One Step at a Time - September 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry mama about the kids and the bullying.....kids did that to me too...darn nuns I think did too....it is hard...is there anyone at school u can talk to....thought there were ways to help with that now...
    dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Great job dottie! Mama sounds like some kids are jealous
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

yeah Pauly we have thought the same thing...can't believe someone would pick on a 293 pound linebacker, but who knows
        we may go to the staff, but we really want him to handle it on his own...Hubs is beside himself....fun night tonight
        gonna eat and go to bed....next few days will be long......fly to Houston tomorrow at 3 and come home Thursday night
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

YAY Dottie, that's fantastic! You should be very proud of yourself! I hope I can do 30 days this time around.

Pauly for most people losing weight would be a good thing. You really seem to be holding up well under all this stress. No al, you go girl!

K9, hope its just the Monday blues!

Mama wish I could drink a few glasses once a month. Maybe some day, I'm not there yet! So sorry to hear about poor clay! High school is tough. I agree that he should try and work it out himself, but if that doesn't work would you go to the school? I too thought there was no tolerance policies now for bullying, I'm sure those girls would get into heeps of trouble. Would he consider just threatening them with going to the school? Maybe that'll be enough to stop it. Nasty girls, they'll get there's! Have fun in Houston!

Hope you're doing ok today Nora.

Had a patient today who was being treated (I work in a hospital) for end stage al liver cirrhosis. That literally scared the pants off of me. She was in her late 50s and looked terrible, much older than her years. She was very angry. A very sobering vision for me. I wonder what her story is? I just know she has been sober since June and that's just not going to do it for her. No cravings for me tonight. I'm drinking my herbal tea, happily and healthy!

I have the day off tomorrow, which I'm looking forward too. So goodnight my friends and sweet dreams!

Comment

Hey Liz - that is so sad. I sometimes think how can a person get to that point. But, the truth is that I am heading to that point, if I don't stop. I need to keep reminding myself.
            Glad that you are having a good evening. Enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Glass - you are right. We are missing some people. Come back, come back. :H It's funny to think that it's a new month for you while we are still on the old month.

Mama - I am so dang upset about what they are doing to Clay. I agree that it's probably jealousy. But, it hurts so much.
            Good luck in Houston. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you.

Dottie - I want to tell you again how happy I am for you. 30 days is fantastic!!

K9 - wondering how you are. Just know that we are here for you friend. :l:l

Pauly - just went over & checked on your thread to see how you are doing. You are hanging in there it seems. Good job. Now, if you can just figure out your phone.

Kradle - I need to hop over & check out your thread now too. :h

Caper, JDG, Juga, FT, FD, Allswell and all the Steppers old and new. I hope that everyone is doing well. Has anyone heard from Nurdl? Ok - off to take care of some paperwork before I crash.

Love you all..................:h
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words...I feel really good today and want this to last forever...
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Mama, have a look at This link.
                Bully (2011) - IMDb

It is a riveting docometary, Clay needs to see. Perhaps you can suggest that it be shown in his high school. Several schools have used it in their anti bully campaigns...but be warned; it doesnt portray the teachers in a very positive light...Bring Hankies...
                Have fun in Texas. :l
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

REALLY, REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU DOTTIE. I'm right behind you so let's keep this feeling up. :h
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

OK NoraC....we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Kradle - that sounds like quite a documentary. So sad that so many of our kids have to go thru this.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It truly is, Nora. The girl who wrote and produced it was herself bullied because she came out in a Small town...
                        The incredible confusion and shear denial of those teachers us breathtaking but what is really incredible us that those kids who were bullying other children, felt completely free in front of the cameras...no one was acting...it is deeply disturbing.
                        I asked Matt if this movie was an exaggeration but he said it was dead on....
                        Can't believe those Denim demons in his school...love and hugs to our Clay :l
                        :h
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I know it's early but I am ready to call it a night. I'm going to start the October thread a little early. Meet you over there............

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                          X