Relapse/slip on 23/7/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse/slip on 23/7/13

Had a relapse while the cat was away the mice will play and that was me...
    Not had a drink since 24/7 need to change my date down the bottom, but right don't have time.
    Come across this card that someone give me a few years ago ....
    I need to read this every day because since January that how it been !

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as
    they sometimes will; when the
    road you're trudging seems all
    uphill; when funds are low and
    Debts are High and when you want to
    smile but you have to sigh; when care is
    pressing you down a bit rest,
    if you must, but don't you quit.
    Life is strange with its twists and turns
    as every one of us sometimes learns,
    and many a failure turns about when
    they might have won had they stuck it out.
    Don't give up thought the pace seems slow,
    and may succeed with
    another blow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    God's hidden gift in the clouds of doubt,
    You never can tell how close you are,
    it may be near when it seems so far.
    So stick to the fight when you're
    hardest hit.
    Its when things seem worst
    that you must not quit.

Just wanted to post this today sorry if i cant reply back to your post don't have pc.

Catch22 x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Relapse/slip on 23/7/13

Hiya Catch.

Nice to see you mate.

I like this from your quote above.

You never can tell how close you are,
    it may be near when it seems so far.
    So stick to the fight when you're
    hardest hit.
    Its when things seem worst
    that you must not quit.

How are you doing?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Relapse/slip on 23/7/13

Thanks Mr G , ( so do i ) its always good to get one reply that ask how you are . I hope you are doing well in yourself my friend., And everyone else who is reading this. Am doing just great , its beeen hard this year for me with life troubles and stress. Am working on myself am going to get myself a serenity journal so that i will be writing in every day to help me with the things i can not change and the things i can and learn from my wisdom from it. And to accept it . It all good stuff, been writing a journal every day on myself because, i know for me its a inside job for me.

Oh good news another grandchild on the way in october going to be a boy. Loooking forward to this little baby to be born x
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Relapse/slip on 23/7/13

Hi Catch and congrats on the new grandchild to be. I am yet to be a nanna but daughter getting married in November so not long away. Can you tell me what happened on the 23/7/13 that got you to drink again. Some years are better than others i always say and this year i am grateful that no one has died and my children are all ok (though one did come home with an ICE addiction) but he is doing really well. You do have a positive and you have beaten AL before. He is like a best friend in times of need problem is we dont need friends like that.

Welcome back anyways and you are in the best place. x
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Relapse/slip on 23/7/13

Thanks for the inspirational post Catch. Hope you are doing alright today.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
          X