Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - September 2013

Jack look like "Lady" from "Lady and the Tramp"
    this is the night, when the music is bright....
    I wonder if that's on Netlfix?
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Day 14 and feeling better. Cool and sunny here in Ohio so that makes me feel better too.
      Going to open house at yoga studio later today..want to try a few things before I sign up..I am not very flexible but may be able to modify or take a really beginners class to get started. But I know I need some ME time and dh is NOT the yoga type...
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

hey everybody,been MIA for a bit just trying to deal with,the funeral,his dui,work,the fact that he picked some woman up that nite,been drinking myself into a coma basically through it all,jeez im totally done with my pity-party,i used my day off yesterday just to detox and get myself sorted out,this is hard,the hardest is when im sleeping and i wake up panicky with it all replaying in my head,i wish i could just put it past me and move forward,insted i keep dwelling,anyways k9 your daughters hair looks cute! doggie is cute too,hope you feel better mama,congrats on the new relationship ft,but sorry about your friend,sad part is that it can happen to any of us if we continue to drink,hope everyone has a good weeken
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey my lovelies
          It?s 3am and this is the first chance I?ve had in days to check in. Trying to balance a full time job, and a full time PhD at a university a 90 minute drive away is turning out to be a bit difficult. Who?d have thought? :H

K9 ? your daughter is really beautiful. But isn?t it good to know that you can now safely drive anywhere to pick her up late at night if you need to, and she?ll have a gorgeous sober mum meeting and screening her boyfriends at the front door? And as for Jack ? OMG!!! I wants him, I does.

Mama ? I hope you feel better soon honey. Could this be your body telling you to rest? Hmmmmm? And that?s fantastic about Clay winning his game. Don?t worry, there?ll be many more that Mama can be the mama at. Will this help him settle into the new school a bit more, do you think? I would LOVE to see that poster!

Kradle ? I LOVE your apple comment ? very true. I forgot to say you have passed on some beautiful genes there K9!

FT ? what a time you?re having! I?m so very sorry about your friend, but happy that you might have found a special someone.

Dottie ? prayers for you, sweetie. Yoga sounds like a good ?me time? activity and very good for your health too.

Love and hugs to all my other stepping friends. :h

EDIT: I'm going back to bed soon so can you all please keep the noise down? :H
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Pauly - we just X posted. I'm so sorry about everything you're going through. I know it's not much help but all I can give you is one of these. :l Oh what the hell, here's another 2 :l :l

Also you said:
            "the hardest is when im sleeping and i wake up panicky with it all replaying in my head"
            I know it's hard sweetie, but drinking really makes that mid night panicky wakey thing much, much worse!

If you don't feel quite up to stopping at the moment (no judgement here!), any steps you can take to cut down will help a lot. :h

Comment

Thank you all, also I have been catching up and my heart is with you all in your difficult times. We are in this together and can do this, the effort is worth it as you all are.
              Hope all have a great day.
              FT
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Pauly so sorry your going through such a difficult time. I'm pretty sure I'd be reaching for the bottle if I were in your shoes. Sometimes it's just minute by minute for me. You're entitled to your pity party. Sending hugs your way!

Ft you're so right were in this together and the effort is worth it as you ate.

I'll check back later.

Comment

Having a good Saturday....clear head is a good thing...
                  Made a pot of chili...mmmmm cool here and I was just in the mood...
                  I am cooking a little more now..need to plan better so I have everything I need...
                  But dh was happy to get a hot meal....he is a good hubby...
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Frequent Traveler;1556406 wrote: Thank you all, also I have been catching up and my heart is with you all in your difficult times. We are in this together and can do this, the effort is worth it as you all are.
                    Hope all have a great day.
                    FT
                    That's a lovely thought FT - thank you! :h And as are you!

Comment

Hello everyone.....Going to try to post a pic of Mama's son.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glad to see everyoe here.

Took hubby for his CT scan this morning. His Doctor should get the results in 3 days. I'm very concerned. But, it is out of our hands....just need to wait and find out what they say.

I came home after that and took a nap. But, then I got up and went to the gym. You would think that I would start losing inches or pounds soon. Oh well - at least it gets me up & moving.
                        Then, I went grocery shopping and now I'm going to vegetate.

I dug thru my drawers and found a swim suit that I was able to squeeze into. So, I think I'm going to change up my workout and do some laps and walk in the water on some days. That's good exercise and I enjoy it.

Lizann - thanks for the info about my lab results. The doctor hasn't said anything, I just looked online to get my results and tahey were flagged high. They do like like they are barely out of range.
                        Your eggplant dish sounds wonderful. I think I might have to give that a try.

Glass - I tried to keep it down while you were sleeping. But, looks like you woke up anyway. :H I didn't realize that you were working on your PhD. That is wonderful but I'll bet that is a heavy load!!!

FT - I am so very sorry about your friend. Just so sorry. Absolutely that could be anyone of us. I hope that helps all of our resolve. :h

Kradle - did you end up with another member of the family???? Sounds like you were really getting temped.

Mama - I sure hope you feel better. Poor baby. I'm sorry for all the stress you are dealing with with Clay right now. Can't believe he thought he was going to skip the morning meeting.

Dottie - what did you find out about the yoga? I enjoyed it when I was doing it. There is a class on Thursday nights at the gym I go to that I might try out.

Pauly - Glad that you got yourself sorted out. Hard times right now but remember that we are here for you. :l

K9 - Love your pics of Jack. What a cutie!!

Love & hugs to everyone. Off to vegetate.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow - thanks for the photo Mama - that's a whole lotta boy you have there! Don't tell him this but he's very cute!

I can see why he has a good football future ahead of him! :h

Comment

Nora the yoga sounds great. I am going to get a monthly pass so I can try several classes to see what I like best. Also there are 2 workshops that I want to do too..ME time...
                            dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie - ME time is important. I have realized that since I've joined the gym. I have to force myself to go sometimes but when I am there, it feels good to be doing something for me.

Glass - glad the pic came thru. Yep, Clay is a cutie!

Forgot that my son's car registration was due. $129.00 late fee!!! Dang it. Of course, it is in my name. Crap. Luckily just realized that mine is due next week and I need a smog test. So, at least I'm not going to be late on mine. Whew....
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I feel your pain Nora, I was driving through small town America a couple of weeks ago and the local police pulled me over for going 10 miles over a painfully slow 25 mile zone and got slapped with a $145 ticket. All these places like the BMV and IRS penalize every drop of blood out of you then have the audacity to refer to you as a "customer". Can't quite take our business elsewhere can we? I guess we can if we shuffle off to another country but what are the chances of that for most of us?

Haven't been around the thread lately but doing well. Sorry to hear of the continuing health issues Nora.
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X