Army Thread September 24th 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1560726 wrote: I'm not sure what the safety instructions could be though. I suppose "jump out of that feckin thing there's a bloody wave coming!" could be one..... :H
    Or... OMFG!!! Look what's behind you!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560732 wrote: Crime is a bugger here too, Zennie.

Dunno if I ever told you, but my one neighbour and I run a community information channel via email to keep folks informed and aware. It does seem to make a difference, so go for it. Most of us have armed response too, I'm afraid
      No you never told me that. Would you mind flipping me a couple of the emails to give me idea?

We're thinking of flyers on the doors and having the cops come in to talk at the HOA meetings. Also one of our other neighbours asked the cops to do more drive-by's but I tried that myself after those guys tried to break in and it lasted all of a day.

I know it's a bugger where you are too. Would really like to see the emails if that's OK with you. )

You know what I think of being armed. I guess carrying my blooming panic button around with me is not going to cut the mustard though. I do have Mace! lol

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560734 wrote: Or... OMFG!!! Look what's behind you!
        :H:H:H

Comment

BTW... Just saw part of the crappiest movier EVER. Cabin in the woods. Please spare yourselves the effort.

Mrs. T is living a nightmare if her own, wondering where the boys are. Been trying to encourage her to try and relax, to no avail . Their curfew is 11, so not too long to go. God have mercy on their souls should they dare to be late :H
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1560736 wrote: No you never told me that. Would you mind flipping me a couple of the emails to give me idea?

We're thinking of flyers on the doors and having the cops come in to talk at the HOA meetings. Also one of our other neighbours asked the cops to do more drive-by's but I tried that myself after those guys tried to break in and it lasted all of a day.

I know it's a bugger where you are too. Would really like to see the emails if that's OK with you. )

You know what I think of being armed. I guess carrying my blooming panic button around with me is not going to cut the mustard though. I do have Mace! lol
            As with the piccies, just hang on until I'm back home.

I would never arm myself, but it does give peace of mind that help is a panic button away.

We use the info channel for other things too - e.g. ensuring that no more houses are turned into student communes. We're the last single residential area left close to the campus.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;1560738 wrote:

:H:H::H
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560739 wrote: BTW... Just saw part of the crappiest movier EVER. Cabin in the woods. Please spare yourselves the effort.

Mrs. T is living a nightmare if her own, wondering where the boys are. Been trying to encourage her to try and relax, to no avail . Their curfew is 11, so not too long to go. God have mercy on their souls should they dare to be late :H
                How old is your eldest now?

Well, there are reasons for her to be worried... and not just the most obvious one that they are having way too much fun!!!

Comment

Evening troops. Just checking in. Sharks, eh?!

Back from last run with the running club... a week today i will have done first shift in the new job ... eek. Banjaxed though.

Comment

Evening/morning Army folk...couldn't help but comment on your cub getting out and about Tipps. Going through the same thing with my locusts. And yes, not sure if you have Lynx in SA but the pervading smell of deodorant is a lot to handle :H

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560741 wrote: As with the piccies, just hang on until I'm back home.

I would never arm myself, but it does give peace of mind that help is a panic button away.

We use the info channel for other things too - e.g. ensuring that no more houses are turned into student communes. We're the last single residential area left close to the campus.
                      Yeah, it would be great if you'd send them.

I know... the panic button is quite effective as the alarm company is all over it like white on rice. The trouble is... how long does it take "Boca's Finest" to get here?

Yeah, that's a great idea on the email. That's how I talk to the HOA members anyway and it would be easy enough to set up. I think I'll suggest it...

Comment

Hiya Arsey and Happs!!! :wavin:

We get Lynx here... it's enough to gag a maggot! Dunno about the young things out there today but if anyone came near me with that stink on them I'd be on the other end of the spectrum from amorous!

Arsey... are you a bit sad saying "bye" to the running club? :l

Comment

Zenstyle;1560743 wrote: How old is your eldest now?

Well, there are reasons for her to be worried... and not just the most obvious one that they are having way too much fun!!!
                          He'll be 17 in Jan.

Mrs. T was FURIOUS when she overheard me asking if they had condoms :H. The looj of astonishment on their pimply faces made it worthwhile, though :H

:wavin: Arseous. You're in for a bit of an adjustment, old chap :l. I'm sure you'll do fine, though.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

myhappyplace;1560747 wrote: Evening/morning Army folk...couldn't help but comment on your cub getting out and about Tipps. Going through the same thing with my locusts. And yes, not sure if you have Lynx in SA but the pervading smell of deodorant is a lot to handle :H
                            LMAO Saucy :H

Good to see you :l
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560752 wrote: He'll be 17 in Jan.

Mrs. T was FURIOUS when she overheard me asking if they had condoms :H. The looj of astonishment on their pimply faces made it worthwhile, though :H

:wavin: Arseous. You're in for a bit of an adjustment, old chap :l. I'm sure you'll do fine, though.
                              OMG!!!!! Feckin priceless!!! :H

They handed me loads of them when I was in rehab. Some bloody HIV thingo. I sure as shite don't need them... want me to send them?!!! Mrs T will have a FIT!!! :H

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560752 wrote:

:H I throw condoms around like they're after dinner mints...I've done all the talking I can over the years about safety so now I'm mute(ish) on the subject...

:l to all of you

Comment

Working...
                                X