WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It amazes me what this thread has brought back to mind such a long time ago. WOW. Nice one.

Now in my mid 50's, it'll be 40 years ago that I hit the biggest fork in my life; I had received offers of apprenticeships with both Jaguar and Lotus (fancy English sport car manufacturers) which I thought could get me into designing race cars. (Yep big dreams) BUT, my parents, while knowing that I had made the applications, in particular my mother was furious that I would even consider this option rather than continuing school and going to university, the roadmap she had planned for me.

So I was forced into staying in school and going to uni. Now I design and build sewage treatment plants, not the career I had anticipated. It has been rewarding to know I've been doing something to help the environment and limit pollution of this fragile planet, however there has always been that but what if, lingering in the dull recesses and wondering, hmmm.

You can see I've always been and still am a car nut, but what if ...?
    :racer:

Comment

I wanted to be a news reader and also a vet. I got close enough to the news reader bit by way of acting/modelling in my late teens/early 20's but the academic attitude didn't quite cut it for vet science! lol

Doo
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Hi,
        I wanted to be a vet but when my parents divorced I had to give up my horse so lost interest in that and studying. I tried banking but it was crap. Then studied hotel management which I finished and then dropped out to France and lived the good life. I never wanted to be a Mum but the broodyness hit anyway and I am now expecting my fourth and am loving it!
        Suz
        Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

You mean, when I grow up? :crazymonkey:
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
          X