Here We go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here We go

Alright guys just got the phone with my Mom, subject of my Daughter came up and Mom said she asked "do you think Mom(me) has really stopped drinking?" My Mother said yes I really belived she has. I told my Mom I haven't totally stopped that I have 1-2 glasses of wine a night but it takes about 5 hours to go through thoses. I haven't told anyone about this website in particular because this is where I come for encouragement to rant etc. Should I tell my daughter the name of this website and let her look around? I really don't want her reading my posts. I would be easily found on here by my name and general bio. info. I Have told my daughter that I have an online support group and I take supplements and have found a wonderful program. I don't hesistate to tell people who aren't closely connected to me about MWO. My other question is, if Noelle (my daughter didn't belive me then why did she let me take my Grandson and keep him for several nights just 2 weeks ago? Before this last "blowup" we had; I think she is drinking her Husband's Kool-Aid. Any how my Mother told me she was proud of me, that means so much I didn't hear that growing up. It usually went to the middle sister. Aren't they supposed to be the neglected ones. I'm the oldest and I have a baby sister and we can both tell you Middle chid neglect did not happen in our house. She got everything. Another issue for another day
    As Always Smiles
    Mary

Here We go

Simey,
    I personally would not let your daughter read your posts because this website is like your own personal diary. It's not that I don't trust Noelle but it's her boyfriend. You know she will most likely have him read this information you wrote about him and who knows what would happen
    once he sees it. I would hate to see anything bad happen just because you felt like sharing.
    People don't need to know what's all going on in that mind of yours.
    Hey, if Don Imus just kept his thoughts in his mind he wouldn't be in the trouble he is now! lol

Comment

Here We go

Happy, your right he would just find away to throw it all at me. He is such a jerk!! by the I agree with you on the Imus thing,you know I've heard worse on his program (like when they impersonate Mayor Naggin of New Orleans) But he should have kept his mouth shut. What is the old saying "better to keep your mouth shut and let the world suspect you a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"
      Thank You sweetie
      Mary

Comment

Here We go

Sometimes I feel like sharing this website because I think it is so wonderful, but then I think I would have to say less, or be less honest than I really want to because someone would recognize me. Keep it to yourself for now. He is a jerk and would end up hurting you or your daugther with this knowledge.
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Here We go

Hi Mary,
          It sounds like you need to keep the site for yourself right now. It takes family a while to register our changes, and your daughter probably will be the most discerning..so, just give her time..you don't need to prove anything, she'll see positive changes in time...I say this because just recently my oldest daughter and I came to a tense moment when we discussed my therapy..I have shared some things about my therapist, etc...well, given the conversation, I could tell that I would have been much wiser to keep those kinds of conversations amongst my own peers..my daughter likes to think she is mature enough to handle whatever it is that I would want to share, but I'm learning that she isn't ready, for various reasons, to percieve what I'm going through as a woman..she couldn't understand some things because she is still veiwing me through her own wounded child eyes..if that makes any sense.

btw..I'm definitely the middle child in the traditional sense! 7 kids..3 older (including a twin) and 3 younger.
          :0)

Comment

Here We go

This is a part of my life where I am not judged, vent my frustrations, laugh, cry, share my worries & feeling re: alcohol -all without having to have to explain myself.

If I showed my hubby this site (which he knows about) but not by name-he'd probably read a post about someone having an "oops" and would ask me how such things help me stay AF. If the program worked why the "oops" etc. More questions-more explaining-more things he still doesn't comprehend about this disease. One of these days I'll highlight the book & hand it too him. LOL! But he is very supportive of this group b/c he sees that it is helping me.

I'd be leary letting your daughter read b/c of her reading what you wrote about her & her idiot. As long as she's noticed a difference for the better is all that matters. And that's great that your mom noticed too! Even when we have children of our own it's still nice to hear mom say she's proud of you.
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Here We go

I tell my daughter, Renee, everything, we are best friends. She's never been too hard on me with alcohol, just that she doesn't like me too much when I drink too much. But, I would keep this site for, there are somethings we need apart from our family, somethings that just define us as individuals and not mothers.

Comment

Here We go

As moms and daughters there is so much we don't know about each other -- and in many ways that is OK and in many ways that is too bad. I think you should keep MWO for yourself - it's too bad your daughter can't see some parts -- how much you are liked and respected and how funny you are and how supportive and kind and how much you love her and your grandson. Then again, I don't think there is anything to be gained by her viewing the posts about the boyfriend -- that she has to figure that out on her own. And, since she is her mama's daughter she will, eventually, hopefully.
                Mama T.
                Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Working...
                X