Army Thread Thursday 5th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Study.... well, i would say 'done' but i'm on a break... will recommence tomorrow morning.

Recluse;1552456 wrote: Well done with your interview arsey :goodjob: When do you expect to hear something? Sounds as though you're more interested in today's job than yesterday's?
    I hear about today's next Wed as they still have interviews next week to do.

You're right Reccie, I am more interested - but what is a wee bit surprising is that before this morning, of all the jobs, this is the one i was least keen for. But the folks seemed very nice, the office is to die for (bootiful old school conversion with other offices and organisations living under the same roof - REALLY nicely done)... and i dunno... it was just on the whole more positive in the vibe. AND it was in edinburgh... as i was driving back, i just FELT that this was where I'd much rather be than up back in Aberdeen/Shire (as much as i hold affection for Aberdeenshire in particular)

Interview 3 tomorrow arvo. Numero 4 on Monday arvo. *phew*

And if I don;t get any :egad: I'll worry about that then...

How is the biter/chewer/pooper/peer extraordinaire?!

Comment

JackieClaire;1552459 wrote: :H:H

Must read posts properly. That just didn't sink in.

How's our new Daddy?
      Hiya Jackie!

Well, I took amy to Woodstock for the first of her 3 lots of vaccinations today, so I'm the best part of a hundred squids poorer. :upset: Other than that, everything's fine. Sounds like you had a good day - I reckon the break from work has done you a power of good cos you're sounding a lot more positive lately. When are you due back? Oh, and I almost forgot to let you know amy really likes your present, so much so that I'm gonna get some more for her once she's run out.

Comment

Xposts zenny and arsey - got to take her out for a pee, bacinabit.

Comment

Zenstyle;1552460 wrote:

Arsey... I bought two nighties and two sets of Betty Boop PJs at Wal de Mart. Styling me I am now! ;o)
          You were that out in public?! :wow: :H

Comment

Wal de Mart :H:H bit like Primani over here.

I do feel loads better, Reccy. Done me the world of good playing wifey for a couple of weeks.

Going in to do a bit of scanning Saturday.

We paid about ?120 up front at our vets so Bess gets her boosters and a wee check up each year with no added fee.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RunningCourage;1552461 wrote: Study.... well, i would say 'done' but i'm on a break... will recommence tomorrow morning.

I hear about today's next Wed as they still have interviews next week to do.

You're right Reccie, I am more interested - but what is a wee bit surprising is that before this morning, of all the jobs, this is the one i was least keen for. But the folks seemed very nice, the office is to die for (bootiful old school conversion with other offices and organisations living under the same roof - REALLY nicely done)... and i dunno... it was just on the whole more positive in the vibe. AND it was in edinburgh... as i was driving back, i just FELT that this was where I'd much rather be than up back in Aberdeen/Shire (as much as i hold affection for Aberdeenshire in particular)

And if I don;t get any :egad: I'll worry about that then...

Edinburgh is nice and I think they have a variety of running races there.
              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

RunningCourage;1552461 wrote: I hear about today's next Wed as they still have interviews next week to do.!
                Six days isn't too bad - I once waited 4 months (and got the job!) - but it's always a tricky time waiting to hear the outcome of an onterview.

Gawd....I took her outside a few minutes ago and she emptied her bowels and now that we're back inside, she's emptied her bladder. :upset: Sorry, was that TMI?

RunningCourage;1552461 wrote: You're right Reccie, I am more interested - but what is a wee bit surprising is that before this morning, of all the jobs, this is the one i was least keen for. But the folks seemed very nice, the office is to die for (bootiful old school conversion with other offices and organisations living under the same roof - REALLY nicely done)... and i dunno... it was just on the whole more positive in the vibe. AND it was in edinburgh... as i was driving back, i just FELT that this was where I'd much rather be than up back in Aberdeen/Shire (as much as i hold affection for Aberdeenshire in particular)
                Adverts for job vacancies can be incredibly misleading. Interviews are, or should be, as much about you finding out about the job as the prospective employer finding out about you. It goes without saying that I hope they offer you the job.

RunningCourage;1552461 wrote:
                Good luck for tomorrow...

RunningCourage;1552461 wrote:
                So that's why members of the House of Lords are called peers!!! It honestly never occured to me!

Comment

Ukblonde;1552469 wrote: Edinburgh is nice and I think they have a variety of running races there.
                  Yer darn tootin! 3 marathons (Meadows, rock n roll, and Edinburgh marathon festival)... Plus a wee hill in the centre of toon.

Why it's called Arthur's seat is beyond me.
                  Imagine the size of Arthur's arse :egad:
                  Would put me to shame.
                  Have to rename me SkinnyArse

Comment

Recluse;1552471 wrote:

So that's why members of the House of Lords are called peers!!! It honestly never occured to me!
                    :H:H Well they are pretty darn old...

Comment

JackieClaire;1552468 wrote: I do feel loads better, Reccy. Done me the world of good playing wifey for a couple of weeks.
                      Excellent! Good to hear

JackieClaire;1552468 wrote:
                      We paid about ?120 up front at our vets so Bess gets her boosters and a wee check up each year with no added fee.
                      That's really good value Jackie...I think I need to find a less expensive vet. Been considering it for a while actually.

Comment

Don't think there's a cheap vet anywhere.

My bessie mateis married to ours. We only get 10% off when he's on duty and I still have to leave one of the kids as security until the bill's paid.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1552477 wrote: My bessie mateis married to ours. We only get 10% off when he's on duty and I still have to leave one of the kids as security until the bill's paid.
                          :H:H:H

Comment

Just going to get something to eat. Bacinabit.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

just bought myself a very snazzy marvel 'avenger assemble' duvet set for uni, going prepared xD
                              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains;1552486 wrote: just bought myself a very snazzy marvel 'avenger assemble' duvet set for uni, going prepared xD
                                Ha ha, I remember the novelty character slippers.

Kindda glad I don't have to go back to halls this time around.

Vets are expensive because they are Drs to several species, not just one and you have to be even better than a human Doc.

My mother spends a fortune on her cats, they even have dentistry and special toothpaste.:H
                                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                                X