Army Thread... 20th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jingos? I?ve been sat here TRANSFIXED by Mollers and Pinky?s conversation. Pinky? you have some incredible insight on this subject!

You know what? yer wan indoors does the STUPIDEST shit when he?s stressed. Here?s a good example? He feeds the cats their breakfast as he?s always up before me? and he won?t feed them when he?s stressed? yet he loves the cats. And this is FIRST THING in the morning when he?s meant to be rested. I have a wee bit of a male brain myself and I know that he?s not being cruel to the cats, he just honestly forgets. (Which blows my mind, but that?s another thing!) He can also be a pain in the arse with myself when he?s stressed? and it?s a lot more serious than not feeding the cats? but that?s another subject also!!!

I don?t think it?s wrong to expect caring from your life partner Molls. But Pinky made a damn good point. People?s brains work differently. I really hope it is the case that Joe is just preoccupied with worry (well I don?t wish that on Joe obviously but you know what I mean!). How about you tell yourself you?re taking a back seat for a couple of days? let him get on with his angst or whatever? I?ll betcha once he realizes you?re not responding he?ll come a running. ;o) To be honest though? when I see the ?disconnect? with him indoors I tackle it head on and find out what?s going on. Once he talks about it he starts to think clearer. And the cats get fed their breakfast! Ach, whatever you do, take care of yourself. Shop till ye drop!

Thanks for that convo Pinky. I?ve been thinking about the way my mind works recently and was coming to the conclusion I tick a bit like a man does. I think it was the way I was brought up? in a family of women that had to take care of the men?s jobs too. It can be a blessing and a curse as I understand how guys ?tick? but I?m not as ?girly? as most fellers would like. You know what though? I is me and they can like it or lump it! )

Girly? Will you do us a favour and keep checking in with us? At least for the next couple of days. I was a terrible drinker? at my peak I was downing 1.75L of alcohol (not wine) a day? actually more some days. I know how it can feck up your organs and you are definitely having warning signs there my friend? I?m not going to go ?hard line? either (as that?s not what I do!) but I do think you need to sit up and take notice now. Your body is telling you to stop. You know, I think we view the stopping in the wrong light. We see it as being a negative thing? I guess that is part of what AL does to our brains. Really, we should see it as a positive? like ?Yeah Fucking A! I?m not going to be feeling sick and hungover!? But it?s like someone?s stealing our favourite toy? lol It?s not as big a mountain to climb as you feel it is right now. Take it as it comes, and have faith in yourself. It is do-able.

News from the home front. I?m supposed to be learning how to use a gun. :upset: We've had a lot of break-ins recently and we're all a bit worried. It sounds like I live in an awful hood but I really don't... and this is NOT what I expected when I bought here. We've had a gun since the BF moved in but I won't touch it. Now the manual is out so I'll at least read it. I'm not happy about this whole deal at all but I suppose it is the American way. I don't even know how to load the fucking thing. Scared of blowing a hole in myself to be honest!

I'm really not sure why I have such an aversion. But I do.

I suppose talking about it just now is the first step.

satz123;1558681 wrote:
    How very dare you !:bat: We always dress up in The Valley !!!
    Don't be coming over here in yer 'ol trakkie - posh -- really ???
    :H

Have fun with the knackers over there at Lifey Mollers. If yer run into Satz, let us know!

Comment

Comment

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh she's gorgeous Reccy! No wonder you're smitten! She's a wee doll.....

Comment

Her wee tail and all. It actually suits her... looks perfectly balanced.

She's mega cute... :h

Comment

Zenstyle;1558776 wrote: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh she's gorgeous Reccy! No wonder you're smitten! She's a wee doll.....
              Thanks zenny! How are dougie and hamish these days?

Comment

Reccy, you know how to make a man clucky dontcha?! :H

Comment

Jayzus he's got me clucky myself! I'm now back to thinking about getting a puppy again thanks to Reccy and Amy!!! :H

Hamish and Dougie are both asleep on the spare bed with all fours in the air Reccy. They constantly play fight but they're never far away from each other... wee buddies if you ask me!

Comment

RunningCourage;1558796 wrote: Reccy, you know how to make a man clucky dontcha?! :H
                    Hiya arsey

Have you decided whether you're going to take the Aberdeen job yet? (Apologies if you've already said and I missed it.)

Zenstyle;1558797 wrote:
                    Jayzus he's got me clucky myself! I'm now back to thinking about getting a puppy again thanks to Reccy and Amy!!! :H

Hamish and Dougie are both asleep on the spare bed with all fours in the air Reccy. They constantly play fight but they're never far away from each other... wee buddies if you ask me!
                    Ah...that's good!

See you're going to be learning how to use a gun zenners. Will you actually be doing target practice somewhere?

Comment

Recluse;1558799 wrote: Hiya arsey

Have you decided whether you're going to take the Aberdeen job yet? (Apologies if you've already said and I missed it.)
                      Yeah - accepted the Aberdeen one (I aont got anything else so need to go where the dough is...) ...Having said that, one of the org's I got a job interview for has asked me back for another job interview for another job... though not sure of the job precisely!

Zen... it may be Amerkin to be a gun toter, but if you don't want to learn, you don't have to. Surely peace is made by those without guns than those with?

Tho' if you do learn... you wanna be on guard duty on the barracks door? :H Ive heard ders lions and tigers and pears outside...

Comment

Recluse;1558799 wrote:
                        See you're going to be learning how to use a gun zenners. Will you actually be doing target practice somewhere?
                        I've done target practice a few times at the range and I can actually shoot quite well. I just don't know how to load the fucking thing! I don't like dealing with that part of it at all. If someone hands it to me loaded I can point it at the target and shoot...

It's really weird. I'm normally quite good at "guy" stuff. Hate the bloody guns though.

Comment

RunningCourage;1558800 wrote: Yeah - accepted the Aberdeen one (I aont got anything else so need to go where the dough is...) ...Having said that, one of the org's I got a job interview for has asked me back for another job interview for another job... though not sure of the job precisely!
                          I reckon it makes sense to take the job arsey, even if it's not exactly what you want right now. Being asked back for another interview sounds quite promising though...hope something good comes of that!

RunningCourage;1558800 wrote:
                          Zen... it may be Amerkin to be a gun toter, but if you don't want to learn, you don't have to. Surely peace is made by those without guns than those with?

Tho' if you do learn... you wanna be on guard duty on the barracks door? :H Ive heard ders lions and tigers and pears outside...
                          Watch out for those pears zenners, they can be ever so dangerous!

Comment

RunningCourage;1558800 wrote: Yeah - accepted the Aberdeen one (I aont got anything else so need to go where the dough is...) ...Having said that, one of the org's I got a job interview for has asked me back for another job interview for another job... though not sure of the job precisely!

That's where I'm at with it! I'm between thinking "I shouldn't have to use a gun to make myself understood" and "Shit I need to have a gun"! But... the criminals don't respect my thoughts on not wanting to bear arms. Catch 22!

OK, I will go and get yer wan indoors gun now, and try and load the fecker, and I'm going to go and shoot them PEARS outside the barracks to smithereens!

Comment

Recluse;1558806 wrote:
                              Watch out for those pears zenners, they can be ever so dangerous!
                              :H:H:H

Nobody gets away with feck all on this thread, do they!!! :H

Comment

Will somebody with good eyes come and read these leases for me? FFS, I'm having to compare one to the other side by side on the screen and this is a feckin 17" laptop hardly a panoramic view! I need glasses for my glasses.... :upset:

I'm REALLY thinking about that lasik eye surgery.........

Comment

Working...
                                X