Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 1st September

Gooooooooood morning, folksies

Welcome to a new month. Notionally, this also the start of spring, but you wouldn't think so if you looked outside.

Nothing much planned for today, so it should be nice relaxed Sunday.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tips

We're still officially in summer but meteorolgically into autumn. Which season do you like best?

Went to see Leonard Cohen in concert last night, now trying to catch up on sleep before a session in the gym.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Morning all !
      Blondiepants - even God rested from the gym on Sundays:H

What age is Leonard Cohen ??? - 101 :egad:
      I think you should sit in and watch X-Factor like the rest of us and stop gadding about :H

Comment

Ukblonde;1550616 wrote: Morning Tips

We're still officially in summer but meteorolgically into autumn.
        btw - August 1 is officially start of Autumn in these parts Blondie.
        But heard last night next week to be very good - 26 degrees in London :yay:
        (for them)
        but we will get 22 degrees apparently inkele:

Comment

Morning UKB and Satzuma

I guess I prefer autumn - it's the nicest time weather wise.

Gym? On a Sunday?
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Looks like a slow day here in the Army again Tips

Anyhoo - L-Glut for sugar cravings - anyone used it ?
            I NEVER had a sweet tooth - but gone crazy recently.
            And with trying to get toned & lose body fat this is not helping
            I could trawl through the boards but just thought I'd ask here first

Comment

Morning folks.
              IMO L glut works Benji, well it did for me.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

satz123;1550624 wrote: Looks like a slow day here in the Army again Tips

Anyhoo - L-Glut for sugar cravings - anyone used it ?
                I NEVER had a sweet tooth - but gone crazy recently.
                And with trying to get toned & lose body fat this is not helping
                I could trawl through the boards but just thought I'd ask here first
                I took L-Glut in the early days, but never thought it made a huge difference. I know that it does help you recover after exercise and its also supposed to be good for IBS. Wouldn't buy it again myself.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tabbers

There's a whole thread dedicated to LG in holistic. "The benefits of L-Glutamine" it's called, if memory serves.
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning

I always think of autumn as beginning on September 1st and we have autumnal weather to go with it today. It's a bit chilly outside. I've taken amy out 3 times already. Can't believe how much shit such a small creature can produce, she's only been here a couple of days and both gardens have been well and truly fertilised. Indoors she chews absolutely everything - her toys, the furniture, the skirting boards, radiators, carpets, etc. Won't have a house left soon if this carries on much longer.

Comment

Hiya Tips, wouldnt rule it it being a placebo effect in my case but I felt it did help with sugar/AL cravings. Having said that I havent bought or used it in ages so maybe my memory is playing tricks, its not what it used to be....

Comment

Hi Reccie, sorry but I did smile a tiny bit at your predicament. Puppies are a bit like babies, people never tell you about any down side, just the ahhh how cute...
                        I have a couple of chairs about 25yrs old with the center bar half chewed away by my old dog when he was just a pup. I was a little annoyed at the time but now I look at them and smile, its a lovely reminder and bring back happy memories of him.

Comment

:wavin: Reccie.

Look out for hooves that are for sale in pet shops - you can put a bit of peanut butter in the cavity and give Amy that to chew on. Or "bones" that are made from beef skin. Our local vet does a roaring trade in ostrich bones, but you're not likely to find them there.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thanks guys -
                            I'll leave you men here to bond a while :l-as off I go to the thread advised by Tipperooney :thanks:

ZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!

Comment

mollyka;1550636 wrote: Morning all!! And good to see you bright and bouncy of a Sunday Tabbers! Never took the gluty stuff Benj so know nothing bout it -- why not give it a whirl? I remember years ago looking for it in a health shop and they'd all sorts of 'glut' this and 'glut' that so never knew what the right stuff was so never bothered...... speaking of sugar..... omhlhfg --- you SHOULD have tasted my 'caramel ensemble' dessert from last night -- in face, I think I can still taste it:H

I absolutely :h Leonard Cohen -- 'suicide music' Joe calls it - but does sorta listen in a fake dis-interested way ;-) Is he still singing well - cos he is WELL old!!

Strictly starts again next Sat. did perk up a bit when I heard that --- my FAV!!!!

Oh poor Reccie --- you sound like my mum sounded when we got Helga (our boxer) first --- she was shaggin MANIC -- mind you - no one ever trained her properly so she never really stopped doing all that! I'm quite sure Amy will be trained by you appropriately - can't go on too long! Adam was showing us his war wounds from his teeeeenchiest new kitten -- scratches all over him -- but he's truly in love - prolly for the first time in his life!!!!
                              Hey to everyone else - definite wee nip in the air -- I love Autumn too achully -- thankfully Joe's heading off with his mates on his bike to Hook Head -- with a bit of luck he'll just keep going and drive off the cliff -- he's a miserable fucker for the last 2 days........... NOUGHT to do with me thankfully!!!!
                              Was on me way over to 'healthy thread'- have to stop and laugh at this:H:H:H
                              Just ignore 'ol grumpy hole Molls - pandering to them makes them worse .And the inclination to blame ourselves never goes -

Comment

Working...
                              X