Anyone try AF alone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try AF alone ?

Gambler I quit without meds or counselling, like you perhaps I caught myself early enough that the physical withdrawals were manageable. The psychological withdrawals were way tougher and secluding myself for the first weeks helped. I'm now AF over three months and am finding it easier and easier to be around drinkers. Everyone knows I quit, no one pressures me to drink. I no longer feel deprived, I feel grateful. This is not meant to brag it is meant to inspire. Time is the greatest of healers!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Anyone try AF alone ?

Sake123;1555885 wrote: Hi Gambler - Just wanted to swing by and say congrats on staying the course.

Glad you went to your kids soccer game. I think it's good to get out in the world (just a little bit at a time).

Anyway - I'm really glad to hear that you're making this work! Stay on target - I like it!!
      Thank you Sake. Yea that was Practice .. yesterdays Game went to crap fast lol. Thank you for your encouragement

3June2013;1555906 wrote:
      Gambler I quit without meds or counselling, like you perhaps I caught myself early enough that the physical withdrawals were manageable. The psychological withdrawals were way tougher and secluding myself for the first weeks helped. I'm now AF over three months and am finding it easier and easier to be around drinkers. Everyone knows I quit, no one pressures me to drink. I no longer feel deprived, I feel grateful. This is not meant to brag it is meant to inspire. Time is the greatest of healers!
      Thank you for the inspiration .. Ill take it wherever I can find it :h

The Physical withdrawals are easy for me atm .. the psychological affects of just AL seems easy for me as well.

However..when I combine other aspect to AF life it gets .. complicated.

Staying in my "Alone Zone" is IMO the best for my mental stability as well as the Restructuring of my life.

I think its best for me to stay away from "the old life". Not just for my sake .. but for the sake of certain Others...I dont think they would like what I have to say.

A storm is on the way...I can feel it.

Dave
      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Anyone try AF alone ?

Yes I've done it dozens of times . first time I did it the withdrawals were horrible even with some valium to help with the anxiety , but after 3 days I was feeling on top of the world . That was when I found this site and the live chat room was always active . That helped a lot to alleviate the loneliness of secluding myself from all my drinking friends . That was 4 years ago and I lasted 60 days , since then I've stopped for a few weeks every 2-3 months . If it was easy it wouldn't be a problem , but i'm determined to keep trying . Focusing on the ability to stop I find better than knocking yourself down for failing , your only one day away from sobriety .
        Best of luck to you .
        Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
        Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Working...
        X