One Step at a Time - September 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kradle - your new avatar threw me off! Sometimes I don't even look at people's names I just assume I know who I'm talking to. LOL How did you do last night? Did you make it through without drinking? I know how you feel dear friend. But what would drinking accomplish, I mean in the long run? A buzz, an escape...but then it all comes crashing back...sometimes worse. I'm rambling, but I just wanted to send you good thoughts and a :l

Mama - how was your session? I think I need therapy (I know what you guys are thinking..."THINK" you need it? LOL) I seriously STILL dream about my ex-boyfriend every single night. WHY? It's been 8 years and we don't have any contact with each other so it's not like I'm constantly reminded of him. Wish I could erase him from my brain!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone...I'll check in later
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey all - having computer problems so haven't been able to check in.

Yes - I just TTFP. Now, I need to do it every single day.

Kradle - thinking of you. :h:h

K9 - I'm sorry about your dreams. If you find a good therapist, I do think it's helpful. :l

Love & hugs everyone. I'll be on again tonight if I can get my computer working.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hey everyone,well i finslly put the booze down yesterday,i had to take some days off from work to do it,im too stressed about gramma and that place causes me stress,and that would just lead me to keep drinking,i cant afford time off but i cant afford to go,make any sense at all? i hope everyones doing better,looks like weve all had a depressing batch of time,itll pass,always does,have a good day everyone i love ya p.s dont try the french fry burger at b.k its tiny
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

actually i put the booze down the day before yesterday,thats it,i cant have a few,dont want a few,i like to get ripped and it makes me sick as a dog! i couldnt eat,couldnt sleep,couldnt do anything,yuck! and i keep doing it?duh i must be insane,im not drinking another beer again,but even as i type this i know ive written it before,makes me sad i just wanna be done with it

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

:upset::upset:

Just lost my entire post.... When will I learn to copy and save...
            Will check in later. :l
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Aww hang in there Pauly. I feel your pain, I too want to be done with it. I'm still waiting for the cravings to get less, it's a struggle many days. Just try again. Anyday without al is a good day, even if its just one!

Comment

therapy was good, but it makes for a long day...up at 5, work like a crazy person all day, and then three hours...but it's good. I am nearly as bad as some of these peeps, but AA is all about surrendering to your higher power and I am good with that
                Clay is sick again. Third time to the doctor in a month. Now he has a stomach virus. We are still standing firm on his new school, but my heart breaks when he cries.
                Short hair for Sierra.....good luck with that one K9.
                I am feeling run down and flu-ey, prolly eat and go to bed.
                Love to all, and stay away from the bottle.
                IN therapy last night we role played. I got to be the mad wife of an addict that has quit his job and has not told the wife yet.....this is a true story for one of the group members, and Boy Howdy, did I do a good job! This 30-something man did not realize that his wife felt betrayed by his addiction and that to her it felt like he had a mistress...it was a light bulb moment for him. Poor guy.....he has a tough road ahead. It's sad...some of these kids are so young.....
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Happy to see you Mama! Sorry about Clay...I hope he (and you!) feel better soon.

Yeah, Sierra is getting her hair cut tomorrow night...I hope I am not up all night comforting a distraught girl that wishes she hadn't cut her hair (against her mother's advice....)

We are taking my parents out to a nice Japanese dinner tonight...gotta keep the old folks happy!

Everyone have a safe night :h

Comment

I don't like hearing the crickets on this thread!

Where is everyone???

HELLLLOOOOO....echo echo

Comment

hey everybody,well my mother-in-law passed wednesday afternoon,feel sad,and sad for hubs and kids,i know shes happier now and in no pain,so thats comforting,k9 i hope your daughter likes her hair when its done,when i was 15 i cut my hair like madonnas in "papa dont preach"video,ugh whats cute on madonna not cute on pauly haha,everybody take care

Comment

Pauly...SO sorry about your mother-in-law...sending you a big :l

Comment

Pauly - so sorry to hear about your MIL. I know how sad it is for us left behind. :l

K9 - Did Siearra try a wig first? To make sure she likes the style???? I sure hope it works out ok. I remember crying over a bad haircut. :upset:

I was still fighing with my computer at home last night so I didn't get a chance to get on here. I think I might have beat the virus but won't know until tonight. I don't mean to be ignoring everyone. Will catch up tonight.

Day 2 of TTFP. Need to get my head in a better place.

Have a great day everyone...........
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Pauly,

Just checked in and read your sad news. :huggyHow's your hubs holding up? It is such a blow when we loose a parent, no matter how old we are. - although if you were 15 when Madonna was preaching, you are pretty young :h

Sending hugs and prayers to you, sweetie. :l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

As long as Sierra's hair looks NOTHING like Miley Cyrus I will be fine. I can't believe Hannah Montana turned into such a little ...well, I won't say. LOL

Mama - Where are you?

Nora - Keep on TTFP....proud of you!

Comment

Pauly sorry to hear about your MIL. Prayers are with you and hubs.

Easy day here back to the grind tomorrow. Everyone have a great Thursday.
                                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Working...
                                X