Army Thread September 24th 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok since I am up and no one started the thread yet I guess I gotta do it. I am going to bed soon and hope to wake up to lots of posts by yous all (trying to speak your language - I'll catch on if I keeps practicing)

OK I am orderin up a beautiful Tuesday for everyone. Hope it arrives on yer doorsteps in time.

See yous all in da marnin
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Hey Red -thanks for starting the thread. Have a good sleep.

This is just a quick fly by.
    - off for the day with mother - she has to go to not one but 2 feckin' hospitals today.
    • One for a hearing aid she won't wear - but wants the latest & greatest technology anyway And 2 for her waterworks issue :egad:
    Oh joy !!!

........ a positive spin quick ..................
    Yeah I get to spend a workday in Dublin even if it is in a hospital waiting room.

Mr D'arsey when you are making brekkie - bring some chicken soup ( for the soul) into the Sick Bay for our friends MIA :l

Comment

Good morning Reddie, Satzuma and all to come

Slightly overcast here, but pleasant. I'm cooking up a brunch for the folksies who are leaving today - three friends of ours who only came for the long weekend. After that, we'll see what takes our fancy.

Useless information for the day: today is Heritage Day in Saffaland, where we celebrate our diversity. Archbishop Desmond Tutu started a "Braai Day" movement a few years ago. It seems love of the braai is the one thing that unites all South Africans :H. As long as we don't talk politics around the fire

Have a lekker day, Army!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning troops.

Right, got some chicken soup for the chicken's soul, as made my soulless sous chef, Randy...

And this is what he is eating...

That's right folks, his cousin Pete :egad:

for the rest of us not wanting chicken soup at 7am... here's some cawfee

Gonna breakfast up and ready to write stuff for me course... then begin the long slow process of packing this cottage up ready for moving :no: at the end of the week back to the folks...

Hmmm... wonder how incheroo is getting on at unipoo?

Comment

x-post - to The T! :waving:

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560358 wrote: Good morning Reddie, Satzuma and all to come

Slightly overcast here, but pleasant. I'm cooking up a brunch for the folksies who are leaving today - three friends of ours who only came for the long weekend. After that, we'll see what takes our fancy.

Useless information for the day: today is Heritage Day in Saffaland, where we celebrate our diversity. Archbishop Desmond Tutu started a "Braai Day" movement a few years ago. It seems love of the braai is the one thing that unites all South Africans :H. As long as we don't talk politics around the fire

Have a lekker day, Army!
            Gotta love the tutu tipps. Once met him, way back when i was a teen ... - got a photo of me an him in a hug (awww)... he is one wonderful, inspiring and truly saintly man. And he has one of the best laughs ever.

Comment

Good morning army.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning everyone

Yeah, where is Inchy, was thinking about her last night.

Could have done with that chicken soup when I was bad with a cold at weekend, still getting over it today.

Am feeling a bit down today. I work in a job where some people, a minority can sometimes play games. It's one of the reasons I'm starting to retrain (apart from the fact it's also the right thing for me to be doing), I thought I had dealt with it, then it happened again and it's made me feel sick.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Good morning Red, MrT, Satz, D'Arsey, Tabbers, Blondie and all :hallo:

Red- thanks for thread starting - hope ye get a nice sleep and awake to lots of posts here!

MrT- How long are ye away for?

Satz- good luck to yer Mam xx

Mr D'Arsey- didn't realise ye had to leave the cottage?:upset: Take it Aberdeen is to far to commute? When do ye start new job? Sorry for all the Q's btw!!

Tabbers - how's it goin with ye?

Hiya Blondie Really sorry yer feeling down. That work thing don't sound nice. Are you like a manager or summat? Do ye have others in work with whom could discuss or flag this issue up?

Right gonna get me more coffee and some food then stick on the uniform and head to the sick bay and tend to those souls there!:l

Comment

G'morning Arseous, Tabbers and YouKayBee.

We've eaten our fill - bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, caramelised onions, scrambled eggs, toast, cheese, jam, sliced avos, fried mushrooms.

Shortly off to a local fair. The "Strandloper Fees". Reportage to follow.

Visitors have left - feeling slightly depressed because it was lovely having them. We all stood on the balcony waving towels as they drove past on their way out.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

X-post Sweetie - it took me forever to complete my post. We're here until Saturday or Sunday.

Stunning house. Not in terms of luxury, but very homely and amazing 180 degree sea view.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

sweetpea29;1560439 wrote: Good morning Red, MrT, Satz, D'Arsey, Tabbers, Blondie and all :hallo:

Red- thanks for thread starting - hope ye get a nice sleep and awake to lots of posts here!

MrT- How long are ye away for?

Satz- good luck to yer Mam xx

Mr D'Arsey- didn't realise ye had to leave the cottage?:upset: Take it Aberdeen is to far to commute? When do ye start new job? Sorry for all the Q's btw!!

Tabbers - how's it goin with ye?

Hiya Blondie Really sorry yer feeling down. That work thing don't sound nice. Are you like a manager or summat? Do ye have others in work with whom could discuss or flag this issue up?

Right gonna get me more coffee and some food then stick on the uniform and head to the sick bay and tend to those souls there!:l
                        Thanks Sweetpea, I have people I can talk to, who can empathise but it's not necessarily colleagues who play the games. I interact with the customers and it's odd ones of those causing the issues. It's difficult to explain here sorry!
                        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560442 wrote: X-post Sweetie - it took me forever to complete my post. We're here until Saturday or Sunday.

Stunning house. Not in terms of luxury, but very homely and amazing 180 degree sea view.
                          House sounds fab MrT as does the spread ye put on for folks:goodjob: Much more appetising than my porridge!!

Hope ye are reaping the benefits of being away from home and truly taking a rest for yourself.

Even though Ive been off now for over a week, being about the house just flags up things needing done here so have been busy a lot of days trying to sort that. It feels good to get stuff done here though too. Had a large flat screen tv which sat on floor behind me sofa for over a year- its now safely hanging in my dining/living area, and curtain rail is up just waiting me to fix the curtains- makes place so much more cosy and homely

Comment

Ukblonde;1560443 wrote: Thanks Sweetpea, I have people I can talk to, who can empathise but it's not necessarily colleagues who play the games. I interact with the customers and it's odd ones of those causing the issues. It's difficult to explain here sorry!
                            Arra -don't worry ye don't have to try explain Blondie:l

Dunno what setting or field ye are in - I find in my work the dealing with relatives of patients the most challenging and difficult aspect of the job. Some people can be so aggressive and difficult and downright ignorant sometimes- and we hafta smile, say sorry and be made feel like shit!

Hope ye can find a way around it :l

Comment

Morning Army! Off to the dentist this morning to fix the root canal and crown he screwed up a year ago. Yes, a year ago - I don't like dentists, but I like this pain less, so there you go. Have a wonderful day all

Love Waggy
                              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                              X