Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the probable penalties for my first time DUI if I am convicted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the minimum and maximum penalty for DUI first time

It depends on what state you live in. I live in Mississippi and got my first one in June. DL suspension until MAESAP, and VIP classes are complete. (240.00) 2 fines speeding (237.00) DUI (750.00). Probation for 6 months or until fines are paid and classes are complete. No law enforcement citations for 2 years or I have to complete the 48 hours in jail.

If you can hire an attorney I would strongly suggest it.
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

OH and meet with PO monthly which is another 50.00.
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Have you been convicted? A good attorney may get it reduced to reckless driving. If convicted, it depends on your state. Community service, loss of licence and fines should be expected. Most states do give you a driving permit if your licence is suspended
        Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

aliceria;1554197 wrote: Which one have more penalty?
          They are just different names for the same charge.
          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
          X