mcmillan 'go sober for october!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just browsing the net and came across McMillan cancer supports new fundraising scheme - sponsored sobriety for the month of october! this is the website

Go Sober 2013

I signed up, personally I think its a great idea, it gets people to stop drinking and helps raise money for cancer care! Let me know what you all think
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

YAY - great idea Inchy and it will give you some extra motivation. You're doing so well these days; it's wonderful to hear your positive posts. :h
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

I would like to join in and have been in contact with the UK McMillan Centre to see if we in Canada have sister set up with the pledge money going to a corresponding cancer help centre..I think I may have to start one up myself.
      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      Lao-Tzu

Comment

I'm unsure about these sponsored events, it's getting people to give money for something we'd do anyway - it's not going out of our way, it's doing something we NEED to do. I'm sober anyway so it's not like an effort.

I have however passed the details to my friends inviting them to have a go.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

UK, its just an added incentive in my case, and a way of using what I need to do to help others as well
          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
          X