Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing My Focus

Hello All,

Just needing a little support...I'm feeling disappointed in myself. I have been using the drinktracker, and it is so hard to ignore when its staring at you in the face. In the past ten days, I drank wine five of the nights. I had set a personal goal of drinking no more than two nights a week at the most. Obviously, these last two weeks I have been losing my focus. Yes. I am drinking less than before I started out at MYO, but I still feel that I have let myself down. I reread MYO book yesterday. Unfortunately, I was out of town for a few days (and drank both nights) and was not able to log on here. I credit coming here in the evenings to a lot of my sober nights. Just needed to vent a little bit to someone other than myself.

Julie

Losing My Focus

Dear Julie,

It's true, if you're not in your usual routine (i.e. out of town, and in hotel rooms, etc), it's much harder to follow your AF determination. Just consider it a slip. You'll be ok.

You reckon you'll be back to your regular rhythm anytime soon?

Hang in there -

Hugs,
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Losing My Focus

Hey Julie,
      You still did better than you had before - so that's a positive sign! Have you tried any supps? I find kudzu to be a wonder - made AF a breeze for me after years of daily drinking. Anyway, give yourself a pat on the back for the improvement and don't beat yourself up for not being perfect.
      Mama T.
      Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

Losing My Focus

I hear you Julie. I'm feeling the same way and almost don't want to go near the drink tracker each day as I have to count the number of drinks I had the night before.

Well, I think at least you are aware of the current feelings and maybe re-rading the book will help you gain some idea of where to go from here. Have you tried doing the 30 days abs first?

*hug*
        Doo
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Losing My Focus

Thanks for the responses. I'm definitely trying to get back to my regular rhythm. I've been using most of the supps. I just added L-glut and amino acids today--needed the extra boost for my willpower. Thirty days seems like too much to handle right away. I'm afraid of setting myself up for failure. I was trying to break my habit of drinking up to five times a week first and then try to go AF for longer stretches. I was doing pretty good for a few weeks. Tomorrow will be Day 2 AF. Just having a blue day. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Julie

Comment

Losing My Focus

Julie, you are drinking less than before and that is a very positive thing. You remember the night before right? So Your not falling down drunk. Up your supplements a little. I have noticed in the nearly 3 months that I have been doing this, sometimes I do have to tweak the l-glut to control cravings.
            Don't give up ever.
            Smiles
            Mar

Comment

Working...
            X