X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 1st September

Howyiz:hiya:

UP THE DUBS!!!

Back from Motherville..just getting me din-din.
    Back in a min

Comment

mollyka;1550877 wrote: Could this be your 'eureka' moment??
      Don't get me wrong Questy - when I did drink - I drank a lot - and when my drinking went 'under cover' cos Joe was getting antsy about it - it actually got much worse - I would drink at 'inappropriate' times - just cos I had a 'window' in my life (as in, he'd be at work and I'd a day off or whatever) - but I really amn't minimising my drinking here -- in the 2 years prior to this quit I would go on binges for 2-3 days --- 'hung for a sheep as a lamb' mentality --- but I'd have months and months between binges ---
      I think, I'm praying and hoping it is my eureka moment !

Dya know - i don't even like the taste - of any al - it literally makes me gag !! Wines like vinegar, beer - yuk ! , v&t's - gone off that ! So why do I do it ? I'm the same with smoking ! Can't stand the smell, taste, fag ends ! And again - don't do it at home unless I'm drinking ! (I do it at work just to escape.)

Mmmmm escape - maybe there's a hint in the word ?
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Yo satzy and jacs

Hope yer mums ok satzy
        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Hiyis all

Jacks- welcome home, hope ye had a nice break:l

D'Arsey- well done on the PB:goodjob:

Questy- good on ya for starting today :thumbs:

Well Satz and Molls!! That was some match Very exciting, me neighbour prob wont be home for a week now! Satz- did ye find wot tabs yer Mam is on?

Comment

That took longer than I thought as I had to nip in the kit hen to make EW a birthday cake,

Delighted your cousin and baby are home, Puddles.

Poor wee Amy with a bitten tail. Puppies teeth are like razor blades.

And a big for D'Arsey on the PB.

Must go and lewk at this posh place you're going to Satzuma.

Sorry if I haven't mentioned everybody but I'z jiggered but I missed you all.:h
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[quote=sweetpea29;1550892]Hiyis all

Well Satz and Molls!! That was some match Very exciting, me neighbour prob wont be home for a week now! Satz- did ye find wot tabs yer Mam is on?[/quote]

Yeah Sweetie - then forgot - read the leaflet and yes they are for Overactive Bladder Syndrome. She was up 14 times during the night
              They are not working ....

Comment

[quote]satz123;1550896 wrote: [quote=sweetpea29;1550892]Hiyis all

Well Satz and Molls!! That was some match Very exciting, me neighbour prob wont be home for a week now! Satz- did ye find wot tabs yer Mam is on?[/quote]

Yeah Sweetie - then forgot - read the leaflet and yes they are for Overactive Bladder Syndrome. She was up 14 times during the night
                They are not working ....
                Oh dear- not good Satz. That would put me head away.. Sooner she gets op the better.

mollyka;1550897 wrote:
                Originally posted by satz123
                oh the poor pet! Many moons ago I had that - and I had a small operation - they injected something into my bladder - Phenol??? I think that's what it was called - and it helped for years --- up to this year achully - prolly bout 20 yrs it worked......

Bit worried bout my man --- thought I heard the bike a while back but it wasn't him..... it's gonna be dark soon and he really should be home by now........ ach - I'm sure he's grand!
                Bet you are knackered Jacks -- holidays WRECK me:H And that's when I'm NOT drinking!!!!
                Hope he lands soon Molls- was he off far?

Comment

BTW Jacks- did ya bring us summat back from yer hols?!

Comment

sweetpea29;1550899 wrote: BTW Jacks- did ya bring us summat back from yer hols?!
                    YEah Jackser whatya get us :stomper:

Comment

[quote]mollyka;1550897 wrote:
                      Originally posted by satz123
                      oh the poor pet! Many moons ago I had that - and I had a small operation - they injected something into my bladder - Phenol??? I think that's what it was called - and it helped for years --- up to this year achully - prolly bout 20 yrs it worked......

Bit worried bout my man --- thought I heard the bike a while back but it wasn't him..... it's gonna be dark soon and he really should be home by now........ ach - I'm sure he's grand!
                      Bet you are knackered Jacks -- holidays WRECK me:H And that's when I'm NOT drinking!!!!
                      Ah my feller left at 11.30 this morning to go to watch MY team :egad:
                      - just seems late 'cos it's dark early is all Molls they will both turn up !

Comment

Evening!

Welcome home Jackie. Glad you had a nice time. Wasn't expecting you home quite so soon though - for some reason I'd got it into my head you were staying till Monday.

RunningCourage;1550866 wrote: Evening troops.
                        Banjaxed and me legs are on strike
                        And I got me marathon headache (just a bit dehydrated, always get it).
                        But good run, despite a head wind the last 6 miles that so nearly floored me I though about stopping, walking back to the last village and getting cosy in a pub :H
                        New PB, so pleased with that.

Reccie, it's quite frenetic at recs abode! I mentioned it before but imvho I would look at dog/ pup training classes. It's all fine and well reading, but I believe what she needs is practicing and learning behaviour. Amy needs to know who is boss - YOU ARE - bit if that isn't clear to her, then her behaviour will always be a bit chaotic. Think of sheepdogs (she is border collie?) they know their place in the pecking order. They obey instructions from the farmer. And the love/affection each have is not diminished by the master being strict, but instead has the dog learn respect loyalty and what is right and wrong ( for the dog) ( classes wont teach the dog philosophy and ethics!). Basically I believe classes will benefit both Amy and you and life will be easier.

The family dog I grew up with wasn't ever trained through going to classes and as much as he and we all loved one another - he was a big affectionate thing - he could be wayward and for the whole of his life would go take himself for walkies (he could high jump a 6ft fence I kid you not) and we'd often be stressed put our nut looking for him.

More often than not, we'd get a call from the cops saying he was down the police station again!
                        Of course it might have been that he was dealing drugs or dogging (literarily) illegally in a lay by :egad: :H
                        Congratulations on finishing your 4th marathon arsey, and especially on the PB. I'd meant to wish you good luck beforehand - not sure what happened - but it sounds as though you didn't need it.

Re amy, I will definitely consider training classes if it becomes apparent that they're needed. At the moment, classes aren't an option cos she doesn't begin her course of vaccinations till next week, so she can't go near other dogs. I totally agree with you about the need to show her who's the boss (pack leader) and I've been working on that from the moment she arrived. I've also been doing other things such as trying to associate words with actions in her mind. It's very early days , we're still getting to know one another and trying to understand one another, so I'll be keeping the situation under constant review. Yep, she is effectively a sheepdog and that is very apparent from the way she behaves, for example she was busy herding poppy this morning. :nutso: Had to laugh at what you said about your family dog!

Well done again on the marathon. A really fantastic achievement. :goodjob:

Comment

Oh and :
                          :welcome:back Jackser :l
                          :goodjob: D'arsey
                          and
                          :goodjob:Questy

Comment

Maccy D arrived with my name on it. Bacinabit.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1550897 wrote: Bit worried bout my man --- thought I heard the bike a while back but it wasn't him..... it's gonna be dark soon and he really should be home by now........ ach - I'm sure he's grand!
                              Could you not phone or text him molly if you're properly worried?

Comment

Gonna say me nighters and sweet dreams early folksies :hallo:

Early start in morn

Reccie- laughin at thought of Amy 'rounding up' Poppy- sure the poor cat is thinkin wtf is goin on here! Hats off to ya- sounds like a handful!

Comment

Working...
                                X