is this site confidential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Chief that it shouldn't be that creepy as long as you use an alias that is not obvious as to who it is personal privacy should still be intact. UN was also referring to Chill Girl and Chill's belief that her account was hacked. That's a different story because the hacker would have her email address and with her email address someone could do a search and locate who the person really is. After I read about that I changed my password to something much less obvious and easy.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

You can definitely and most effectively search the site via google. When I want to find my way back to a post or find information that I want, I search the query and "my way out" on Google. It draws up all the results in a far more organized fashion than the search functions here, which I find rather frustrating. I like the google connection for that reason. However, the flip side is that people could find the personal posts and make the connection depending upon how specific you are. This is rather troubling, and I had not thought of that side of the coin.

I would recommend making that less searchable from Google. HOWEVER, the search function on this forum must be improved a thousand-fold. It is NOT complete nor does it draw up results in a clear or easy to read and understand relevance manner.
      Shiney!

Comment

I changed my screen name to one no one in my real life knows. Who cares if Sunbeam's posts come up with a Google search? Photos are a different story. They can often be tracked by location, and some people post photos connected with their real name.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

That's a good point Sunbeam. I think my children's photos will not be appearing from now on.

also I think Chill had an instance of harassment (old boyfriend??) that she was dealing with so she was on Red Alert!
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
          X