• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 1st September

:goodjob: on the job Questie
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1550648 wrote: Morning All!

Reccie! Sounds like you have a handful - the trouble with a lot of dog advice is people forget dogs have personalities just like people do! Each one is different and you will learn what works for AMY not A N Other dog in a book

Have a good day all - where's my cake though?

EWWise words EW.
      Wot cake
      damo180;1550642 wrote: Good morning all

Big sports day today
      Man united v Liverpool

Then the big one
      DUBLIN v kerry in the All Ireand semi finals.
      Cmon the Dubs with Mollyka , Satz , Ktab ? and anymore Dubs that frequent !

Have a great day all
      Liverpool and Dublin /Kerry match - they've died & gone to heaven here chez Satz
      UP THE DUBS !!!!!
      Quest for the key;1550643 wrote:
      Morning Mr T - I'm grand ta

Just lying in me pit contemplating - going watching the eldest sprog play his first match as a colt at 11.30. Then housework etc needs doing

I've got a new job - did I mention ???
      SPILL !!!!

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1550658 wrote: It is indeed Tips and thank you!

EW
        HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!
        Love having you in the Army btw :h

Comment

EnglishWriter77;1550648 wrote: Morning All!

Reccie! Sounds like you have a handful - the trouble with a lot of dog advice is people forget dogs have personalities just like people do! Each one is different and you will learn what works for AMY not A N Other dog in a book
          Morning EW

Thanks - I'll bear that in mind - it makes sense. :goodjob:

Comment

Ohhh...happy birthday EW! :bday3:

Comment

Recluse;1550665 wrote: Morning EW

Thanks - I'll bear that in mind - it makes sense. :goodjob:
              And another comparison to babies -as I know nowt about dogs as such.
              The chewing sounds like them cutting their teeth ?
              So Tips idea of a good 'chaw' on something hard is a good one inmho

Comment

Thanks Molly!

Thanks Satz - great to be here!

Thanks Reccie - well I know from my cocker spaniel that he has his own way of working and although not perfect, he is now a very good little dog. He's great with my daughter who pulls at him constantly bless him!

EW
                If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

mollyka;1550654 wrote: Single parent syndrome Recs!!! Mind you - I might as well have been a single parent for my first 3 kids!!
                  I really don't know anything about training doggies Recs - but I'm guessing it's not that different re. the basics - to babies. And with babies, once they had a modicum of sense - the main key imo was consistency -- so if you want Amy to pee in a certain place for instance - you need to consistently (and exhaustingly) bring her to the same place when you think she needs to perform -- and even if she doesn't all the time --- eventually that will penetrate her 'fog of mad-dom' and I presume eating furniture is the equivalent of babies putting their fingers into sockets --- ALWAYS show your displeasure --- each and everytime..... as for more advanced training than that ---- 'fraid I'm out of my depth!!!!!!
                  No news on the shop --- the accountant is still faffing around with 3 years audited accounts..... we're not in any hurry - the longer it goes on the longer Joe gets paid ;-)
                  Yep, I am deffo doing my best to be consistent molls - I do understand how important consistency is.

The shop situation sounds okish...I hope you're happy with how it's panning out.

Comment

Thanks guys for your good wishes

And it's a brand new month today - taking stock

Missed y'all xx (fones bout to croak !!)
                    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Congratulations on the new job questie. :goodjob:

Comment

mollyka;1550674 wrote: tbh Recs - with all the hassle in the house - the shop has taken a back seat in my thoughts --- I'm guessing maybe not in Joe's tho - hence mebbe his grumpiness -- I'm being quite philosophical about it at the moment - what'll be will be I s'pose -- I heard Simon talking about wanting to invest in stuff recently so down the road, even if we had to sell the shop it's a fair possibility that himself and Joe could look into something together -- would suit them both methinks - they each have very different strengths!

A new month is a great time to take stock indeed - like a clean slate Questy -- maybe look on your new job as the chance for a new start with everything - including the grog? I know when Jamie was born I absolutely SWORE to myself that no matter what -- that little boy and any to come would NEVER know me as a granny who drank.... just another tool really
                        You've been missed Molls :h
                        You always make me laugh & ALWAYS have thoughtful wise words on any topic.
                        (except on the subject of STOVES) Still waiting for the lowdown on that !!

Comment

I think LC is in his late 70s, his voice isn't as strong BUT he was very spry skipping and moving around. Pretty agile I'd say.

Sunday gym gets it out of the way for later in week when I'm busy and might not fit it in.

L-glut supposed to be very good I use it for recovery, not found it helps with sugar.
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Morning guys, busy thread this morning
                            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Ok. L-Glut stops sugar cravings......gonna give it a lash:b&d:

Comment

Ukblonde;1550677 wrote: I think LC is in his late 70s, his voice isn't as strong BUT he was very spry skipping and moving around. Pretty agile I'd say.

Sunday gym gets it out of the way for later in week when I'm busy and might not fit it in.

L-glut supposed to be very good I use it for recovery, not found it helps with sugar.
                                X post Blondie - sure I'll report back on my findings

Comment

Working...
                                X