls pm it?

Have a lovely week everyone. I'll try and drop in a bit more than I usually do on work days, but I'll be following you no matter what! :h:h
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass - have a great day!!! I know you're busy but love seeing you. :h

Mama - I also looked for Clay's newspaper article. Who is the beautiful girl you have in your pics? Is that his girlfriend???

Dottie - Glad you are feeling better and that you were able to ride out the cravings. :goodjob:

Pauly - I've been thinking about you. Good for you for getting thru this sober. It's not easy I know!! :goodjob:

Well - I just woke up from a 4 hour nap. I think this staying up late reading on my kindle needs to stop. My sleep patterns are out of whack.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just a quick check in. Had a bit of a craving earlier today,but managed to distract myself and it passed. It was a very busy but good weekend. I'm exhausted so off to bed I go!
                              Goodnight my friends, sweet dreams! Btw, when I was drinking I didn't dream, now that I'm sober I dream again. Anyone else find that too?

Comment

just a few hours to my 30 day milestone. whew
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X