Army Thread Sunday 8th Sept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning inchy best of luck with your results tomorrow. Let us know how you get on. It would be a real shame to break your AF run now, regardless of the outcome of the tests, you're doing so wlll and not too far away from making it to a whole month. Don't blame you for not wanting to go for a swim today. I'm hoping to get out for a run myself later.

Are you gonna be running the rule over the new BF Jackie? Where did Jenny find him?

Comment

mollyka;1553394 wrote: For those of you familiar with the 'Joey' scenario in my house - came home last night to a BEWILDERING scenario ---- Joe in bed and Joey IN THE GARAGE with his mates ---- FFFFFFFSSSSS!!!! Apparently Joey told Joe they had 'nowhere to go' and it was raining - so he told them they could go in there until 10.30 -- and me ANGSTING about how to tell Joey that Joe would NEVER let them in the garage again as long as they all should live!!
      I give up!!!!
      Oh FFS but can't help smiling. He didn't do this face did he?

Recluse;1553401 wrote:

Are you gonna be running the rule over the new BF Jackie? Where did Jenny find him?
      Harrogate. She did a few weeks down there as General Manager and he's a part time supervisor. His full time job is a car mechanic.
      Poor beggar's getting a baptism of fire. My SIL and her 2 girls are coming and my cuz and her 3 are coming. The kids will give their opinions there and then.
      I'll just sit back and watch how he deals with them. Mwa ha ha ha.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1553403 wrote: Oh FFS but can't help smiling.
        I did have a little chuckle myself...

JackieClaire;1553403 wrote:
        Harrogate. She did a few weeks down there as General Manager and he's a part time supervisor. His full time job is a car mechanic.
        Poor beggar's getting a baptism of fire. My SIL and her 2 girls are coming and my cuz and her 3 are coming. The kids will give their opinions there and then.
        I'll just sit back and watch how he deals with them. Mwa ha ha ha.
        Gawd...I'm starting to feel sorry for him already!

Comment

Marning Incherooo,

Recluse;1553404 wrote: I did have a little chuckle myself...

Gawd...I'm starting to feel sorry for him already!
          TBH so am I especially my cousin's middle one. He could become a professional interrogator for the MI5. He's 8.

Ooh thought of the day for Amy.

A retractable dog lead.

Playful Pets Retractable Dog Lead - 5m | GO Outdoors

Means you could sit on the back door step and let her scamper about.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1553406 wrote: TBH so am I especially my cousin's middle one. He could become a professional interrogator for the MI5. He's 8.
            :H:H:H

Did I ever mention my dad once worked for MI5? Not as a professional interrogator, I hasten to add.

JackieClaire;1553406 wrote:
            Ooh thought of the day for Amy.

A retractable dog lead.

Playful Pets Retractable Dog Lead - 5m | GO Outdoors

Means you could sit on the back door step and let her scamper about.
            Funny you should mention that, cos I was planning to go to the pet store tomorrow to try to find a long lead of some description so she can wander around the back garden while I do a spot of weeding before winter sets in. Making it retractable would make even more sense. Thanks for the suggestion, I really do welcome your input cos I know you've a lot of experience with dogs and I'm floundering a bit! :upset:

Comment

:wavin: Army

See you laters, Molls. Just back from the shops myself. Purchase of the day: electric can opener with knife sharpening feature. I used mum's arthritic hands as an appropriate justification.

Reccie: we bought Jasmine one of those body harnesses for walking. Makes a huge difference when it comes to getting them to walk properly and not pull on the leash.

That poor, poor boy... I feel sorry for him. Talk of trial by fire A big happy birthday to Jenz, though. :woot:
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ahh we're quite nice really.

Poor Mr JC met all the aged aunts and uncles (8 couples) all at the same time at one of their mega wedding anniversary dos.

He was taken round the room by the most senior aged aunt and asked one couple which aunt & uncle they were.

'Oh' says they 'We're not related, we're the next door neighbours)

His poor face.

The BF has got it easy today.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon army. Dull and a bit chilly here but the rain has stopped since this morning. Just chilling this afternoon and going to watch a dvd called hope springs I got from the library. Tipps I bought one of those electric can openers with knife sharpener and it also a bottle opener on it too. I got it a few years ago from a big electrical outlet we have here called Power City. It was reduced from 19.99 to 13e so being a bit of gadget lover I bought as it was in the sale. Never used the knife or bottle opener part but its great for opening tins without the ring pull and really quick. It has a magnet for the lid also. A handy yoke altogether:H. Feeling a sniffly today with a runny nose and sneezing a bit feels like I have a bit of a cold may be due to the change in weather but cud be worse. Hope you all have a super Sunday.:television:out:

Comment

Finally got back, but all jobs now done for the day and tomorrow's lunch in the fridge. Only thing left is to go and finish dinner and walk Lord Charles, currently he is reclining on his sofa and I have peace.

Had no real plans for today so have done very little, can thoroughly recommend it.

Hope your blood test result is what you're hoping for and if its not then with any luck it'll be going in the right direction Inchy.
                    AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

JackieClaire;1553430 wrote: Ahh we're quite nice really.

Poor Mr JC met all the aged aunts and uncles (8 couples) all at the same time at one of their mega wedding anniversary dos.

He was taken round the room by the most senior aged aunt and asked one couple which aunt & uncle they were.

'Oh' says they 'We're not related, we're the next door neighbours)

His poor face.

The BF has got it easy today.
                      :H:H:H
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mollyka;1553472 wrote: Afternoon Foxy and Sylv! Simon and Jamie have just headed off - we had a luverly visit - he's a barrel of laughs the young fella!
                        Now all I've to do is stick a bit of meat in the oven for later and feet up and watch some cricket and hurling --- noice ;-)
                        Knowing you, it won't just be any piece of meat
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:wavin: Spidey

Foxy: I've already tried the sharpener bit. Works like a charm. Some really nice knives of mine are now usable again. I never had one of those steel buther's sharpener thingies. Not sure what they're called.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Howyiz Army !
                            I'm back .......... and made it through my first holiday in a long time sober :yay: - and without killing anyone.
                            Took AB on Thursday morning after mucho debates in my head.

Lovely place - lovely weather - lots of groups of men - 'golfing' - and groups of women on the razz. Made for some interesting people watching during the day at the pool where yesterday it was one of the 'girls' 40th birthday.They started with champagne for breakfast and went all day - such stamina :egad:

Great place too for sitting in the evening watching the beautiful ( and not so beautiful) people go by / great restaurants ...... t'was all good !
                            What's the craic here?
                            Stoves ?
                            Weddings?
                            Interviews?

Comment

Working...
                            X