Army Thread... 25th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's an early start to the thread, I know. And I am SO sorry to do this as I think everyone is very bored with the saga by now.

I've been told that, by apologizing all the time, people think I caused the whole fracas. And that is NOT the case.

What caused the initial problem is not.my.deal. That is a whole other thing that I wasn't even here for. However, I supported a member on this thread and I urged him not to leave, and that caused a bit of a problem as it was in disagreement with some people's opinions on the subject of how you support a person that has had a glass of wine.

And I shall also make it clear that the reason I've been so apologetic is (a) I spoke harshly to Jackie and Molly on Saturday because of all of the above and (b) I'm trying to smooth things over now as it hurts ME to have hurt THEIR feelings.

End of story. And no more apologies from me.

I hope our thread can just take a big exhale and get back to doing what it does best. I think it's wrong that people are on eggshells because of this. There are more important things to focus on... we have thread members that are needing support right now and they don't have the energy for this stuff. In fact I think some of them have fecked off.

So breathe! Be yourselves. Please. And can those that were missing at the previous role call please check in. Please? And that is including Jackie and Molly. Get your backsides back here. People are missing you as if you didn't notice.

:l

I have to go and have some fat taken from my belly and put into my temple tomorrow morning (Gawd I must be mad... lived with the hole in ma heid all ma life... why now?) and when I get back home to convalesce on my sick bed I feckin well hope to see this thread hopping.

HOPPING! And THAT is ORDERS! (cough cough) :new:

Edit: I started the thread with an apology! I have to stop doing that.

Morning Zenny (or should I say nighty night). Hope your procedure goes well tomorrow and you heal quickly. How many people can say they filled the hole in their head with tummy fat?

Far as peoples feelings, everyone is different and you have apologized over and over (not sure what happened but no matter what it was I truly believe your apology is genuine). I hope they come back cause I think they are both wonderful and funny women. You are too!!! Sometimes things are out of our control - serenity prayer - accept the things we can not change.

Guess what day it is, WEDNESDAY-more than half week gone after today. Have a great one!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Good morning Zennie, Red and all to follow

Only Mrs. T and I are up - we'll have to start making a racket to rouse the youngsters, else they sleep the morning away.

Have a lekker day, folksies!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Zen and Mr T and all to come -

Line up troops, got you some speshul tasty cawfee for you all

Woke up at 4am with a headache gonna study some more on hydration and electrolytes...

Marnin' Red! (didn't see you there... really must go get me eyes checked... I mean, why I have the TV box on my lap top us beyond me.)

Comment

Morning from a very damp & foggy emerald isle.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

.....and bye
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning Zen, Red, MrT, D'Arsey, Tabbers and all :hallo:

Good luck for the procedure Zen

MrT- what ya cookin up this morn? Go on and describe and make me jealous!

D'Arsey - have ye had that headache since Sunday? Not good m'dear :no:

Tabbers- tis damp and foggy up this end of the isle too ((

Last day of me holliers :upset: Though think am off again in October :yay:

Heading down to visit an Aunt for a bite of lunch later Need to go check on sick bay after I get me some cawfee...

Comment

Morning Arseous, Tabbers and Sweetie

Tabbers: you sound a bit like Eeyore :H :l

Sweetie: no cooking up a storm this morning. They had a choice of corn flakes, yogurt or leftover braai. Enjoy your last day off :l

Zennie: hope the procedure goes well. I would be more than willing to share some belly fat with needy others...

Time to hit the shower before the others get going properly. Especially the youngest cub. She consumes cleaning products and hot water like there's no tomorrow. She's been emotionally fantastic, though. I've learnt to appreciate the inter-period times :H
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning All,

Glad to see order has resumed and I can poke my head above the parapet once more.

Off out in the sunshine to do some more work with my friend....then to fill out some forms for my bankruptcy and then hopefully a run and then EARLY NIGHT with my book. woohoo!

Have a great day all.

Good luck to Zenners with her fathead

EW
                  If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1560899 wrote: Morning Arseous, Tabbers and Sweetie

Tabbers: you sound a bit like Eeyore

Sweetie: no cooking up a storm this morning. They had a choice of corn flakes, yogurt or leftover braai. Enjoy your last day off :l

Zennie: hope the procedure goes well. I would be more than willing to share some belly fat with needy others...

Time to hit the shower before the others get going properly. Especially the youngest cub. She consumes cleaning products and hot water like there's no tomorrow. She's been emotionally fantastic, though. I've learnt to appreciate the inter-period times :H
                    :H Ahhh MrT what a good Daddy ye are

Could share some belly fat with needy others here too!!

Quick check on sick bay and they is showing signs of recovery Jackie wan still has the wind problem but suppose we could cope with that!

Laters :hallo:

Comment

X-post- Mornin EW :hiya:

Comment

morning all, sorry for the absence but have been so so busy this week, had a bit of an upset with the wife the other night (we're ok now) and it's probably the closest I've come to picking up a drink, but i didn't (thank God) so here I am, middle of the week, my day off! Heading up to the town later to have a look around then back here, have two projects to do - one of which I am just in love with - and bass practice, started writing again and all the usual cleaning, cooking and whatnot that sssh I think I might actually enjoy a tiny bit... until the novelty wares off xD

good luck with your procedure Zen, sorry to hear there's still upset in the army, I wasn't there when it happened and I'm not going to be getting involved personally, that no offense to everybody but... well frankly whatever happened is none of my business and I like ya'll too much to be poking my nose in now haha.

Hope your headache improves Arsey

Sweetpea: enjoy your last day off and keep that next holiday in mind! I know I'm already looking forward to christmas (at home with my wifey! yay!)

Tigger: Youngest cub sounds alot like what my brother was like for the shower! Gotta race him in there or wait an hour n walk in to about 50 different fragrances from this spray and that shower thing and... typical girl in cubs case though haha

n morning to Red and tabbers and all yet to come. will try and check in more regularly from now on x
                        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

xpost: morning EW! given me a giggle with Zen's fathead there xD hope all goes well for you today, must say I'm still enjoying seeing you pop up about the place, thread was not the same without ya.
                          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Hey Inchy :l

Lovely to see ya and still sounding good :goodjob:

Just gotta horrible threatening email from car insurance comp so must away and try sort it

Comment

Morning army

Late start for me. Hope the procedure goes well today zenny. What was it that made you decide to have it done now?

I'm hoping to get out for a run too EW...missed my run yesterday for the first time in a week. Got to give my breakfast/lunch time to settle first.

Good to hear there're signs of life in the sick bay, sweetie. The army quartermaster's getting the gas masks out, ready for the troops to collect later. Enjoy your last day off work.

Sounds as though university life is suiting you inchy :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X