More drinking dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More drinking dreams

I know there have been a few posts on drinking dreams in the past but I had a real doozy last night. I haven't been drinking, I haven't been counting so don't exactly know how long. (a little over a week) I had a really vivid dream about drinking last night.

I dreamt that I was in a locker room and I snuck in a bottle of vodka in and slipped it into an empty locker away from my clothes. I was in the locker room and kept going back for sips trying not to have anyone see. I kept going back, one or two sips was not enough. I knew I had to drive home and I still kept sipping, then guzzling knowing i was taking a huge risk with drinking. I wasn't feeling drunk. I also ran into a woman from my past in the locker room who quit drinking after her husband left 5 years ago. The vodka bottle rolled onto the floor, she spotted it and I talked her into thinking it was soda. It was time to go home and I went through all sorts of shenanigans to try slip the vodka back into my bag. I stole someone's towel to try to cover it up. I never did get the vodka into my bag. The dream ended.

I very rarely have had any dreams involving alcohol while drinking. So my question is, what does it mean and how can I use this dream as a lesson to keep going on with my AF lifestyle?

More drinking dreams

I think its normal. I never really dream much will drink or drinking either now I dream all the time and a lot of it is about drinking. my ex is still really good friend and supporter. so they go and get better. it just takes a lot of time. maybe like a month maybe more. I hope it gets better for you to stay strong

Comment

More drinking dreams

Whilst you were in the dream, how did you feel about drinking again and the surrounding behaviours?
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

More drinking dreams

Hi UK,,I felt like I was hiding something, ashamed and embarrassed and anxious all at the same time. You know how in dreams you feel the feelings like they are real.

Comment

More drinking dreams

looking for peace;1560020 wrote: Hi UK,,I felt like I was hiding something, ashamed and embarrassed and anxious all at the same time. You know how in dreams you feel the feelings like they are real.
          This then is what you need to take from it, the horridness of drinking again and knowing you'll never go back there whatever.
          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

More drinking dreams

I have had four dreams about drinking in the past 74 AF days. When I was drinking, I never dreamed about drinking. I think AL is trying to worm its way back into my life and the dreams are my self-conscious reminding me of why I am grateful to be a nondrinker. In each dream, I was upset with myself for caving in or there was an intense struggle not to cave in. Always woke up glad it was only a dream.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

More drinking dreams

Ive had a multitude of drinking dreams. I always WANT to do it, I do, and then I feel terrible.

Maybe its our brains way of letting us know what it will do to us if we do drink....to keep us from doing it
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

More drinking dreams

I agree with Nelzie...I think it's the brains way of saying "this is what will happen and how you will feel after"....without you actually having to go through it. Listen to that brain of yours, it won't let you down
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

More drinking dreams

Looking - I heard that for the most part, we don't dream when we are drunk. It messes with REM sleep..which is why I hardly remember ever dreaming. And while I still haven't had a dream about drinking. The first thought that enters my mind when I wake up in the morning...is "Did I drink last night?!?!?" Pure panic courses through me for about 5 seconds and then I remember going to bed AF. I guess I would take the dream as a gentle reminder that we are never really cured of this obsession...we just leave it be. Or it could be that you equate alcohol with a stinky gym locker!

Comment

Working...
                  X