Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2013

Evening all,
    Day 10 and itchy tonight but I am eating nuts and drinking water...whatever it takes until it passes...
    Ready for fall...too darn hot here in Ohio....mid 90's is just too much for me....
    dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Checking in for the evening. You are so right Dottie I'm on the east coast and its positively sticky out there. Summers last hoorah I guess. Took a walk with my oldest tonight, boy am I gonna miss her. She's getting married next spring. I'm already thinking about how I'm gonna keep it together that night. I'm paying and not gonna be drinking, can I do it. Guess I just need to continue one day at a time. Have a good night all!

Comment

Checking as well, everyone.
        K 9 sendinyou cig give aversion brain waves... :blah:

Sitting at Starbucks waiting for the girls musical theatre class to end. Still blows. my mind that I can sit outside a coffee shop and get on the Internet ... I remember being blown away by the 'delete' key on my old Mac...

Don't feel great great tonight. Head hurts like you Mama...chest too..no smoking though. 15 years for this girl! Wish I could say e same about AL!!

Love to all, :h
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hey all .....

Glass - hope you have a wonderful day at work. :h

Mama - hope your headache is better. I know how you feel. How's Pops?

Dottie - great job on day 10! You are rocking it. How are you feeling?

Lizann - I just can't even imagine a wedding. Thank goodness my son isn't steady with anyone right now.

K9, Pauly, Kradle, JDG and everyone that I'm missing. Great big hugs to one & all.....:l

I went to the gym tonight. Realized in the middle of my stationery bike workout that I had hit pause by mistake. Grrr So, I had to estimate and I hate that. Oh well - about 40 minutes and about 14 miles. So, that's ok. It was crowded tonight so I didn't get on the other equipment. I'll do that tomorrow.

Have a great evening/day everyone!!!
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope your headaches clear soon Mama and Kradle and you feel better soon too Dottie.

Lizann my son's getting married in 8 weeks, so I know how you feel, but yes - you can do it. Is she moving very far away?

Well done on making it to the gym again NOra and hugs to everyone else.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass my daughter and future son in law are currently looking for a home. They are looking for something closer to their jobs about half hour or more away from here. Not terrible but she "plays" with me, as the younger daughter does not. I will miss her. Not ready for the next step in my life as the nest begins to empty. But let me just focus on today. Off from work, Mom and dad are coming over. They are getting older but love to help us out. Daddy is a carpenter and we purchased some art when we were in Paris last month, he will make frames for them! Off to the doctor this afternoon, since I'm in a confessing mood I'm getting a little Botox to make me look younger! Can't drink anymore so gonna take care of me. Let you know how that goes. Money definitely better spent than on al, right? Have a good day everyone. I'll check in later. Let me mention again how much I appreciate going through this with all of you, it helps me so much to know I'm not alone. Happy hump day!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Liz - Is this your first time with Botox? At my old job everyone had so much money, girls would go at lunch for a botox treatment or a nip here or a tuck there...it was just your normal weekday activity. LOL One lady came back with lips so swollen she looked like one of those sucker fish...she had a bad reaction to the injection. That was the Land of the B's: Botox, Boobs, BMW's, and Bleached Blonde. Glad I left all that behind. But good luck on the procedure today, I'm not against a little work here and there....whatever makes you feel good!

Mama - Hows the headache? How is Pop doing? And is Clay adjusting and accepting his school? I gotta check in on my daddy soon, he loves the attention. LOL

Nora - TTDP today? I didn't...today is my "off" day...down to every other day. I am so proud of you for going to the gym! I am still "thinking about it"... LOL

Kradle - How are the kids? Not driving you too bonkers I hope :h Can I ask who is in your avatar? I KNOW that's not your dog. LOL

GHE, Dottie and everyone else...Happy Wednesday!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Her avatar is the author Oscar Wilde( I think).....see how smart I am??
                  I was zonked afte therapy and went to bed early last night
                  Pop is the same....and Clay has good days and bad...but he doesn't talk about it as much and seems resigned to his fate....I hope he will get happy soon.....
                  I am getting prepared for an empty nest myself Lizann......sigh
                  I had botox once and loved it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
                  ok....back to work
                  MUAH!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning all - quick check in from work.

Yep - I TTFP. I'm scared to miss a day. I'm still on VERY fragile ground here. :upset:

I work with someone that goes to Mexico and gets something done. She ends up with bruises all over her face, neck, chest. But, she says it's better than botox.

Have a great day everyone.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

PS - Went for my blood work today. Going to be very interesting to see how bad it is. :upset:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hey everybody,i hope all your bloodwork is good nora,rainy day yet again here,im tired of it seems like it mirrors my mood and life at the moment,i should get some botox between my eyebrows,i have that constant worried or angry look,i just cut my bangs to cover it up haha,give me a bit on joining you in quitting smoking k9, but shoot i do need to its too expensive anyways,money i do not need to be spending! anyways i hope everyone is having a good day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I am trying for the 1,246,798th time to quit smoking on September 22nd. Want to shoot for that date with me??
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

home, spaghetti cooking and will have a quiet night
                            I was hit HARD with cravings this afternoon....WTF?
                            Hope your bloodwork is ok Nora
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hope your blood work is ok Nora. Spaghetti sounds deliciious mama bear. I made eggplant Parmesan tonight after my Botox injection. It went well, it was not my first time. It will take affect in about five days but darned if I don't have a headache tonight. Pauly I cut my bangs too to hide the frown lines! I needed a little more help. Have a good night all. Quick dip in the pool to cool off before bed. Goodnight all

Comment

Hey all - just a quick check in to say goodnight. :catroll::catroll:

I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. Hubby had a carotid scan this evening. Scheduled for 4:35. Be sure to get there at 4:15. We got out of there at 7:15!!! Problems with the referral, etc, etc. I'm beat. He has to go back on Saturday for a pelvic/abdominal CT scan. I sure hope they figure out what is wrong with him. :upset:

Mama - sorry about the cravings. :l I know what I would be doing if I hadn't taken TFP.

Love & hugs to everyone.....
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X