Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditation

Who practices meditation here?

It is something I have flirted with, but not for long.

Are there any good resources you have used? Guided mediations? Classes?

Meditation

I believe I posted a link to the original "Relaxation Response" meditation steps on the tool box thread.

I can't say I meditate regularly now, but it was an excellent tool to combat cravings when I needed it.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Meditation

Hi Londoner

I'm trying it just now - have been for a couple of months... every morning for 15mins. It's guided - free downloads form the internet. Some suit me. Some make me boak.
      I like it while I do it... but find it difficult to keep zen during the rest of the day!!

Comment

Meditation

I've tried it in treatment centres, always sent me to sleep within minutes which I believe is good but for this reason I wouldn't go to a class.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Meditation

Anyone done a vipassanna meditation course?
          Pretty hardcore. Had friends that did it - they were well into meditation, doing it for an hour or more each day.

vipassanna website
          (although the website is "dhamma.org" which reminds of LOST... :H

Comment

Meditation

Hi Londoner,

I began meditating in August and I feel it has helped me greatly. I used Thich Nhat Hanh's "The Miracle of Mindfulness" as a guide. It is pretty nuts and bolts, in that it describes what you are supposed to "do."

After daily practice for a couple of weeks, I began to feel calmer.
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Meditation

I do but probably not the type you are referring to Meditation is rooted in spiritually.
              Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Working...
              X