Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 7th September

Good morning Army

We (Mrs. T and I) are in a town called Swellendam, about 200 km feom Cape Town. It was a spur of the moment thing. An old friend of ours whom we haven't seen in about 6 years is holidaying here and invited us over. Threw some clean underwear into a bag and came through after work yesterday. Heading home around mid-morning.

Have a lekker Saturday, folksies.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Molly

The cubs are on granny-sitting duty is more like it :H.

It is actually lekker to do something spontaneous. We don't do such things very often. Come to think of it, if we did do it often it would no longer be spontaneous, would it? Or can one be that way routinely? Mundanely spontaneous? I rhink the country air is affecting my brain :H

How did all the work on your house go?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi Molly and Tips and all to come

Tips you have the right idea escaping for the weekend.
      Molly sounds like it has been hectic

Off to Liverpool on the 8am bus so just a fly by as usual!!

Comment

Morning you three - enjoy the rest of you mini-break Tipps. No overtime today, fantastic! I have nothing planned which is great though got up to two texts from a friend who didn't get promoted as she hoped yesterday so she wants to go out shopping and complain about it (she didn't deserve promoting but that's another tale ) so am pretending to be still in bed
        AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Good morning Tipperooo, Mollymoo, Our Whizzy, Spidy,

Orff to the orifice this morning, then shopping for the luvverly Jenz birthday tea tomorrow (she's 27).

Have to stick Mr JC's head in the heating unit to spend what feels like several hours to light the pilot light for the heating. Getting a bit nippy in the morning.

If you see a small but perfectly formed meteor in the sky, it's our house as it's blown up.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning guys
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Morning tips, molly, whizzy and sylv :hallo:

So...now we have EW, arsey and Jackie all applying for jobs. Must be something in the air! Your interview yesterday sounded very positive arsey, even if you didn't actually get the job - I think you can and should take encoragement from it.

It's a really beautiful autumnal day here - blue skies, sunshine, dew on the grass and slightly chilly.

Comment

Morning Jackie and pinky

Comment

Morning Pinkles, morning Reccybear.
                  Have to zooooooooooooooooooom as there's a distant sound of rattling car keys.
                  Bacinabit.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Still here pretending to be asleep :H I really need to throw on some clothes and take the beast for his constitionals but its that autumn chill in the air putting me off. I'm determined (well I was deteremined) that the dreaded heating should stay off until October but its bloody freezing this morning so we shall see.

Isn't it amazing how popular you get to be as the "festive" season approaches? One mention of the Christmas dinner at work and a number of colleagues have begun to make vague enquiries as to whether I might be driving in the day of the feast (piss up). I have to smile when people who don't normally give you the time of day are all over me like a bad rash at the though of a free lift home! Hate to disappoint but my car has been full for weeks ...

Comment

morning all, off for my shopping trip today, going to enjoy a nice day out n maybe treat myself to an album or two if I can afford it. Lunch is on the wife, then a trip to my mother's to pick up some kitchen supplies she promised me for uni. Starting to get very very nervous about monday's results. As I'm writing this I'm suddenly realising it's day 21 for me so I shoulddddd be 3 weeks AF tomorrow hoping monday doesn't screw things up now as 30 days is not looking too far away, n being a student who doesn't drink sounds like some pretty sound financial planning xD will catch ya'll later with tales of exciting purchases (like notebooks and pens haha)

-inchy
                      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Morning army its drizzling rain here and mornings and evening are cooler but still not too cold for heating yet. Its starts to get warmer bout noon and we have had some good sunny spells. The stove sounds fab Molly and great if it cuts down the heating costs. I have gas and I just heard there is to be an increase of 20% this year. Enjoy your dinner with work mates tonight its been ages since I was out to dinner at a restaurant. Spider I think your best staying in bed rather than an afternoon of someone moaning about a promotion she didn't deserve that wud wear me down lol. Tipps nice to hear you and Mrs T enjoyed a spur of the moment break sounds lovely. Good luck to all job hunting and to Inchy and ukb starting uni. Have to head to Dun Laoghaire town later so hope the rain stops. I bought a nice pair of coloured diesel jeans in a closing down sale in the town for 20e but they were too long in the leg so left them I to be shortened so I want to collect them today. Got my hair done last night and happy with the colour and cut I got it a bit shorter but still in a bob so not sure if I got too much but it grows down quick enough. Have a super Saturday i'll pop back later.out::cat:awprint:

Comment

Xpost inchy well done on 21 days and enjoy your afternoon sounds lovely.

Comment

Morning Army :hallo:

Quick shout in to say hallo and hope ye all have a loverly Saturday

On the late shift today and running behind so must be off again! Laters xxx

Comment

Good on yer Inchy - hope your day out is fab

Back after walking the hound and still not feeling like doing much but if I don't shake myself soon all three of us will starve, used the last of the dog food half an hour ago so better get meself in the shower I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X