WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my past recently, especially my childhood and the dreams I had for when I grew up...

There were two things I would have loved to have done, acting or teaching, but for various reasons I did neither, and I just wondered what you all wanted to be when you grew up and did you achieve it...

Louise xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Always wanted to be a photographer, which I succeeded in. Also dearly wanted to be a wildlife vet but that was beyond my academic ability! Wanted to stay in Africa even though the rest of the family winged it. That I thank God I managed.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

I wanted to be a vet. My middle-European parents felt a University education was wasted on girls. Think I'm still grumpy? You bet.

Comment

All I ever wanted to do was be a jockey, be the first girl to win the Derby. I did work in a racing yard, for about 2 months, I was useless, used to fall off the hack !!

Comment

Hi Louise, I wanted to be a midwife...but i was too busy having 5 kids
          Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

LISA, YOU CRACK ME UP....

A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Its true Louise, and Macks wanted to be a doctor but...well he was too busy helping me

Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

I wanted to be a fireman actually...I went to college for it and everything...

Then one day my dad pointed out that there will be times when you cant save people...or sometimes we might get there too late...And he asked me if i could cope with seeing some horrific scenes...Involving men women and children..

And i thought no...I wouldnt be able to handle that.
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

An actress, ummm say people say I'm a pretty good one now! You should see my performance of "why I had to have those expensive shoes" My husbsand says some of my better work. (But honestly ladies we all are little actresses in the bedroom on some nights.) Secondly I wanted to be a lawyer, so I could save the world and free all those women who say"Yeah, I killed him, and I'd do it again to because he was a bastard!!!" Damn, I could be a actrss playing a lawyer. Ideal. Louise!! I need therapy now to figure it out.
                  Smiles Mary

Comment

Well,
                    First I wanted to be a policewoman but I was half an inch too small, so then zookeeper, but needed a degree. same with Nat. Parks & Wildlife Service.
                    Started my degree but my husband got very ill so I didn't finish it.
                    So ended up a clerk, but managed a couple of photographic exhibitions.

Elizabeth, I love your avatar and was going to comment on it a week or so ago. Now I know why it is so captivating. Do you get to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition?
                    I used to do my own cibachromes. Now all my darkroom stuff is packed away and I just bought a Canon EOS 30D. Do you want to buy my Nikon F100 and lenses?

Comment

At age 6 I wanted to be a fireman. At age 15, I wanted to be a writer. At 17, I wanted to be a surgeon, but my best friend thought I was really sick to be interested in that. At 20, I decided that I wanted to be a psychotherapist, and that is what I did.
                      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I wanted to be a Mom. I ended up in corporate communications and public relations for 16 years and now I am in real estate after suffering corporate burnout. Now I am 40 and its now or never. If I am ever lucky enough to have a child, I doubt my PR and "corporate communicating" skills will be of any use!

Mr and Mrs Macks - after 5 kids, shouldn't they just give you the diplomas already and let you deliver all the babies??? (I think you know what you are doing....!!!)
                        Hawk

Comment

Hawk,

I have 2 little ones and have been in sales/marketing for my whole career. Believe me, great communication skills, persuasion, and most of all, patience will pay off as a Mom! You will be super, hope you get there, they are lots of work, but much more joy!

PHelen

Comment

Hawk dear, my mother had my baby sister @40my good friend had one at 41. She had tried for years with in-vitro, fertility treatments you name it thousands of dollars spent. Once she said enough, its God's will whether or not I have a baby. She has a beautiful little girl who is now 3. So go for it. You'll be great I think you have more patience as your older. I wish you well
                            Mary

Comment

Thinking back....
                              I wanted to be a stewardess (this is before they became flight attendants), then I wanted to be married to Davey Jones (The Monkeys). Later, a policeman (Angie Dickenson from Policewoman). Have a dated myself? Then a mom!!!
                              But never a drunk!!!
                              Abby

Comment

Working...
                              X