AF Wine that's not completely disgusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the label is "Ariel" and it's made by the J Lohr winery in San Jose CA. I tried the Rouge and it's pretty darn drinkable..wow! Very unlike the liquid disgrace that I've tried previously under different labels. They claim that this AF/NA wine actually won a tasting against regular alcoholic wines...neato! I found it by chance at the local Raleys supermarket. And no it did not make me feel like drinking alcohol or anything crummy.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Hi there Dx,

I remember with the other members, we had similar discussions regarding alcohol-free beer. At least with alcohol-free beer, the issue is that it is not truly a-free. As with alcohol-free wine, there might actually be a real benefit in its consumption. Though, I frankly wonder (and that's just a personal opinion) whether it might be a shortcut to renewed addiction. So just watch out ... The mind is tricky. You know, you're talking to a red wine lover. You want to try this Ch?teau, and after a while, you're tired of this flavour, you want to try that year ... you wouldn't want to stick to just one type of grape ...

Just a thought ...

(And I'm talking here putting myself in your shoes, if I may, Dx, just coming out of hospital ... sorry, that might sound REALLY presumptuous, but I know if I wasn't on Topa I was SO totally going that way, too)
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Reminds me of something funny

There is a pill that has all the benefits of wine, but without the alcohol.

Its called a grape. :H
      where does this go?

Comment

Good one Morrison!
        :H :H :H :H
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I am buying a case...maybe stock in the company!!!! Didn't have garlic in it, did it...LOL

Comment

D, That doesn't surprise me J lohr makes excellent wine. By the way thought of you last night when I made the crapload of garlic tenderloin. It was very very good
            smiles
            Mar

Comment

Garlic tenderloin...aw, I was in a crappy mood dealing with tech support all morning and you just made my day Simey!
              Paddy, your warnings are valid and appreciated...yes the brain is a very tricky thing indeed.
              Morrison, it's true that grapes and grape juice have the polyphenols that wine is known for, my main challenge is finding something to drink with dinner that's not too sweet. and water is fine but sometimes I need a little change.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X