Liver pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver pain

Not chronic, not all the time but Day 11 and still getting twingeNdola my right midriff side on and stabs near where I would imagine my pancreas is. Is this normal. Am I imagining it? Feeling fit otherwise and eating healthy with plenty of exercise.
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Liver pain

i get that pain too if ive drank too much,usually it goes away but you should probly go to the doc just to be sure
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Liver pain

Hi Pauly and Softly. You both should get this checked out by a dr. One of the great myths alcoholics have is that the liver will heal itself. Yes, it can but not always. Often there is more damage going on than what we are aware of. You do not want to get to the irreversible stage of damage. By then It's not just AL that becomes toxic but many other foods as well as much medication. I don't want to be alarmist but I think the pains need attention by a dr sooner rather than later

Comment

Liver pain

i have had liver pain for years, i guess i always just ignored it

strangely, when off drink it has gone away totally

Comment

Liver pain

yeah,mine goes away if i dont drink,i get screened yearly for liver,cholesterol etc,everythings a o.k
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Liver pain

i wouldnt like to actually see my liver...........

Comment

Liver pain

Keep in mind that there are almost no nerves in the liver, and no nerve endings at all, and that even serious damage can be present without feeling any pain. Conversely, "liver pain" doesn't come from the liver.

Most often the pain comes from an (inflamed) pancreas, or from an enlarged liver that pushes against other organs (that may or may not be inflamed). This enlargement comes from the conversion from alcohol to glycogen (the same thing happens when you consume a lot of sugar BTW, which is why there are now kids with non-alcoholic fatty livers).

Comment

Liver pain

Chief Bromden;1557829 wrote: Keep in mind that there are almost no nerves in the liver, and no nerve endings at all, and that even serious damage can be present without feeling any pain. Conversely, "liver pain" doesn't come from the liver.

Most often the pain comes from an (inflamed) pancreas, or from an enlarged liver that pushes against other organs (that may or may not be inflamed). This enlargement comes from the conversion from alcohol to glycogen (the same thing happens when you consume a lot of sugar BTW, which is why there are now kids with non-alcoholic fatty livers).
                ouch :upset:

Comment

Liver pain

Many thanks guys - time to bite the bullet and see the doc then it seems

Comment

Liver pain

My Dr. Does a lot of research in liver health. He gave me, not because of my alcoholic history, but gives all patients over the age of 35 this recipe for 'unplugging' the liver. I guess even without alcohol, our liver gets blocked up from foods, etc......

He says to eat 1/4 raw beat, 1/2 an apple and 4 baby carrots every day. It seems manageable. Also to cut right down on meat and dairy, and of course sugar.

He swears that if we have a healthy liver, we will be healthy. He also said that the human body is capable of reproducing each and every cell in 17 months. So, if you start on an ultra healthy lifestyle every cell will be replenished in just under a year and a half.

Have I done this........ not so much. I do try to drink lots of water and also lemon water...... eat healthy as I feel I can. Haven't given his 'liver detox' a whirl yet.

But anyway, thought I would share this with you and others. I found it intriguing.

Comment

Liver pain

Where can I find info on the Liver detox? I can eat carrots and apples no problem but raw beet root? Are you kidding?

Comment

Liver pain

There are lots of fresh beet juices @ Whole Foods and similar stores. They are very good.

Comment

Liver pain

I had heard beet root is good for the liver, never thought of it being available as a juice. Must have a look for it. I take milk thistle but not sure if this does any good or it is just placebo

Comment

Liver pain

I too take milk thistle, not sure if it helps. I had pancreatitis in March. I was told to eat a lot of green vegetables to heal my fatty liver and also for the pancreas. Also cut down on the sugar

Comment

Working...
                            X